Hello Guest October 06, 2024, 21:27:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apple Mac  (Read 2510 times)

tom_baker1709

• Forum member
Apple Mac
« on: January 14, 2009, 18:35:41 »

Hi all,
       I don't think ship simulator works on apple mac, but does anyone know wheather ship sim 2009 will?
Thanks
Tom

Gloat

• Forum member
Re: Apple Mac
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 18:37:38 »

Operating system:
 Windows 2000, XP or Vista

does that prove it doesnt work on mac?

Always read the lable before purchase - in this case, the minimum specs.

2010 will probably be the same - but who am I to judge?

Come and join us at the ship sim wiki! www.shipsimulator.wikia.com
Head Aministrator at Ship Simulator wiki.

tom_baker1709

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 18:39:29 »

Well I think it would be a good idea. as the gaming facilities on the new apple macs are mind blowing

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 18:56:32 »

which probably means, that, if Vstep are half throgh the game and have made the regular specs and are developing a game which will only be avilable on the specs provided, they will to start again. Personally, I don't care about macs, microsoft is better (for me)

Come and join us at the ship sim wiki! www.shipsimulator.wikia.com
Head Aministrator at Ship Simulator wiki.

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 19:15:12 »

Isn't there something called boot camp for macs? that makes you be able to have windows?

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 19:16:32 »

Actually..

Shipsim CAN work on some macs, but AFAIK only the intel based ones, iMac, Macbook...

Then you need to have bootcamp and thus a dual boot system with Windows XP installed on it.. and then it works.  :)

Altough it's not meant for Macs as such, if you can run windows on your mac, you can run SS08, or SS10 for that matter.

It was discused a number of times too.. I suggest a search.. the search option is your friend.  :laugh:

Fred
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 19:18:09 by Mad_Fred »

TerryRussell

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 19:59:40 »

Although it may work OK under the Windows Emulations and under Boot Camp, inevitably there will be some unexpected wierdness in some aspect of Ship Simulator's behaviour.

In that case, it's unlikely that we can do much to help, although posting a question in Small Talk may get an answer for one of the tiny number of persons who have tried the same thing (that number may be so tiny as to be zero).

But you will be largely on your own, I suspect.

Good luck!

griffter

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 12:56:04 »

I am running SS08 on a Intel Macbook Pro with Windows XP running under a virtual machine,

It is quite slow at present but I think I can tweak the shared memory to speed things up.

SS06 was very fast with the same setup!

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 14:00:36 »

I agree with everyone it MAY work but I imagine it will be slow you may be able to tweak it a bit but thats it I mean come on it IS a mac ;)
Oh and griffter welcome to the forum!!

Thanks TJK!
Intel Core i7 930@ 2.8GHz, 12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2 Win

TerryRussell

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 14:46:37 »

Hi Grifter and welcome.

If you want to post any useful hints and tips in this thread, please do. Then hopefully any other MAC users following the same path can learn from your experiences  :thumbs:

Goldens2

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 21:45:14 »

I've found that the ship sim trial works great using Boot Camp on my MacBook Pro. However, using VMware Fusion it has quite a few bugs (The rain defies gravity, AI ships don't seem to render properly, etc....) it is also noticeably slower. It would be great if V-Step made a Mac version of Shipsim, but it requires re-writing alot of code, and the user base isn't as large so it may not be worth (Financially) writing a Mac native version. Hopes this helps!

~Jake
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
                 ~Wayne Gretzky

This applies to Photography too!

umontu

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 21:47:38 »

Well I think it would be a good idea. as the gaming facilities on the new apple macs are mind blowing
I should know I have one

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 00:30:17 »

They have to make a extra game with Apple files, and that will cost much more than to just releas it to Windows, and Apple are not a populary OS for games... Use Bootcamp :P
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,10335.250.html

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 21:14:46 »

I have one Thing to say about this whole topic!

But Then Again... :lol:

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

(http://www.userbars.com)
www.llamalord

umontu

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2009, 23:42:14 »

Not that I'm a fan boy, but seriously using osx has in all honesty been a complete and total pleasure, last year I had to use a college mac for all my work that was an ibook from 2001 it was slighty upgraded, it was still quicker and overheated less than my dads dell that was from 2004.

bbydino05

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 01:03:14 »

Not that I'm a fan boy, but seriously using osx has in all honesty been a complete and total pleasure, last year I had to use a college mac for all my work that was an ibook from 2001 it was slighty upgraded, it was still quicker and overheated less than my dads dell that was from 2004.
again ever since i got my macbook pro i loved it the only time i go to my pc desktop is when i want to play either shipsim or any other games otherwise im using my macbook pro. It suits me and really the price is a bargain cause you get every needed program with that one cost see for example when i bought the desktop it was only suppose to be a thousand then after all teh upgrades that dont even meet the macbook pros i ended up paying 3600 us dollars.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines