Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 23:42:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocean wave system in Ship Simulator 2008 Professional  (Read 2226 times)

Gamefan!

• Forum member
Ocean wave system in Ship Simulator 2008 Professional
« on: October 28, 2008, 17:02:48 »

This is so awesome! Where can i buy/get it, and is it avaible in Norwegian shops like spaceworld? ore only via Internett?

http://www.vimeo.com/2027222
Loyal Shipsim fan ;)

Person264

• Forum member
Re: Ocean wave system in Ship Simulator 2008 Professional
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 17:47:09 »

All I know is that it is very expensive and only really for professional mariners or trainers

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 17:48:44 »

This is so awesome! Where can i buy/get it, and is it avaible in Norwegian shops like spaceworld? ore only via Internett?

http://www.vimeo.com/2027222

Look at the Ship Sim web site and you will see that Person 264 is correct!! It is not a game and costs €2000.00, you can't run it on a simple PC either.

1000th post!!

Person264

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 17:52:21 »

Oh no, I missed the 500 mark by 2! I think shipsim pro has already been mentioned on this forum, if you search using the search button at the top (be sure to be at the start page of the forum to search it all) you will find all sorts of things that you may have thought of. This way you can find your answer before starting a whole new topic.

mvsmith

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 17:53:43 »

You could PM Pjotr and ask about a student discount.
Seriously, it is not a game. Hopefully, some of its features will be in Ship Simulator 2009.

Gamefan!

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 16:19:22 »

Oh now i am sad ;/ ??? ???. But shipsim collector includes the ocean wave system?
Loyal Shipsim fan ;)

Person264

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 16:37:58 »

Nope, I don't think so, it just has Shipsim+NewHorizons on one dvd and a printed captains journal nd a miking of shipsim video.
EDIT: Can us english purhcase the dutch version? Does it have english language on it?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 16:40:42 by Person264 »

TerryRussell

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 01:19:59 »

The new wave system is/will be only available on the Pro version, I believe.

Who knows for SS09, though...?

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 01:26:56 »

I recall reading something about the new wave system for the Pro version NOT becoming the one for SS09, to be honest, Terry. It will only be in SS08 Pro as far as I know.

But I suspect something in there, a core if you will, could en up being used. Why make something from scratch if you have something to go on... That's just an uneducated guess though.  :)

Fred

TerryRussell

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 01:29:22 »

Evening Fred and "Hi" from Canada.

I have a feeling that some elements will be in 2009, as improvements. However, most PCs couldn't handle the full Monty, so it will have to be a reduced version, I expect.

Again, who knows? Just my technical assessment of probable/likely outcomes...

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 01:34:53 »

Hi, eh!   ;D

Yup I agree. And since so little is built up from scratch anymore anyway, some key features would probably find their way into the next game, I think.

It looks very promising to say the least. I'm keen to see what it's going to turn out like.

Fred

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 02:38:28 »

The professional version is.. well professional. It is for use in full virtual bridges with super-computers and real ship controls and various instruments such as a navigation system and plotter. They are used by shipping, ferry, and governments to train ship personnel without the risk of actually crashing into something. It is made specifically for some certain companies that want to use a simulator as training.

I don't think VSTEP will ever release such a simulator in "game" format because it would eat your system resources like a fat man eats a big whopper. It may look cool but would it look cool at 2 FPS? Even if you did buy it for that amount of money you would probably complain about the lag. And we could do nothing for you. You would have to turn every detail setting to **** Super Low.

So in conclusion, NO you will never have it unless you become a captain for a nautical company that feels like using it for training.

Best Regards,
Austin

P.S. I really want that full virtual cab excavator simulator with pilot controls. :D

* Edited for language - Mad_Fred.  (Abbreviated swearing is still swearing, mate. Try to avoid that if you can. Cheers!)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 05:03:27 by Mad_Fred »

TerryRussell

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 03:02:00 »

So in conclusion, NO you will never have it unless you become a captain for a nautical company that feels like using it for training.

You sure? Do you have some information that Fred and I don't?

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 03:11:47 »

You sure? Do you have some information that Fred and I don't?
NO but that is what it is made for. Ship Sim "PROFESSIONAL"

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 05:07:28 »

Yep that is correct, but sales will not be restricted to professionals, institutions or government, etc. If you want a copy and have the money, you will be able to have it. Anyone can buy it, but being able to use it properly, that's a whole other story of course.  :)

Fred

mvsmith

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 05:39:59 »

I don't think VSTEP will ever release such a simulator in "game" format because it would eat your system resources like a fat man eats a big whopper. It may look cool but would it look cool at 2 FPS? Even if you did buy it for that amount of money you would probably complain about the lag. And we could do nothing for you. You would have to turn every detail setting to Super Low.

I think A|A is overstating the system requirements for Pro as far as running the sea model is concerned. Reasonable frame rates are obtainable on the same systems I use for SS 2008 Sunday Sailor.
This, of course, is testing a single ship at a time on a single display. I would guess that there would be a much lower limit on the amount of AI and other stuff one could pile on before bringing the system to its knees.

Person264

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 11:36:33 »

So what are the system requirements for ShipSimPro?

mvsmith

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 14:12:58 »

So what are the system requirements for ShipSimPro?
That would depend on how you wanted to use it. It supports more hardware than the usual 20008 installation: Multiple displays, NMEA input/output to external nav instruments, etc.

Used as the non-pro is, the requirements are similar. The ocean and ship dynamics take more resources, leaving less for extra AI, static ships, weather, etc.

Customers for Pro would have VSTEP put together the hardware for them, in most cases.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 14:18:53 by mvsmith »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines