Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 02:31:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new vessels  (Read 1235 times)

andrea.alfano

• Forum member
new vessels
« on: November 01, 2008, 16:21:00 »

hello. I have a request.
How it's possible that in the game "ship simulator", in order to have only 6 new vessels, after the cost of the game, i must buy the add on on the cost of 24 € or i must buy in the shipyard (5€ for only one vessel !!!) while in all other popular games, like flight simulator developed by Microsoft, I can download from internet (forum or sites, not illegaly from peer to peer) new models (of ships, planes) ?
I would not be controversial but I believe that Vstep should allow this because all the major developers houses have allowed this.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 16:26:59 by andrea.alfano »

mvsmith

Re: new vessels
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 16:43:11 »

I think that this subject has been covered many times on the forum. You can find much information on why there will probably never be third party sources for ships or environments, and why the prices for add-ons are justified.

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 16:45:18 »

Would you rather pay $500+ for just the model from turbo Squid.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

Thruster

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 16:47:57 »

Hi!

Yes, you have to buy the official add-on New Horizons in order to get new ships, or buy them from the Shipyard. In the Shipyard there are already two ships that don't come with the add-on; Elbe and Furie. The reason why you can't just download ships from the internet like in Flight Simulator, is because it's an enormous amount of work to develop a ship for this game. In FS it's quite easy for an enthusiastic person to make a new aircraft, but here the modelling (3D work) is only a very very small part of the whole process, which can be read in various other topics on this forum. That's the main reason why it is this way, and not like FS ;) (correct me if i'm wrong though)
As a small tip: don't compare SS to FS in the future, many people in here don't like it at all. Main reason is perhaps that the programs are enormously different. Probably the only similarity is the word "simulator" in the title ;D

Regards,

Thruster

mvsmith

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 17:09:54 »

Well said, Thruster.
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines