Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 20:59:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: tight squeeze  (Read 12394 times)

Ballast

• Global Moderator
tight squeeze
« on: March 07, 2009, 19:54:55 »

The Latitude had a really tight squeeze in Marseille  ;D

It's the crew that makes the difference

Ballast

• Global Moderator
Re: tight squeeze
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 20:04:56 »

I wasnt worried about the shallows, she still had a UKC of 5 metres. Lining up while approaching the narrow lock was more exciting, didnt had much clearance on both sides.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 20:10:38 »

compliments to the tow-guys.. :)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 23:02:24 »

No it wasn't there are no names over the ship, probably a custom mission he made.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 23:06:19 »

I figure that too, what with the shots he made..
It wasn't in MP I think (no names)...

TerryRussell

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 00:54:52 »

It's good to see the reduced draft Latitude being used.  ;D

firestar12

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 01:14:36 »

It's good to see the reduced draft Latitude being used.  ;D
Where can I get it? I joined the creators forum but I can't find it.

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 09:19:07 »

I think Terry is making a joke.

How come you didn't stop when you grounded?

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 09:32:39 »

The Latitude was still afloat. I used the new dynamic files with reduced draft for the Latitude which, i believe, Terry created.

Austin is right, i made a custom mission with the Latitude, Fairmount Sherpa and Bugsier 2.

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 10:12:50 »

Oh, those files are verry interesting!

Terry Russel, maybe it is something to put on the shipsim website in the "user created content"section!
I think that a lot of people are interested in it.

I certainly am!  :lol:

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 10:35:51 »

Oh, those files are verry interesting!

Terry Russel, maybe it is something to put on the shipsim website in the "user created content"section!
I think that a lot of people are interested in it.

I certainly am!  :lol:

It's already on the mission creators forum.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 10:50:50 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2XMCZex7Es

A quick movie i just made about the Latitude in the south entrance. My first experience with Fraps, i'll see if i can come up with something better later on.

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 11:22:10 »

Oh, thx, just downloaded it!

Now there finally is a challenge for the tugs  ;)

TerryRussell

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 11:42:31 »

I think Terry is making a joke.

No, 'tis true.

I have just added a stand-alone update pack that contains the latest version of the reduced-draft Latitude only. You can also get improved versions of PoR, Vermaas, and various other vessels at Creators Forum.

Easiest way to find updated dynamics is to select "Add-on or update" when you list the available downloads.

There is also a mission (Reduced Draft Latitude at Botlek) on Creators Forum that uses the reduced-draft Latitude. Just select "Latitude" from the vessel types when you list the missions.

SAM: You you should download and install today's updated Latitude (see above). I have just finished working on it and testing it.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 12:56:08 »

I think there are different sets of new dynamics. I got it from the dutchshipsim website (they removed it, guess i hurt their feelings with posting the pics), looking at your screenshot the Latitude has more draft than mine. I assumed both sets were equal.

New movie (including lock passage!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf0OZaIENBI

Changed the Sherpa by the Bugsier 2. The B2 is more nimble for lining up in the tight corner just before the lock. No muscle power from the green machine is needed, B2 seems to handle the job very well as leading tug.

TerryRussell

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 13:14:51 »

I think there are different sets of new dynamics. I got it from the dutchshipsim website (they removed it, guess i hurt their feelings with posting the pics), looking at your screenshot the Latitude has more draft than mine. I assumed both sets were equal.

I released a number of different beta versions via Creators Forum while we were testing the different loadings. No-one else should be distributing copies, though.

But the handling characteristics are the same as she was in full draft?

Well, no. Latitude has pumped 25,000 tonnes of oil off. Of course, she's much lighter and will handle differently.

One more question: if someone on MP has a Latitude with reduced draft, will all players be able to see that or only those who has installed the same update ?

Anyone who doesn't have the update will see your version displayed as if it was the original version. But you will be able to access shallow waters without grounding. They will simply see a "normal" Latitude accessing shallow waters. it won't ground on their PC as all the calculations are done on your PC.

On a laggy server, your Latitide may appear to jump a little more than usual, but your view of it will be OK. (when in MP, the server is told by your PC where your vessel is located, speed, direction etc). The server tells the other users. Their PCs then calculate where your vessel is heading until they get an update from the server. If they have calculated wrongly, your vessel jumps to the real position. And on it goes).

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 14:17:24 »

I released a number of different beta versions via Creators Forum while we were testing the different loadings. No-one else should be distributing copies, though.

Thank you for the effort you put in to it. You did a nice job, i really like the Latitude in ballast.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 14:20:40 »

Oh, thx, just downloaded it!

Now there finally is a challenge for the tugs  ;)

Ok, thanks for clearing up those things

Show us the pics how you guys did it pls  :)

firestar12

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 15:06:17 »

Terry, does it display a draft change when you choose the vessel? But I can't find the download.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 15:13:29 »

@ Firestar

After you selected the downloads page, select 'ADD-ON or UPDATE' under 'Envoirement'.

firestar12

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 15:29:22 »

@ Firestar

After you selected the downloads page, select 'ADD-ON or UPDATE' under 'Envoirement'.

So the add on is a mission? I can only use it in a mission? Or is this the right page? http://217.45.209.217/cgi-bin/creators/missions_001.pl

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 16:37:09 »

The new dyn files are the first hit if you searched for ADD-ON or UPDATE.

I think it's a self installer. Everytime you select the Latitude it will be with reduced draft.

TerryRussell

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2009, 16:53:39 »

Yes, it is inded a self-installer. Go to the "Downloads" section, where all the missions and add-ons are kept. Select "Add-on/Updates", and as Ballast says, it's right there.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 16:56:57 by TerryRussell »

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2009, 17:04:20 »

New movie (including lock passage!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf0OZaIENBI

Changed the Sherpa by the Bugsier 2. The B2 is more nimble for lining up in the tight corner just before the lock. No muscle power from the green machine is needed, B2 seems to handle the job very well as leading tug.
Well done that movie. Without the SS08 screencontrols/info bar it's almost the real thing.
A big round of applause.
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

firestar12

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2009, 17:05:51 »

Yes, it is inded a self-installer. Go to the "Downloads" section, where all the missions and add-ons are kept. Select "Add-on/Updates", and as Ballast says, it's right there.
Ah...I got it. Thanks Terry. I also downloaded the new dynamics. Well done, it behaves realistically.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines