Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 01:28:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Simulator 2010  (Read 33547 times)

Tomaten

• Custom Mission Managers
Re: Ship Simulator 2010
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 19:39:44 »

I think you are right fred, as always  ;D
We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!
Also known as Tomaten 2006 from the old Ship Simulator 2006 forum.[/c

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 20:21:13 »

Hehe.. I think you must only have read a small percentage of my posts then....  ;D

TerryRussell

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2008, 23:59:43 »

That many?

Heh heh...

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2008, 00:05:18 »

Ouch..  ;D

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2008, 00:29:52 »

I should be able to tell when release nears, as Jason De Donno releases posts with pre-release Titanic pictures some time before the release on the Titanic Research & Modeling Association forum. At least, it seems that's what he did for Ship Simulator 2006 and 2007 (2008).

At one point, he even called the game "Titanic Simulator" in the topic of one of his threads!

I guess that "After all, it's Ship Simulator, not Titanic Simulator" comment people keep giving me is false, huh? ;D :P

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2008, 00:33:50 »

Everyone is able to tell when the release nears, as VSTEP will have announced it by then. Before that, everyone involved in the creation process, and testing, and so on, are not to reveal any information other than what VSTEP gives the green light for.

Of course Jason can post about his own work at any time he chooses, untill it's vstep property, I bet, but even then a finished model does not make a finished game.

And no, that comment is not false, Jason was just having a laugh with you people..

Fred

« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 00:36:19 by Mad_Fred »

TerryRussell

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2008, 00:47:06 »

So. It's false that the false comment was not false, then?

Of course, Fred may know the exact moment at which Ship Simulator 2027 will be released. But he may not be able to hint at that information until he gets the green light from someone he can't even hint that he knows about.

Get the hint?

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2008, 01:14:43 »

TerryRussell

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2008, 01:24:34 »

Hi very first sentence in his very first post says:
"Here are a couple of promotional renderings of the up and coming Titanic featured in the german Schiff Simulator."

You can read the thread title a couple of different ways.

But the modeller who produced the Titanic vessel is NOT the arbiter of when the simulator will be released. That role lives inside Vstep. There are many people involved in the development who may have a better idea, since they are involved in spects that the vessel models need in order to work properly. People such as the ships dynamics engineers, the buoyage team, the programmers, the... and so it goes on.

What makes you think that Titanic is even in SS2010/11/12? Not saying it isn't but I'm not saying that I'm not saying that it isn't, either.

Hope all this information doesn't not help.  ;D

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2008, 01:38:32 »

If Titainic wasn't going to be in the next SS, he surely would've posted that news by now!

I can hardly wait for his next tiopic on the TRMA! It will most certainly be a major new development in the SS09 Titanic model! ;D If not, then the announcement of SS09's international release :P

Chrystine

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2008, 01:50:04 »

“Alas, I think that was a bit too optimistic, with hindsight. In reality, it will be more like Q3, maybe even Q4, I suspect.”
  ~ Fred

With some hope of not rupturing any illusions which may entertain with respect to my actual age, I can say that even Q4 really isn’t all that far away either…  ;)

As the sage-frog says – Time’s fun when you’re having flies!

Best regards,
  Chrystine

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2008, 02:19:29 »

If Titainic wasn't going to be in the next SS, he surely would've posted that news by now!

I can hardly wait for his next tiopic on the TRMA! It will most certainly be a major new development in the SS09 Titanic model! ;D If not, then the announcement of SS09's international release :P

What makes you think he has permission to post about it at all? At this point in the development of SS10, VSTEP does not want any information spread around by any of the people involved, I am sure. And if Jason announces anything, then it will be with VSTEP's permission, or he'll break the rules, and he won't do that, I bet. And once he gets a green light to do that, VSTEP will have announced it to the rest of the world aswell. It's not like your in a special little group that gets to know stuff before the rest does, not unless rules are broken.  :P

And Chrystine, very well said!   ;D  ;D

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2008, 02:43:31 »

So you think that he jumps the gun when he says "ship simulator NOW available", plus links to the main site where people could go to buy it..?

That's a bit late to be called and easly announcement... that's after the fact.. and he can talk about his work.. Goax talked about his pushboat too, made several topics about it on this forum. That's their own work, that's ok.

And the same goes for his SS08 announcement, it was allready out when he said that.. So how would you be able to tell if release is near, if he announces it after the fact? That was just nonesense then..  :-\

Fred

TerryRussell

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2008, 03:02:57 »

Now Fred, don't let facts cloud the illusion/delusion! I guess that if Mr Absolutely Huge Ship wants to believe that the person who creates the Titanic model is actually responsible for authorising the release of Ship Simulator, then no amount of facts will dispell that faith.  ;)

Chrystine, when you reach my age, decades seem like hours... You are nowt but a kitten, next to me ;D Angus can of course traverse the galaxy in what seems like seconds from his viewpoint. (Oh-oh. Ihope he doesn't see this!)

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2008, 03:08:27 »

I was saying that rules were not broken.

What makes you think he has permission to post about it at all? At this point in the development of SS10, VSTEP does not want any information spread around by any of the people involved, I am sure. And if Jason announces anything, then it will be with VSTEP's permission, or he'll break the rules, and he won't do that, I bet. And once he gets a green light to do that, VSTEP will have announced it to the rest of the world aswell. It's not like your in a special little group that gets to know stuff before the rest does, not unless rules are broken:P

And Chrystine, very well said!   ;D  ;D

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2008, 03:28:15 »

I was saying that rules were not broken.

Well, no you weren't, read your own words. 

But that's not the point. You said that you expected some early announcements, about titanic, or even the release of the game. You were stating nonesense in an attempt to look like you have some insider information on when the game is going to be released. But in fact no announcement was ever made that wasn't allready made by VSTEP.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2008, 03:55:18 »

Well, it DOES seem I recalled incorrectly, but I still DO enjoy the sneak peaks at Titanic I'll be getting ;D

NIN

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2008, 03:56:21 »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2008, 04:22:15 »

but I still DO enjoy the sneak peaks at Titanic I'll be getting ;D

Yep me too!  ;D

Chrystine

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2008, 05:36:55 »

“And Chrystine, very well said!”

Thanks Fred! :)

â€œChrystine, when you reach my age, decades seem like hours... You are nowt but a kitten, next to me  Angus can of course traverse the galaxy in what seems like seconds from his viewpoint.”

LoL! :D

Ohhhh my, Terry..!
  That’s just cute!

&nd here I was thinking I’m older than stardust…
  Please pardon my doubling the chances of Angus seeing your flattery, but should it start going to his head, we might perhaps remind him the Galaxy is after-all not so big in the grand scheme of things …

;)

Best, as ever,
  Chrystine

TerryRussell

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2008, 09:36:51 »

&nd here I was thinking I’m older than stardust…

Which is strange when you come to think about it, since every atom insde you that is heavier than Lithium actually came from an exploding star, somewhere or other in this galaxy.

Chrystine

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2008, 12:20:03 »

:)

Yep!  ..Very old indeed…  (From the cosmologically very young Universe).
  Although I’m not at all sure of necessity from ‘this galaxy.’  Could as well have been from Super Nova’s that far antedate our little Milky Way – and by and from which it is itself composed.
  Not that we can know with any certainty either way… But it wasn’t yesterday.

Best regards,
  Chrystine

P.S.  A nice artistic rendering of our lovely galaxy, including a decent view of our tiny little neighborhood on the Perseus spur.
  Please pardon me for one so off topic to the Forum.  I just couldn’t resist.  It's so pretty!

:)

TerryRussell

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2008, 00:13:09 »

Does somone know what kind of new vessels wil come? :D

Yes.  :laugh:

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2008, 00:14:51 »

Good answer Terry!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up