Hello Guest October 06, 2024, 07:23:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Global Recession  (Read 3536 times)

bbydino05

• Forum member
Global Recession
« on: April 19, 2009, 01:24:08 »

Ok well i've been watching the news lately (like always lol) and i've noticed america is rising in its stocks. Now not to be racist or anything but i want to point out one important thing. Have you ever noticed that when america is in trouble no one but our true alies come to help us (which is rare). Now really i believe that we can form together as a planet and solve this global crisis and really america is the one in need of the most help because really once america is in crisis the whole planet falls into one.

Good News: America's major stock dow jones as of 5:22 on april 18th is 8131.33 now this may seem like nothing from what we use to have (12000-13000) but is better then the 6400 hundred we had. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)

Captain Darling

• Forum member
Re: Global Recession
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 01:36:43 »

America started this mess with some American banks, if America started it then i'm sure they can finish it..

Whatever happened to that big pay out from the US goverment?
Regards,
James

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 01:42:20 »

hey hey hey, now dont go blaming this on us americans. the entire world's economy is down and its not just our fault we have no control that an american bank folded up and crash the economy, and its quite simple, unemployment rates are higher than ever, people that have jobs alot are just making it by and even people with some money to spare aren't gonna spend it on things that are less important like games or electronics, they're gonna buy the major things and save their money incase something happens, sure the stocks are recovering but i'm not holding my breath, if the gas prices go back up again we'll end up right where we started again

Multiplayer Ship Simmers Gaming Clan (http://www.mpssclan.co.uk/forum)  Sig By Agent|Austin

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 02:25:55 »

Ok now dont get in a fuss over this I live in the US and it is the people who Bought a 700,000 dollar house they couldnt afford that got us into this mess not only that but it is a mojor contributer and Obama has helped it.
PLEASE NO I HATE OBAMA STUFF IN THIS OR THIS IS NOT TRUE EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO AN OPINION

Thanks TJK!
Intel Core i7 930@ 2.8GHz, 12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2 Win

mvsmith

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 03:43:07 »

If the whole world is in a financial mess—as some here seem to claim—because some Americans bought homes they couldn't afford, then we certainly are a global superpower. And we don't need our nukes to be one.

bbydino05

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 04:02:17 »

If the whole world is in a financial mess—as some here seem to claim—because some Americans bought homes they couldn't afford, then we certainly are a global superpower. And we don't need our nukes to be one.
finally i was about to address this cause if you ever notice we help as many people (countries) as possible and we dont get any help in return this is what happens. Metaphorically we are the heart of the earth. Now obama is awesome he has already solved some of the crisis and really just because he is black dont forget he is half white. Now what other countries need to realize is that america is tired of no help in return so we are going to focus on us for once and give real american citizens not illegal immigrants our jobs we need to solve this crisis again we have before. And i know im only thirteen but my voice can make a difference. It is our future that is in danger. And really right now obama is the best not because he was or only option we had more but obama has done more positive things in his three months then bush did in eight years. No rude comments lets keep this at pg-13

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 04:38:32 »

Interesting... :)

Heard about the Bilderberg-group, New World Order and that stuff?
Here's a video I recommend http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCv32qaINIQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCv32qaINIQ). That's news stories before 2009. ;)

And Ron Paul http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d73KlhUq1W8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d73KlhUq1W8)

And Obama is just a puppet. Looking forward to the rest of the year when it comes to US politics, the UN, EU, North-Korea, Iran, the new world order (the G20 meeting) and especially all this stuff on YoyTube about FEMA camps, chemitrails and all this, and also new evidences around 9/11. :)

No I'm not here for ranting, I just find this stuff extremely interesting 8)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 04:48:26 by JHB »
My music: www.jhbrende.com (http://www.jhbrende.com/)

TerryRussell

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 11:05:17 »

Gentlemen,

I think that I'd not want this topic to get into slurs about nationalities or to get into "my politics are better than yours" arguments.

The basic problem was not caused by America nor any single country, nor any single person. It was caused by too many people spedning money they didn't have.

Then one day, a child in the crowds said "Look Mummy! The Emperor has no clothes". And not all the King's horses nor all the King's men could put Humpty Dumpty together again.

If this topic does get insulting or provacative, it will be locked without further warnings by any Moderator or Admin who thinks it best to do so. I trust that's understood.

capn_cal

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 01:45:34 »

hey hey hey, now dont go blaming this on us americans. the entire world's economy is down and its not just our fault we have no control that an american bank folded up and crash the economy, and its quite simple, unemployment rates are higher than ever, people that have jobs alot are just making it by and even people with some money to spare aren't gonna spend it on things that are less important like games or electronics, they're gonna buy the major things and save their money incase something happens, sure the stocks are recovering but i'm not holding my breath, if the gas prices go back up again we'll end up right where we started again
what he said from us americans
i don't know what to say on here so i'm typing what i'm typing now because i can't think of what else to type

matt5674

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 02:34:26 »

I heard America's current President, President Obama, is gonna try to end the Iraqi War so America can gert a break, In 2001, the World Trade Center was attacked and they're gonna build a new WTC. America is also great for many people who are Famous, like Martin Luther King Jr. I say USA and the rest of the world are fine(except Iraq, you know, Iraqi War, Osama Bin Laden).

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 07:34:32 »

I'm not going to "point the finger" at any country here, but, I personally think this recession occurred from people simply spending money-but spending money they couldn't re-pay, or borrowed. Basically what Terry said by "people spending money they don't have", the banks were giving loans to pretty much anyone who wanted one. Britain has had its good time in the housing market, and other area's, but I think that’s going to be it for a long time now.

Though, no doubt, they'll be another one in my life time, if not more than one ::)

Thats my personal view, Anyway.

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 10:41:18 »

I heard America's current President, President Obama, is gonna try to end the Iraqi War so America can gert a break, In 2001, the World Trade Center was attacked and they're gonna build a new WTC. America is also great for many people who are Famous, like Martin Luther King Jr. I say USA and the rest of the world are fine(except Iraq, you know, Iraqi War, Osama Bin Laden).

Err... right... apart from all that being a bit odd..  Osama Bin Laden is a Saudi-Arabian guy, who was hiding out in Afghanistan, he has nothing to do with the Iraq war, other than that he was used as an(other) excuse to invade.
I reckon propaganda does indeed pay off.. in some cases..  :)

And well.. 'America is great for many people who are famous'?   I bet it is..  :P
But that's got no bearing on Joe Average trying to keep his kids fed and healthy when the factory closes and he hasn't got an income, or health insurance, any more..   :-\

Fred

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 13:22:23 »

It kind of makes me wish I waited until now to by my boat as the price has gone from 17g to 14g for a similar boat on the market.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

(http://www.userbars.com)
www.llamalord

RMS Canada

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 16:54:56 »

I just hope we don't end up in another "Great Depression".
All ahead full!

TerryRussell

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 17:19:28 »

All the indications are that things are levelling off (house prices, numbers unemployed, business optimism, etc). I'd reckon that this will start to lift in about October.

Not long after that, things will take off rapidly (February/March 2010) and by December 2010 no-one will remember the recession and it will back to stupid spending as normal.

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 18:10:09 »

But...

If this does end up as bad as the great depression,  What would this one be called?

The Mongo-Mega Depression...  I wouldn't put that past the publicity and the news anchors. ::)

www.llamalord

firestar12

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 18:19:53 »

Or the super ultra depression! ;D

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 22:02:16 »

Or the super ultra depression! ;D

:D :D :D

Well, there is one of many things I love when it comes to you Americans, you got tea parties ;D
I wish we had that in Norway too because here we pay our taxes like never before without even going out in the streets and make some noise about it. ;D Well, that says a lot about Norway :)
My music: www.jhbrende.com (http://www.jhbrende.com/)

RMS Canada

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 16:49:22 »

My father lost everything when he was a young boy during the Great Depression.  His toys thrown away.  My father and his family lived in a large house, but they were forced to move into a smaller house.  I just don't want the same thing happening to me.
All ahead full!

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 17:12:33 »

All the indications are that things are levelling off (house prices, numbers unemployed, business optimism, etc). I'd reckon that this will start to lift in about October.

Not long after that, things will take off rapidly (February/March 2010) and by December 2010 no-one will remember the recession and it will back to stupid spending as normal.

Things have to change by September, especially inflation, as that is when the Government calculates the pension increase for the following April!!

TerryRussell

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 18:34:18 »

If the inflation figures continue to be negative, will they come round and take the pension money back?

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 18:44:04 »

If the inflation figures continue to be negative, will they come round and take the pension money back?
O MY thats done it with my £3 raise on my pension I was planning a cruise with the wife
new super computer for extremes holiday in thailand  and a few other bits  :evil: now will have to
leave the wife at home  :angel:
                                                Eric

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 19:10:07 »

Difficult to take back the square root of ? all

!!

TerryRussell

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 20:31:08 »

O MY thats done it with my £3 raise on my pension I was planning a cruise with the wife
new super computer for extremes holiday in thailand  and a few other bits  :evil: now will have to
leave the wife at home  :angel:
                                                Eric

But persumably the girlfriend can still come along? If you can get her and the wife to do the rowing, you've got it cracked!  :evil:

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2009, 21:43:15 »

Cheering on the local Crew team from my boat is really fun because you get to watch all them do the rowing while you lean on your throttle! :lol:

www.llamalord
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines