Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 01:53:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mission upload  (Read 3713 times)

Esprit350

• Forum member
Mission upload
« on: January 07, 2009, 13:03:20 »

Hi all,
Hope I got the right forum!!

I just uploaded a custom mission - it said it uploaded ok but my profile says "no custom missions uploaded".

Does it take a while for the profile to update?

Cheers,
Paul.
If in front, you see red and green... take a chance and go between!!!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: Mission upload
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 15:12:17 »

Hello Paul,

I'm not sure why, but that particular part of the profile does not seem to function as it should. No one has any missions in that list, regardless of how many they have uploaded. It has been 'broken' from the start.

But you'll be informed about the mission once the CMM's have tested it. They will let you know if it is accepted or not, and if not, why. They will offer advice or help if needed, in case of a flaw or bug.

Regards,
Fred

Esprit350

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 15:33:25 »

:) Phew - thanks Fred.  After all that work I thought it may have then got lost or something.
I have been working on the mission for a week or so, on and off, as it was the first I have done but I didn't want it to be too simple.  I wanted a bit of a challenge.

I was in touch with one of the CMM's before Chrsitmas and he said to let him know when it was uploaded, which I have done, so hopefully the CMM's will like it.

MVSMITH's tutorial for the editor is very good - as it was almost impossible to suss it all out without help!

Paul.

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 16:17:09 »

Hi Paul,
Your mission is on the CMM’s upload list. I’ve downloaded it and examined it in the editor for anything that might give players trouble. Except for intersecting AI paths, which potentially can give trouble on some systems, it is a well constructed mission from a technical standpoint. After at least two CMMs have completed it, you should get a PM to that effect and find it in the Play > Custom missions list.
You have learned well, Grasshopper!
Regards,
Marty

Esprit350

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 17:22:12 »

Thanks Marty.  I've seen AI cross the intersecting paths but they haven't caused problems... yet :).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines