Hello Guest September 21, 2024, 15:07:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: POD CONTROLS  (Read 1383 times)

percythrower

• Forum member
POD CONTROLS
« on: October 19, 2008, 20:09:13 »

hi,sorry to be a bore finding it uneasy using these pod controls  not sure how they work anyone have a diagrame ??? not so good using key board either would be grateful old fashioned seadog. long in the tooth now
                                                                        thank you

bbydino05

• Forum member
Re: POD CONTROLS
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 20:10:23 »

hi,sorry to be a bore finding it uneasy using these pod controls  not sure how they work anyone have a diagrame ??? not so good using key board either would be grateful old fashioned seadog. long in the tooth now
                                                                        thank you
if you go to youtube and search up the channel cwag123 look for my vid on how to control the ocean star like the 2nd latest vid made or 3rd i uploaded a new vid

TerryRussell

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 20:29:22 »

This isn't really a Technical Support issue.

I'll move this to General Discussions, and you'll probably get more answers there.

firestar12

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 21:01:55 »

If you dont like it, use the arrow keys. VSTEP will never change these azipods.

Second Mate

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 21:09:50 »

azipods are not easy, in fact they're crap.

steer right to go left, left to go right & god knows how you go backwards with any kind of control.

i'm probably getting too old for all this new stuff.

i was practicing today & hit captain mike, luckerly he forgave me !

i must get a new flag.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 21:10:55 »

Why should they change it? They work fine, you just have to get some experience with them. Once you get the hang of it, you can write your name with the prop wash.

If you dont get along with some kind of propulsion, doenst mean they are crap.
It's the crew that makes the difference

firestar12

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 21:15:40 »

azipods are not easy, in fact they're crap.

steer right to go left, left to go right & god knows how you go backwards with any kind of control.

i'm probably getting too old for all this new stuff.

i was practicing today & hit captain mike, luckerly he forgave me !

i must get a new flag.
On ocean star Just go left if you want to go right. They are Super easy. Its not like that on all pods.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 21:21:30 »

On ocean star Just go left if you want to go right. They are Super easy. Its not like that on all pods.

At azipods the prop is in front of it. When you steer the pod to starboardside, the pod will pull the aft to starboard, which makes the bow go to port. Easy like that.

Second Mate; it's not so hard, you just have to get the hang of it. I assume you know that with a conventional ship with a right turning prop, the aft will go to port when you kick the engine in reverse. Same situation, you have to get the feeling and then you can dock your vessel anywhere.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 21:25:29 by Ballast »
It's the crew that makes the difference

FOYEN

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 21:51:28 »

At azipods the prop is in front of it. When you steer the pod to starboardside, the pod will pull the aft to starboard, which makes the bow go to port.

Not on all ships. Here's the  view of an azipod of the "Skandi Carla" - the propeller is behind the rudder, so turning of this ship looks the same as the turning of the ship with usual propeller & rudder. Just like on Bugsier 2. However, I think the configuration with propeller in front of the rudder is better, because the rudder is under the stream from propeller, which is more effective in ships steering. Moreover the rudder in this case is straighting the screwed stream from propeller. In case of the propeller behind the rudder, there's a need in twiced opposite rotation propellers, like it shown on the image.

i must get a new flag.
You can't beat me with my new flag, Mate!!!  8)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 22:07:02 by FOYEN »

Second Mate

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 22:02:19 »

thanks for your help & advice guys, more practice is required from me, i think.

i like the flags - christmas island & burundi ...... cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines