Hello Guest April 23, 2024, 11:32:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Simulator Extremes-unlocking the secrets  (Read 377021 times)

Bottman

• Global Moderator
Re: Ship Simulator 2010-unlocking the secrets
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2009, 15:39:49 »

Ooooooooooof - how many data!!!

Hopefully your optimistic thoughts about the release date are coming true. Well, I mean optimistic - not realistic.. ::)

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2009, 15:46:45 »

Hehe..

JHB, you are surely not suggesting there's any logic involved in all this?   :P

Nice theory though.

:lol:

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2009, 19:29:49 »

@Madfred: I will post a white paper next time with some scramblings & figures :lol:

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2009, 00:42:08 »

;D  ;D

RJS87

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2009, 19:01:03 »

Very curious.. if i'll be meeting the system requirements for ss2010.. i certainly hope so..!!!
where to get some info about that?/?

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2009, 19:08:12 »

Nobody knows the system specs yet, i guess we just have to wait untill the release date.
It's the crew that makes the difference

matt5674

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2009, 19:40:34 »

One thing i know about SS10's system requirements is that it needs a windows XP/2000
/vista to play it with 1GB(XP) or 2GB(vista).
It has the same system requirements like the other Ship Simulators.
And another thing I know, about the ships, is that the New Horizon ships are no longer addon ships. and for a request, maybe having the SS06 walking style will make it realistic and a model of a Sim you designed for the ship(E.X. Titanic- Crew- Captain). you can be a crewman, the captain, or a passenger of someone elses ship in multiplayer, and the lifeboats do lauch as long as the ship your on has lifebats.

TerryRussell

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2009, 19:43:25 »

Hi Matt.

Can you post the link(s) where Vstep said all that? Then other members can go read it all.

Thanks.  :thumbs:

matt5674

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2009, 19:47:59 »

that is just what I think Ship simulator 2010 will have. I was also thinking for the new ships(like Queen Mary 2) will have a mission that is based on a real life cruise or adventure ;). For example, Britannic is heading to a island with some wounded soldiers. Get to the island without going through enemy territories.

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2009, 19:50:07 »

If you only think that those things are going to happend, why do you say you know it's gonna happend? Even though you have absolutely no proofe or anything for that?

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

matt5674

« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2009, 19:52:53 »

well, abut the requirements, I read that from my SS08 box, and the ss10 stuff, I'm just excited it will come out soon and I want to know if it included the stuff I said

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2009, 19:54:40 »

Yeah, its probably best that if you are only basing it on your opinion, to say so Matt. I think V-STEP will release the information to us all via the website when they feel they are near completion of the new Simulator, or when they have completed it and its down to the Publishers.

But thanks for the opinion! ;)

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

matt5674

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2009, 19:59:06 »

Your welcome Jack.

TerryRussell

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2009, 20:05:36 »

As I am not aware of the requirements, I thought it unlikely that those were facts.  :evil:

But then, sometimes people forget to tell me things. Or I forget (I am VERY absent minded).

The problem is that once someone says "This is so" or "this will happen", someone else will quote it, and soon everyone assumes Vstep made that claim. When the information is subsequently shown to be wrong, Vstep get the blame.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2009, 20:08:46 »

Yeah, that does happen quite a lot I notice Terry ::) :lol:

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2009, 23:05:57 »

My guess is that if you have 2 GB of RAM, and if you have a 7000 NVIDIA GFORCE card and up, then your fine ;D. That is my assumption.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2009, 23:13:49 »

Well I have that now.. and sometimes it struggles on the really heavy missions with a lot of traffic..

Soo..  dunno..   ::)

Might be the minimum, but for a really good sim experience, a bit more might be handy..

All of which is still all speculation of course.. It'll be clear once the sim is alot further in development..

Fred

Daniel Cho

• Forum member
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2009, 23:14:33 »

i think Coastal Renaissance in BCFerries should be in ship sim 2010 because it is built for 2010 (olympic), it is

the world`s largest double-ended ferry and the BCFerries is the one of the largest passenger ferry line in the

world. So I think  Coastal Renaissance should be in shipsim 2010.

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2009, 23:20:53 »

Too late now ;D.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2009, 07:55:05 »

Well I have that now.. and sometimes it struggles on the really heavy missions with a lot of traffic..

Soo..  dunno..   ::)

Might be the minimum, but for a really good sim experience, a bit more might be handy..

All of which is still all speculation of course.. It'll be clear once the sim is alot further in development..

Fred

Sounds like I should invest in a new PC then :-X I did guess about 2 GB of RAM for the new SS, or 1 and a bit, but I only have 1, so It sounds like Its time for an upgrade. At least I got my money's worth out of this computer! Had it for 5 years now!

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2009, 15:41:09 »

My PCs are just 5 years old and I just change the components inside :D
That is the way to spare money ;D

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2009, 21:54:53 »

However, operating the computer for a long time and just keep putting new hardware into it could blow it up if it simply too old and cannot handle new technology it was not build to run on.

Captin Button

• Forum member
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2009, 10:03:03 »

hi guys,
thinking about this picture that was posted at the beggining of the topic, isn't it really a big give away?
Because the cliffs are in the background, rough seas (prefferibly because the seas aren't always calm around Dover, I know because I live there!!), and 2 PORs because P&O dominate the the Port of Dover with there 7 ship fleet based there and one of which is my forum name. But I have a good website on the Port of Dover (which I think NathenC would like) called DoverFerryPhotos. www.doverferryphotos.co.uk :captain:

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2009, 16:11:18 »

However, operating the computer for a long time and just keep putting new hardware into it could blow it up if it simply too old and cannot handle new technology it was not build to run on.

Hahaha...haha..lol (joke aside) :D :D :D

No my friend, because you need to change the mother board the day you need a new processor and it's using another type of CPU slot. You can use the tower (cabinet) over and over and over. You may have to change the PSU (power supply) sometimes when the new components requires more power. :)

In fact the only time you can "blow up" a computer would be to use your screw driver inside the tower when the power is turned on. It would not blow it up at all, just make some sparks and smokes and some electro shocks in your hand... :D

I did experience this a couple of years back, it made a small spark and a ugly smell of burned plastic.
I also had a accident with tower with a special cooling system where my processor where burned and the whole room did smell burned CPU (because of a production error from the factory). Out of the tower I could see some blue smoke raising and that was it. It didn't start any fire, just a spark or (small "pooooff") and the CPU died... and of course a loud beepy alarm from the mother board ;D

You can start talking about blowing a computer the day a thunderstorm strikes your computer...probably some parts of your house is blown away in the same time ;D

Well I nice try from you to make a big myth about PC building there.. :lol:

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2009, 16:20:12 »

:)

Mate of mine had a lighting strike just 10 meters from his house.. everything inside was toast, yet still no exposions..(apart from the one outside destroying a tree in the process..)

But everything electric was dead. (Luckily no personal injuries, that's of course the most important thing).

Usually it's the same with the hardware as it is with software, it's BSOD. With software it's the screen, with hardware the smoke..  :)

Once that Blue smoke and typical burned electronics smell have been released, it's ripe for the bin..
I learned that the hard way too..  ("Suuure, I can do that myself!  slip...scratch.. poof!)   ;D

I have learned much since, luckily.. hehe

Fred
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines