Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 03:08:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: no missions  (Read 4476 times)

adamj

• Forum member
no missions
« on: November 24, 2008, 23:11:53 »

when i downloaded the sim the charts wouldnt come up at all,  now i downloaded the patch and that works but all my misions are gone?   is there a simple fix or something im overlooking?

adamj

• Forum member
Re: no missions
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 04:59:13 »

zero support, zero fun, ive played plenty of other sims in my day and i must say this is the worst one Ive ever dealt with. having to enter a license key to get tech support?  thats a joke. i downloaded my version from yahoo games and i didnt get one, so i guess i dont get any support either. this place sucks im out

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 06:36:27 »

Not familiar with license/product keys even though you've dealt with many sims...  That's odd, I have a cupboard full of games and sims and been a part of many many forums where this is SOP.

I don't know much about yahoo games, but if you somehow got a title somewhere without a proper license key, then you've most likely not got a legal version on your hands. You might even be aware of this, in which case the above would be very rude even.

But I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt, though.

If you have a decent and working install of the game, you should not lose any missions when you update the game. Perhaps your install was corrupted, and a fresh install might help.

Sometimes posts get overlooked in busy periods, and the SS06 board is not a busy place anymore. So if we done you wrong, then sorry, but we're only human, and volunteers, might I add.

But your attitude is uncalled for. If you can produce a license key, something that everyone with a legal copy should be able to do, you get acces to all the boards. And as such, in technical support your problem would have stood out much more, and might have been noticed.

So don't blame us for your failure to perform a simple task, please.

Cheers!

Fred

TerryRussell

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 07:50:54 »

Hi.

To get support, you have to post your question in the Technical Support area. If you don't have a license key, contact the organisation that sold you the game and get a replacement or a refund, as they didn't supply the correct thing.

You definitely didn't download Ship Simulator from Yahoo Games. I checked with their technical department and they confirmed that they have never sold the product.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 01:15:15 by TerryRussell »

adamj

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 00:17:18 »

http://www.trygames.com/section/aff=t_25su/page=3/genre=7

http://www.trygames.com/game/aff=t_25su/vid=c97c2d40e5145dfefa41d79440a0000d

theres the link to where yahoo games on demand. as you can see ship sim 06 is there, and thats where i downloaded it from. all i wanted to know was if there was a directory in the game that pulls the missions from another file.  when i downloaded the game it used active mark certification, i used my email address as the certification password, as per th instructions i recieved.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 00:23:40 by adamj »

TerryRussell

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 01:14:30 »

So you got it from Trygames.com, not Yahoo.

I guess you have the free demo version, not the paid for version. So far as I know, you can't update a demo version.

adamj

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 17:59:00 »

it is the paid for version and i have already corrected the problem thanks for the non help *****. with active mark certification the full game downloads when you download the free trial. when you buy it you enter your code and it unlocks the game to be played for more than 1 hour.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 18:05:10 by Mad_Fred »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 18:02:47 »

That kind of language is totally unacceptable, you are hereby banned for a week, come back with a better attitude and don't call people names next time, or it will become a permanent ban!!

TerryRussell

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 18:28:37 »

Adamj:

I've never heard of this site trygames.com before now, nor of this method of unlocking missions. But I'm just a volunteer, trying my best to answer questions and do what I can to help people fix their own problems.

Sometimes, like in this one, I have to ask lots of questions to try to find out what's going on.

Sorry it wasn't fast enough, but as I am a set of red asterisks, next time you want help, I'll walk straight past.

adamj

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 01:11:01 »

trygames.com is yahoo games on demand.   after messing with this game i wonder why i wasted my time downloading it to begin with. theres not much to it as far as i can tell

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 01:20:29 »

Yes, it does take a certain type of person to like this game, it's not just for any gamer, the majority or people have a nautical background or a love of the subject. And there's a lot too it, but you can't really tell unless you've tried it all and start creating missions, and such.

Well, no use crying over spillt milk I guess. Good luck on your future endeavours, and may the force be with you!

Regards,
Fred

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines