Hello Guest October 21, 2024, 06:34:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Propellers  (Read 4282 times)

Lighthouse

• Forum member
Propellers
« on: July 20, 2007, 12:35:08 »

Hi sailors,

I'm suprised this topic has't been discussed yet, it probably doesn't interest ya'll but are the ships propellers animated in Ship Simulator 2008.

I've seen model pictures of the ships in SS08 and most of them have propellers visable. I undestand that many of you would prefer improved ship dynamics and handeling but I look upon the simulation differently.

I'd believe working props would be realistic as the ships are constently rolling in the waves, in such case the props would be visable.

All replies welcome, but please understand I do know that propellers aren't a necessary but I believe they would be realistic.

Bon Voyage,

Lighthouse     
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 12:36:52 by Lighthouse »
The lighthouse, added in the 1820s to aid navigation for vessels using the deep water channels. It is still in use today and plays a central role in the navigational system for ships entering coastal Harbours.

saken41

Re: Propellers
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 12:41:47 »

When I got Ship Simulator 2006 (2006-06-15 when it was released), I noticed the Titanic had no propellers :(, I definitely hope Titanic and the other ships has propellers in Ship Simulator 2008 :).

ecaaxel

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 12:48:10 »

they do their aree severable videos on youtube where the props come out of the watter only for a short time though so i don't know if they are animated my comp can't handle ss2008 so i'm going to have t wait till i upgrade or get a new one

Stew2000

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 12:49:47 »

I got my SS08 in the post this morning. and yes the props do rotate. I found that out when running my speedboat onto alcatraz. although they look like they could do with some proper textures ;)
Needs more Black Pig.

Orinoco

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 13:12:11 »

Yep, the props are there and they DO rotate.

Lighthouse

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 14:33:54 »

Hi all,

Thanks all for your replies and I'm glad that the Ship Simulator crew added propellers to the ships in SS08.

I got my SS08 in the post this morning. and yes the props do rotate. I found that out when running my speedboat onto alcatraz. although they look like they could do with some proper textures ;)

Yes the propellers are lacking proper texture, but we got to understand that the propellers should remain under water most of the time so texture isn't a big issue.

Thanks again for all ya replies

Bon Voyage,

Lighthouse
The lighthouse, added in the 1820s to aid navigation for vessels using the deep water channels. It is still in use today and plays a central role in the navigational system for ships entering coastal Harbours.

kev600

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 20:34:10 »

also the sounds of the propellers on titanic and the engine at the stern of the ship are excellent. they really made my day the first time i was down there
Regards Kevin,
Titanic Research Group (http://mrmarshall.proboards62.com/index.cgi)

Remember The Elite Officers that perished on that night:

Captain E.J. Smith
Chief Officer Henry Tingle Wilde
First Officer William McMaster Murdoch
Sixth Officer James Paul Moody
Chief Engineer Jo

Captain DGS

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 00:15:07 »

oh boy, i would really love to have the ability to go under water and see the propellers at work!! that is my biggest wish for SS08

redbeard

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 02:36:13 »

The pilot and rescue boat doesnt have anything at stern. By the handelig of the boats and the aft wake, I guess its waterjets, but even them arent there. And the Eagle. Dont know what system it uses, or where the propellers are placed. But I cant see them.  :) (fun to sail though)
I think the developers have made a great job in making the other propellers and features on the other ships...

Ship Sim

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2007, 08:11:11 »

The container ship, oil tanker, Pride of rotterdam and that yellow port of rotterdam patrol vessel all have props also. ;)

9x19sig

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2007, 08:25:30 »

Yep, the props are there and they DO rotate.

How do you have waves that big? When I play SS2208 the maximum waves I can use are nowhere near those.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2007, 08:31:02 »

How do you have waves that big? When I play SS2208 the maximum waves I can use are nowhere near those.

He edited the game, use search for "Super Storm" or "Huge Waves"

Please note: if you edit the game the warranty is not active.

Titanic1912

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 17:57:59 »

How do you edit the waves?
"Red sky at night, sailor's delight;
Red sky in morning, sailors take warning."

Orinoco

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 17:59:59 »

He edited the game, use search for "Super Storm" or "Huge Waves"

Please note: if you edit the game the warranty is not active.

Oh yes, because editing an XML file will bring the walls of Jericho crashing down.  ;)

redbeard

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 18:10:57 »

If you edit the file, all you do is making a new weather preset. So I dont understand all the fuzz...  ??? ::) Afterall its not enchrypted so, for that reason, in my opinion u dont break the license agreement. Its a preset, and looks inviting to modify.  ;)

Note: Never do it without knowing the consequences

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2007, 21:16:41 »

How do you edit the waves?
As said right above. Use the search.

Oh yes, because editing an XML file will bring the walls of Jericho crashing down.  ;)
It isn't a case of doing huge damage- nothing that a clean re-install won't cure. Vstep has merely pointed out already that this is still against the EULA but we moderators have NOT been instructed to stop the discussion. So all they're doing is saying 'do it at your own risk'

Stu
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 21:18:46 by Stuart2007 »
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 04:31:18 »

Here is a picture of the incidents's prop
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines