Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 14:29:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Newton.dll!!!  (Read 17461 times)

sturmfahrt

• Global Moderator
Re: Newton.dll!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 20:44:53 »

Hallo david16g,

bitte poste einmal deine dxdiag.
Jemand vom Fach wird sich das mal ansehen und hoffentlich Hilfe für Dich / Euch finden.

Gruss

Sturmfahrt
Wissen ist Macht, ich weis nix, macht nix

TerryRussell

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2009, 22:47:46 »

Good evening.

Sorry that this is in English but I don't know enough German to make a post that would be in any way useful!

Newton.dll is involved in the calculation of ship positions within the game (and some other functions).

Sometimes with non-Vstep MP servers, the owner of the serve may have misconfigured it. If they have too many environments running or if they allow too many people on the server, or if they have changed some of the underling configuration, then some people will find that their PC will crash when they connect.

The only thing you can do is to let the server owner know. I am currently working with some of them to hlp set them up correctly.

There is also a problem with some ATI video cards. You may need to try installing a different version of the video driver. Sometimes an older version will work better. It varies from PC to PC.

Does this help with any of the above?

I will look at the DXdiag report when it is posted, of course.

Kenter-Colja

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 13:09:37 »

Hello Terry

http://www.computerleben.net/artikel/DxDiagtxt_erstellen-200.html

I felt free to translate your post.  :)

Best regards
Colja  8)

---------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------

Guten Abend.

Entschuldigt, dass ich auf Englisch schreibe, aber ich kann nicht genug Deutsch um einen hilfreichen Post zu schreiben.

Die Newton.dll berechnet die Schiffspositionen im Spiel und übernimmt noch einige andere Funktionen.

Manchmal ist es bei Nicht-VSTEP Servern so, dass der Besitzer des Servers ihn so konfiguriert hat, dass es zu Problemen kommt.
So zum Beispiel wenn er zu viele Umgebungen laufen hat oder zu viele User auf seinen Server lässt.

Das trägt dazu bei, dass bei manchen Nutzern der PC abstürzt etc. , wenn sie eine Verbindung mit diesen Servern herstellen.

Das einzige was Du machen kannst ist dem Serverbesitzer Bescheid zu geben. Ich (Terry) arbeite gerade mit Einigen zusammen, um die Probleme durch eine bessere Serverkonfiguration zu lösen.

Doch es gibt auch ein Problem mit einigen ATI Grafikkarten. In diesem Fall musst Du versuchen eine andere Version des Grafikkartentreibers zu installieren.
Eventuell funktioniert es sogar mit einer älteren Version besser. Das variert von PC zu PC.

Helfen meine Erläuterungen bei den Problem weiter?

Wenn Du die DXdiag postest, werde ich dort natürlich reinschauen und hoffentlich das Problem finden.

=> Link zum DXdiag Erstellen
Spuckste nach Lee, geht's inne See.
Spuckste nach Luv, kommt's wieder ruuf.

TerryRussell

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 16:17:12 »

Many thanks!

joni15

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 16:34:07 »

[Ãœbersetzung] Vielen Dank! [/Ãœbersetzung]  :laugh:

Gruß Jonas

david16g

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2009, 18:00:09 »

Danke für die Ãœbersetzung, wäre aber nicht nötig gewesen.  ;)

Im Anhang ist mein DxDiag. Ich hoffe jemand kann das Problem finden.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

David G.

david16g

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2009, 20:31:25 »

Das Problem ist wahrscheinlich nur im Multiplayer auf Marseille-Server.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem is probably only in the Multiplayer on Marseille-Server.

I hope you can read my english.

TerryRussell

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2009, 21:38:52 »

I certainly can, thank you. And my translating software can, as well.

The Marsielles environment is the most demanding one. It contains a lot of objects and needs a lot of RAM.

If this is a user server that is causing the problems, then you should contact them and ask them to reduce the number of different environments they are running, or reduce the number of players in each environment. If those are set too high, it will cause crashes.

Looking at your DXdiag, although it seems that you have enough RAM
Memory: 3326MB RAM
you don't. Your video card is taking 1.4Gb from Windows.
Shared Memory: 1406 MB

So, you actually only have 3.326 - 1.406 = 1.920Gb. Vista needs at least 2Gb to run Ship Simulator, of course.

Normally this won't cause too many problems (the occasional crash, perhaps). But MP needs a lot of memory. Marseilles requires the full amount.

Things that might help:
Rebbot your PC before you start Ship SImulator and then go straight into Mp
Switch off all other programs before you start.

Sometimes, the order in which you installed the updates for Ship Simulator can cause problems. I have produced a flowchart that shows the correct order.
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,7737.msg111980.html#msg111980

Reinstall Ship Simualtor following the appropriate path. No need to uninstall and your settings should be preserved.

david16g

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2009, 22:20:03 »

Thanks, TerryRussell!

I have 4GB RAM in my computer. I cant get more in.

I am going to follow your flowchart and i close then programms before i start the computer.

I tell you then what happen.

(This are the servers from HollandGlorie. I tell them the problem then, too.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Upgrade Path have problems. I installed the original version of ShipSimulator 2008, but i can`t install Furie and Elbe on version 1.0. I have to have the version 1.4.2 or newer. What now?

(My Upgrade path: original version -> New Horizont -> version check -> "1.3->1.4.2 patch" -> ambx patch -> "1.3->1.4.2 patch" -> all other)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 22:47:22 by david16g »

david16g

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2009, 22:46:30 »

I think it is the RAM. When I start the ShipSim then I can look how the RAM is will be smaller and smaller.

When I go on the map, then zero.

I do now put in my USB-Stick, because he has ReadyBoost and then my computer has 1GB more RAM.

Will I have to buy me a new and better Graphiccard with more RAM, then my RAM from the computer is not so busy.

Is that correct?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 22:54:42 by david16g »

TerryRussell

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2009, 22:54:09 »

Your Upgrade Path have problems. I installed the original version of ShipSimulator 2008, but i can`t install Furie and Elbe on version 1.0. I have to have the version 1.4.2 or newer. What now?

I think you have the new Shipyard version of Elbe and Furie. The flowchart means the old Dutch version to be installed on V1.0.

Install the new Shipyard version after you reach V1.4.2, at the point where the flowchart says "Add-on ships".

david16g

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2009, 22:55:21 »

Read over your post, please.

TerryRussell

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2009, 22:58:27 »

I would advise you to wait for a while.

An updated version of the server software is being worked on by Vstep, I believe. It would be a waste for you to buy a new card, only to find that an updated server will work with the old one.

david16g

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2009, 23:01:20 »

Ok. Then I will wait a while.

david16g

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2009, 23:08:07 »

I`ve just maked with my ShipSim-Server a Marseille-Server. The RAM went to zero, but i come in the map.

This is creazy. I write now to the Admin of HollandsGlorie and then i will go to bed.

TerryRussell

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2009, 23:12:02 »

The servers run by Captain Bluebeard had the same problem but he and I went through the settings and now everything seems much better.

david16g

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2009, 23:18:03 »

That are other server, but look at it.

I just writed to am.meseurebroking@hotmai the admin of HollandGlorie.

I can`t come on HollandGlorie-Marseille.

I write the admin:" Can you please do the other two servers offline, because they are alway empty."

Then HollandsGlorie has only one server and I come in it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 10:31:22 by david16g »

david16g

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2009, 23:21:53 »

I looked again and I saw that I have enough RAM.

I think it is because someone have to much servers. I hope HollandsGlorie is going to do two servers offline.

Grants from Bavaria
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 10:33:27 by david16g »

david16g

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2009, 18:16:33 »

Ich habe nun zwar den Virtual Sailor, aber trotzdem vermisse ich den ShipSim.

Kann man denn wiklich nichts machen?

Damals ging er doch auch und es wurde nichts am Computer verändert. Es kann nur an einem oder mehere Programme liegen. Ich werde hier demnächst eine Liste mit allem Programmen posten.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

David G.

Do you need a translation TerryRussell?

pepe

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2009, 19:54:16 »

Hallo David,
mal ne ganz andere Herangehensweise( für Leute mit viel Zeit Ausdauer und Disziplin):
Kannst Du Dir eine zweite Partition mit XP oder Vista anlegen und nur den SS08 darauf installieren?, evtl geht es auch mit einer Virtuellen Umgebung. Was passiert dann.?
Sollt es laufen am besten so lassen und genießen. Oder Sicherung anlegen und vor jeder weiteren Programminstallation neu sichern und ausgiebig testen. So sollte man den Übeltäter doch finden...

Gruß pepe
NB Acer 5943 G
Intel core I7 720QM
8 GB DDR3
ATI Mobility HD5850 1024MB
Win7 64

david16g

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2009, 20:10:21 »

Da muss ich mal meinen Vater fragen, weil an Partitionen anlegen draue ich mich net ran. Ich habe gerade total unwichtige Programme deinstalliert.

Mal richtig aufräumen kann net schaden.

pepe

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2009, 20:15:10 »

Hallo david,
das Deinstallieren von Programmen schreibt aber ohne Neuinstallation des Shipsim nicht die Ursprungs-DLL zurück !

Gruß Pepe
NB Acer 5943 G
Intel core I7 720QM
8 GB DDR3
ATI Mobility HD5850 1024MB
Win7 64

Faxe

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2009, 08:17:06 »

Hallo David,

hast Du mal vor der Neuinstallation "regedit" ausgeführt um die Einträge:
-ShipSimm2008
-Quest3D
-Questviewer
-Vstep
 in der Registrierung manuell zu löschen. ;)

david16g

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2009, 13:44:28 »

Nee, aber ich habe nun ein neues Ergebnis. Nach dem Upgrade Path von TerryRussell soll man nach der Installation von dem originalen ShipSim und dem Add-On prüfen, ob die Version 1.4 erreicht ist. Dann habe ich auch gleich mal mich in den MP eingeloggt und bin auf einen Server ohne Add-On Schiffe in Marseille gegangen.

Und es ging!

Aber nachdem ich den Rest installiert hatte ging net mehr. Also muss ich ein Problem mit einem Patch oder Schiff haben und welches genau finde ich jetzt heraus.

david16g

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2009, 14:51:44 »

Habe nun mal amBX-Patch und das Horn Pack danach wieder deinstalliert und jetzt geht es!

Aber ich höre nun kein Motorgeräusch bzw. Horn. Aber Hintergrundsounds, wie Musik und Töne höre ich super. Also an meine Ohren liegt des net.

Wie schaffe ich es nun wieder den Motor und die Hörner, die ich nachträglich nochmal wiederhergestellt habe wieder zu hören?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines