Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 23:34:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sailing Stlye  (Read 3767 times)

firestar12

Sailing Stlye
« on: February 12, 2009, 22:12:43 »

Well I know every one here who has bought the simulator has a 'sailing style' of their own. Like whether or not they spawn at a place to depart and they sail to another lace, And ones the get close enough they get a new ship and play some place else. Here is how I play. Well first, I get a good ship (like the Elbe or PoR) and I spawn (usually at a dock but not always) and I sail some place to dock. After that, I stay there and blast my horn for a minute or two, then leave to another place. What do you guys do?

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
Re: Sailing Stlye
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 23:16:27 »

I do donuts in titanic, but it just can't do it like the real ship!

firestar12

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 00:53:03 »

I do donuts in titanic, but it just can't do it like the real ship!
lol? Like spinning around in a circle? Cool.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 00:54:10 »

It was a joke. XD But yeah, it dosn't really spin like the real titanic.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 08:49:12 »

Hmmmm well, I suppose I have a very sort of, "No change" style :D

Sherpa and Furie are my favourites, I always enter Marseille with the Sherpa, and wait near the harbour wall just inside North Entrance for Vessel's like the Vermaas to come in, then I'll give them a hand into the basin, or where ever they want to go. Thats basically all i've done since I've been here :D (see what I mean about no change :D)

Jack.
p.s. Usually me and Ballast do the towing/pushing together too ;D :) (He usually come's in the Bugsier)
Kind Regards,
Jack.

kuusuru

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 10:14:26 »

Sherpa and Furie are my favourites, I always enter Marseille with the Sherpa, and wait near the harbour wall just inside North Entrance for Vessel's like the Vermaas to come in, then I'll give them a hand into the basin, or where ever they want to go. Thats basically all i've done since I've been here :D (see what I mean about no change :D)

Jack.
p.s. Usually me and Ballast do the towing/pushing together too ;D :) (He usually come's in the Bugsier)

Hey Jack, just wondering what sort of times you're on (your local time or UTC/GMT) and which server?

I usually drive the big iron, and in the times and places I'm on, friendly tugs are in short supply  :)

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 18:04:37 »

for Vessel's like the Vermaas to come in, then I'll give them a hand into the basin, or where ever they want to go.

Aargghh  :P ;D

When I see people do that with a sherpa I can't stop myself to give them comment.  :evil:

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 19:51:33 »

Hey Jack, just wondering what sort of times you're on (your local time or UTC/GMT) and which server?

I usually drive the big iron, and in the times and places I'm on, friendly tugs are in short supply  :)

What server are you usually on? I'd be glad to come along to that server, I always used to tug, but most of the people that where here then have gone, mainly due to so many servers that we are spread out.

Would love to come, what server are you usually on? I'm usually on from 5 in the evening onwards (UK time).

Jack :)
p.s. hence my signature :)
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Nathan|C

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 20:31:58 »

Normally I spawn at the EECV Terminal in Europoort with the PoR, spin her 180 degrees and head into the Beneluxhaven where I can practice docking/departing at the P&O terminal. But normally my friends prefer Marseille, so I just grab either the POR, Agile Solution or Jumbo Javelin and head to Marseille port.

firestar12

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 21:33:23 »

Jack.
Aye. Ballast is a very fun person to play with in MP indeed. We play a lot.
And Nathan, Where is the EECV terminal? You usually do a lot of fun stuff so I am going to try that seomtime. Could you post me a pic of your map of the EECV terminal?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 21:34:58 by Firestar »

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 01:17:14 »

I always used to select vermaas in Marseille, but I think I've managed to dock her about 6 times or so, if the game doesn't crash then somebody would ram me

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

Nathan|C

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 09:46:39 »

Aye. Ballast is a very fun person to play with in MP indeed. We play a lot.
And Nathan, Where is the EECV terminal? You usually do a lot of fun stuff so I am going to try that seomtime. Could you post me a pic of your map of the EECV terminal?

The EECV Terminal is the most westernly spawnpoint in the Port of Rotterdam map. The Beneluxhaven and P&O Terminal is located just to the South East of the spawnpoint.

firestar12

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 16:27:08 »

The EECV Terminal is the most westernly spawnpoint in the Port of Rotterdam map. The Beneluxhaven and P&O Terminal is located just to the South East of the spawnpoint.
I think that MP would be a lot more fun if VSTEP added bollards that you could use at places like Beneluxhaven. Because then I can't dock anywhere.

Nathan|C

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 18:20:00 »

VSTEP have already said that the bollards cannot be added due to technical problems. They'd probably cause a lot of lag and pressure operating systems if there were too many.

Have you found the Beneluxhaven?

firestar12

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 18:21:15 »

VSTEP have already said that the bollards cannot be added due to technical problems. They'd probably cause a lot of lag and pressure operating systems if there were too many.

Have you found the Beneluxhaven?
Ahh yes, I knew what you were talking about as soon as I checked my SS08. I am really good at docking the PoR there!

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 20:47:52 »

I usually just take Titanic out for a spin in the Atlantic, her natural habitat ;D

firestar12

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 20:49:33 »

I usually just take Titanic out for a spin in the Atlantic, her natural habitat ;D
No surprise there.  ;D

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 20:50:08 »

More like her natural death wish. Your like a gravedigger. :P

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 02:16:22 »

Not in freeroam, where there is nothing out there!

Loudspeaker

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 16:23:25 »

Tell me, are the players on MP really serious about cooperating as in real ports, or is it just a bunch of kids having fun with ramming you?

firestar12

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 16:25:23 »

Tell me, are the players on MP really serious about cooperating as in real ports, or is it just a bunch of kids having fun with ramming you?
Well, thats a very good question Loudspeaker. It seems there are both.

Loudspeaker

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 16:39:06 »

Well, thats a very good question Loudspeaker. It seems there are both.
Well, I would like to try it someday, but as it is, I am only connected to the internet with my laptop, so It may take a while, untill I get to try it. I just wanted to know if it was worth the effort.

Is it possiple to create a server specially for the serious players on this forum, where you would need to aquire a password to join? Then the members could agree wich ones to play the tugs and wich ones to play the bigger ships. We could even create a Port Control, which you have to contact in order to have a pilot and to guide the tug-captains wich ships are awaiting their services.

firestar12

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 16:49:34 »

Well, I would like to try it someday, but as it is, I am only connected to the internet with my laptop, so It may take a while, untill I get to try it. I just wanted to know if it was worth the effort.

Is it possiple to create a server specially for the serious players on this forum, where you would need to aquire a password to join? Then the members could agree wich ones to play the tugs and wich ones to play the bigger ships. We could even create a Port Control, which you have to contact in order to have a pilot and to guide the tug-captains wich ships are awaiting their services.
Well, No about the password thing. But you yourself can create a server if you download the thing. You can agree who plays the tug and that. You can ban the members if you are the server admin. Will post a link to the server App. later. I wouldn't suggest playing while hosting the server. It takes a lot of your computers power to do so. Alright, I found it. the first thing at the top of this page.
http://shipsim.com/downloads/patches.php
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 16:51:12 by Firestar »

Loudspeaker

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 16:55:41 »

Thanks Firestar!  :thumbs:

firestar12

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2009, 16:58:30 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines