Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 15:52:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MV Vermaas  (Read 4980 times)

ariake

• Forum member
MV Vermaas
« on: February 18, 2009, 11:27:05 »

Hello,

I am not able to go forward to the bows of this ship in walkaround mode. I get as far as the bollards just forward of the accomodation and cant get past the bollards.

I have installed the latest patches.

Any solutions?

MV Ariake

Person264

• Forum member
Re: MV Vermaas
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 11:46:15 »

Persistence, if you keep at it you will get past them. Just keep pressing forward when you get to them and you eventually get through.

Welcome to the forum

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 12:14:42 »

Hi There,

Welcome to the forum :)

Sometimes, you can get past the bollards easier, by pressing SHIFT while pressing the up arrow, this makes you run, and if you keep at it, you should get past! :thumbs: :)

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

kuusuru

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 12:20:04 »

I also find that some of them are easier to pass on the inboard side, and some of them outboard... once you get to the bow, is there any way to climb that mast ????  Nice view you'd get from up there...

Captain Tony

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 15:06:32 »

I've tried all of the above things countless times, and not one of them has ever worked. I cannot pass those bollards on either side, whether running or walking. Sometimes I can back away, and continue to do something else, but most of the time I seem to get stuck there and the only way to get out is to press"0", which relocates to the bridge.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 16:26:11 »

If you go to the port side and when you get to the first set of bollards, Hold down the "UP" arrow and you will slowly, very slowly, squeeze past.A little further for'd there is one set of bollards that you must pass outside of. After that it's a long hike to the bow. ::)
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

kuusuru

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 21:51:55 »

I've tried all of the above things countless times, and not one of them has ever worked. I cannot pass those bollards on either side, whether running or walking. Sometimes I can back away, and continue to do something else, but most of the time I seem to get stuck there and the only way to get out is to press"0", which relocates to the bridge.

I just tested, and it took 16 seconds of jogging on the spot before I squeezed inboard past the first starboard bollard.  Have you tried holding down the key for at least that long?  And moving the view around while you're jogging, looking up and down, side to side... don't know if that helps, but it relieves the monotony  :)

TerryRussell

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 22:06:28 »

Hi Kuusuru.

This isn't really a technical support question, since your version of Ship Simulator is installed and working.

I'll move this across to General Discussions, where you'll probably get even more people joining in.

Captain Tony

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 00:44:31 »

You're right, Traddles and Kuusuru. It's just a matter of holding down the key until, eventually, you somehow get through. Thank you both, it worked. But, all said and done it's a bit disappointing that there is nothing to do when you get to the bow of the Vermaas. At least on the Agile Solution, you can climb up to the crow's nest.

firestar12

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 02:03:22 »

To do that (Get to the bow), you must have a ton of patience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines