Hello Guest July 27, 2024, 05:26:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Directions in Free Roaming  (Read 2589 times)

alazose

• Forum member
Need Directions in Free Roaming
« on: July 25, 2007, 15:47:06 »

Are the oil rig, container crane, and Portsmouth Spinnaker Tower accessible from within Free Roaming mode, or are they accessible only within the Missions?  If they are accessible within Free Roaming, can anyone provide specific directions?

chouby-20

• Forum member
Re: Need Directions in Free Roaming
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 18:55:55 »

just in mission ;)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 23:34:06 »

The Spinnaker tower is part of the fixed scenery and is available in free roam...

To find it? Err... it's at the harbour mouth of Portsmouth. Afraid you'll just have to look for it based on where the game spawns you at the start. Not too hard to find.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

alazose

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 19:59:54 »

If, in a Free Roaming session, my slow tugboat (top speed = 5 knots) is "spawned" randomly at the opposite end of the Solent from Portsmouth,

1.  How do I find it if the chart doesn't include it, and

2.  How long would it take to get there once I determined the proper direction?

I guess the only solution is to wait for Customized Missions so I can place my boat in front of the Spinnaker Tower.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 22:55:45 »

Basically, head south down the solent and turn left before the IoW and then left again. You can't miss it.

The real world gps co ordinates are wrong in the game, so I'm told, so it's not worth telling them. When I next get on that computer I will try it and see the co ords for you.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines