Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 17:16:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Throttle and steering keep going back to nuetral?  (Read 898 times)

pbman657

• Forum member
Throttle and steering keep going back to nuetral?
« on: February 04, 2009, 17:59:04 »

I looked this up in the manual and it says the larger ships will keep the throttle, and steering in the same position you left them until you correct them again, and i tried this ingame with all the large ships (titanic, cargo, pride of rotterdam, etc.) and all went back to nuetral as soon as i let go of the arrow key unless i held them down then switches to the 3rd view where they would stay.....any help?

thanks,

t.c.

on a sidenote thats unrelated, i currently have the v.1.4.2 in my program files section on my hardrive, where do i need to place it in the shipsim2008 folder?

Nathan|C

Re: Throttle and steering keep going back to nuetral?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 18:06:45 »

If you go into Settings while in game, and click "Controls" there is a box marked "Precision Steering". If you tick this the controls will keep the same position until you double click on them.

jim.smith

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 18:39:30 »

HI pbman. Welcome,the other alternative is to purchase a joystick,you can then programme all the controls into the joystick.You will find it a lot easier than the keyboard.

TerryRussell

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 19:41:30 »

on a sidenote thats unrelated, i currently have the v.1.4.2 in my program files section on my hardrive, where do i need to place it in the shipsim2008 folder?

If you mean that you downloaded the upgrade patch,then you need to run the file. It will then install the updates for you.

But before you do that, start Ship Simulator and see if it shows "build 1038" in the lower left of the opening menu. If it does, you alreayd have V1.4.2 installed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines