Hello Guest September 21, 2024, 12:54:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: shipsim2008 pro  (Read 1994 times)

percythrower

• Forum member
shipsim2008 pro
« on: November 12, 2008, 13:06:36 »

hi anyone tell me about shipsim pro what difference to horizons or shipsip2008 has it got new ships and new enviroments  is it for playing on  domestic computer what differece and how it cost
                                                                                                               thank you ;D

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: shipsim2008 pro
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 14:57:29 »

Hi precythrower,

Ship Simulator Professional is not really intended for home-computer use, but is - as the title suggest - made for professional use.

It is not really meant to be a 'game' like SS08+NH is, it's meant for training purposes, or demonstrations, in the maritime sector. Schools can use it to educate the students, companies can use it to demonstrate what they do, to potential customers, things like that. It has the same contents, ship and environment wise, that SS08+NH has.

It's made to be used in combination with a variety of navigational software and/or equipment aswell, so unless you have thousands of Dollars/Pounds/Euro's worth of equipment, it's not really of that much use (at that cost).

As it's a very expensive piece of software compared to the game version too.

But you can find the rest of the info right here on the main website; http://www.shipsim.com/products/ship+simulator+2008+professional.php

If you have the money and the desire, plus a decent enough pc, you can of course always use it at home, but that's upto you of course.  :)

Hope that answers your questions,

Regards,
Fred

emanhu

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 18:49:19 »

any update of when it will be release ?

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 18:58:08 »

I haven't got a specific date, but it's in the regions of 'soon', 'any time now' and 'right around the corner', I think.  :)

VSTEP will make the necessary announcements I would say, as usual. Keep an eye on the main site, and the forum. It'll come up in due time.

Regards,
Fred

Nathan|C

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 19:29:26 »

any update of when it will be release ?

Have you got €2000!?

mvsmith

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 21:06:04 »

Fred is really waffling on this one. I can positively narrow it down to ’any time now’.
As with the dog chasing a car, I have to ask: What are you going to do with it after you get it?
It has very little of use to most simmers that won’t find its way into SS 2010.

percythrower

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 21:25:08 »

thanks fred for your answer and time i was just curiose it looks good
                                                cheers percythrower

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 21:28:15 »

My pleasure!

It does look good indeed, and a nice glimpse into the game's future.  ;D

And Marty;  ;D  ;D

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 22:26:38 »

Have you got €2000!?

That price is included the panel!?

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 22:28:49 »

I don't think so. I think that price is the software.

TerryRussell

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 00:34:12 »

Having seen it in its latest stages on the Developer's systems at Vstep on Monday when we discussed other possible features, the multiscreen system would be fantastic. However, I would estimate that the hardware and software might set you back 6,000 -8,000 Euros, easily. Perhaps more.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 10:27:44 »

lol..professional use :D

Maybe it's intended for "money use" instead ;D

If I win in lottery I can use it for "professional use"..lol..have it in my garage or something (throw out the car) :D :D

(sorry..I cud not resist) ;D

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 10:34:40 »

Uhm.. 'professional use' was in no way meant as some kind of joke, mate.

Shipsim 2008 maybe be a simulation GAME, but don't forget that VSTEP allready made dozens of simulators for businesses and government departments and so on. Professional software, not intended for gaming. That's a very big part of their business. But not everyone realises this.

Shipsim Pro is meant for educational institutes, businesses, etc. Professionals, as opposed to Gamers.

And the money aspect, well yeah, of course a company wants to make money, but I think VSTEP can actually deliver a really good product to companies or institutes that do not have tens- or maybe hundreds of thousands of Euro's to spend, and give them a great tool for 'just' thousands.  ;D

Fred
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 10:36:56 by Mad_Fred »

TerryRussell

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 18:21:19 »

In the scheme of things, that is a very good price for a comprehensive simulator, upon which people can be trained and so on. It may seem high for an individual user, but it a tiny fraction of the costs of running a training vessel.

emanhu

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 01:10:44 »

Hey !

Yes I do have the $$$ for it ! and I'm in the process to create my room Simulator room at home I work alreayd with 3 HD projector as screen and looking forward to get the Pro Software and see how much is the hardware also!

In case you didnt know.... I'm a navigation officer

Cheers !

Nathan|C

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 16:54:58 »

Hey !

Yes I do have the $$$ for it ! and I'm in the process to create my room Simulator room at home I work alreayd with 3 HD projector as screen and looking forward to get the Pro Software and see how much is the hardware also!

In case you didnt know.... I'm a navigation officer

Cheers !

Well i'm sure you'll find it very useful then! You can tailor the ships to the exact Dynamics you wish, so the options are quite wide...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines