Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 07:04:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are the Icebergs?  (Read 4270 times)

fishlikelong

• Forum member
Where are the Icebergs?
« on: July 25, 2007, 22:18:05 »

I went onto free roaming mode and selected the Titanic and the North Atlantic (Naturally). I headed due west and went all the way across, not seeing a single iceberg at all.

Are they just random or is it a certain time of the year you have to select?

Stuart2007

• Forum member
Re: Where are the Icebergs?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 23:32:11 »

Don't quote me on this but I think they are only in missions, not in free roam mode. Not tried that area, so not 100% certain.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Orinoco

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 23:53:08 »

Don't quote me on this but I think they are only in missions, not in free roam mode. Not tried that area, so not 100% certain.

Stu

I believe this to be correct. Hopefully we can make our own missions with them in.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 08:49:03 »

so far only in one mission with the titanic  ;)

fishlikelong

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 13:08:24 »

*sigh* shame. The titanic is far too slow to get out of the dock on that mission. Took 10 mins for it to actually look like it was moving a little. I hope they fix that.

Ah well, i'll go on it when I have loads of time

bowie

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 20:32:57 »

has anyone actually noticed that the icebergs look really dodgy? i mean you look at the titanic on the screen and the water and they are really well made graphically, then you see an iceberg and its like.....rite. i'v never seen an iceberg with my own eyes whilst at sea but i'm pretty sure they dont look like they do on the game ???

saken41

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 20:47:49 »

You will be able to add icebergs in the mission editor ;), hopefully, the mission editor is coming along with the 1.1 patch, released on friday :D!

Orinoco

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 20:52:38 »

*sigh* shame. The titanic is far too slow to get out of the dock on that mission. Took 10 mins for it to actually look like it was moving a little. I hope they fix that.

Ah well, i'll go on it when I have loads of time

It took me a little under an hour to get out of the Solent and into the Atlantic area...

lx585x

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 13:37:03 »

guys my friend has bought ss08 and he starts that titanic mission and there is no titanic there and it is in the shallow waters so u can't even move it does this happen to you aswell?  ???  ???

Orinoco

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 14:36:30 »

guys my friend has bought ss08 and he starts that titanic mission and there is no titanic there and it is in the shallow waters so u can't even move it does this happen to you aswell?  ???  ???

It has been known to happen. Tried a re-load of the game? Is his computer spec above the minimum?

lx585x

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 16:02:51 »

his computer is high above them the game runs great but the titanic doesn't appear on the screen and even it would appear it would be in shallow waters and is no way to get it out of there...

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 20:08:02 »

Try and reload the game again. By this I mean exit and restart the game. Remember to always reboot your computer after installing programs.

Cheers,
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Tom91

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2007, 00:13:21 »

Although my game played fine on minimum spec everything and below spec graphics card (FX5500) titanic's performance was always poor and was slower than 06 to turn and accelerate.Then i upgraded to 7600gs card and she's alot quicker in all apescts which shouldnt be the case but is!?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 00:15:52 by Tom91 »

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2007, 00:23:50 »

Although my game played fine on minimum spec everything and below spec graphics card (FX5500) titanic's performance was always poor and was slower than 06 to turn and accelerate.Then i upgraded to 7600gs card and she's alot quicker in all apescts which shouldnt be the case but is!?

I think what's happened is your new graphics card sees the physics of games a lot differently. Either that or the FPS has increased. I know you can get cards that improve the 'realism' of games but they cost rather a lot of money  :-\
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 13:40:57 »

Please remember that technical support questions need to be discussed in the appropriate area. Thanks.
Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

barrown1990

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 16:43:04 »

icebergs apear in missions only. you can create missions that have icebergs in mission editor, as they apear in the static objects 8)
"take her to sea m murdoch. lets strech her legs!"

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 16:46:59 »

This topic is over three years old  :o

No need to resserect Bring it back to life

mvsmith

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 18:49:48 »

Icebergs are also AI objects in 2008. Many of the bergs in T2 are moving. Occasionally they will even roll over to become blue bergs.

Barrown1990, please check the dates on topics before you reply. Very old topics should be allowed to rest in peace.

freeciv

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 19:22:22 »

Icebergs are also AI objects in 2008. Many of the bergs in T2 are moving. Occasionally they will even roll over to become blue bergs.

That was very annoying...
Gone fishing            Thanks pdpx7 for the great sig!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines