Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 08:08:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: is there a raido  (Read 5101 times)

pheonixchain

• Forum member
is there a raido
« on: October 16, 2008, 01:44:35 »

is ther a raido on the ships? ???

mvsmith

Re: is there a raido
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 01:54:02 »

That depends on what you mean by a radio. There is VHF chatter on the bridge, whether it belongs there or not.
You should learn how to construct clear meaningful questions, correctly spelled.

pheonixchain

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 01:56:50 »

i meen like songs an dcan u talk on it

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 02:00:58 »

No, I don't think that you can talk into a radio on any of the ships, but on youtube, there was something about adding music. It might just be using affects, though. How could you talk on the radio on a ship in the game ;D? Put your face up to the monitor and talk ;D?

pheonixchain

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 02:13:28 »

well do you know how to put the music on it and does the radio have poeple talkign all the time? :-\

ps: what is ure favorite ship?

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 02:20:18 »

Well, Pheonixchain, what I was saying before was that it was only the editing of the video that had music on it, not the game. The game I don't think you can put music on. If you aren't sure, you can search the forum for a topic related to music with SS. But if you are asking me, no, you cannot put music on the radio.

Yes, the voices on the radio do talk all the time, and you are just going to have to live with them I am afraid :-\. Don't think of it as a bad thing, think of them as your loyal companions who stay with you on the bridge as you operate the ship ;D ;D ;D. But, if you truly cannot stand them, just walk in the walkthrough mode and you will not hear the radio ;).

My favorite ship, personally, is the Ocean star. I am a huge fan of operating cruise ships and since Ocean star is the only cruise ship in the game, I am saying that it is my favorite ship.

pheonixchain

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 02:25:10 »

kool and thank you 8)

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 02:29:09 »

You are very welcome and enjoy the game ;)!

mvsmith

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 02:54:56 »

How could you talk on the radio on a ship in the game ;D? Put your face up to the monitor and talk ;D?

You don’ talk into the monitor, silly. You talk into the mouse. Even Scotty, from another century, knew that!

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 03:01:47 »

HAHAHAH!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D!!! WOW Marty, you sure are in a good mood lately!

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 03:41:40 »

They put music in by changing the .wav files that the radio usually has with a song they like.

I could probably make the radio play the midi file I have of the Proprio Deo version of Nearer, My God to Thee, then, if Titanic sinks, I can change to the navigation bridge view and listen to the Titanic band's last song as she sinks :'(

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 04:09:45 »

The video I made was music in the game you just have to change radio.wav to your favorite song's.

mvsmith

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 07:42:38 »

They put music in by changing the .wav files that the radio usually has with a song they like.

I could probably make the radio play the midi file I have of the Proprio Deo version of Nearer, My God to Thee, then, if Titanic sinks, I can change to the navigation bridge view and listen to the Titanic band's last song as she sinks :'(

It is not definitely known that Sullivan’s setting is the one that was played:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,8495.msg98399.html#msg98399

In fact, it was mostly American survivors who mentioned hearing “Nearer My God to Thee” played. The setting that they would most likely have recognized was “Bethany”.
Also, as “Proprior Deo” means “Nearer to God” it is often used to refer to settings other than Sir Arthur Sullivan’s.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 08:29:40 by mvsmith »

TerryRussell

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 19:36:09 »

Yes, the voices on the radio do talk all the time, and you are just going to have to live with them I am afraid :-\. Don't think of it as a bad thing, think of them as your loyal companions who stay with you on the bridge as you operate the ship ;D ;D ;D. But, if you truly cannot stand them, just walk in the walkthrough mode and you will not hear the radio ;).

If you download and install my Radio Sound Pack, there are more than 12 hours of radio chatter. They don't talk incessantly by any means. The speech to silence ratio is about 1:7, so that means that there is seven times more silence than sound.

You can also choose between around 10 different sound packs in the add-on. I will be off to record some more over the next few weeks and will release some updates when I get back and have edited them.

[SJ]Stein

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 20:19:29 »

12 hours?

Why do i keep hearing "is that you mr. something" "why yes"  "i thought you'd know better"....

good timing on that foul-up btw!  ;D

Woof ~ Woof

Steiny

TerryRussell

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 20:25:08 »

Hi Steiny!

If you hear that, you don't have my add-on installed! That's from the original set of a dozen short sounds that repeat on a random basis.

Each of my sets will not repeat inside of 60-90 minutes, depending on which one you have installed.

[SJ]Stein

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2008, 10:06:19 »

oh lol..... drats!  :D

right now i'm thinking DID i install the radiopack after last weeks reinstall or DIDN"T i?   guess i didn't.. thanks for the Tip Terry! (told you my stupidity is endless  ;))

Woof ~ Woof

TerryRussell

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2008, 10:50:00 »

Once you've installed the add-on radio pack, you need to run the selector program to choose which of the various sets you want to make active. Until you do that, the originals remain active.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 04:03:46 »

It is not definitely known that Sullivan’s setting is the one that was played:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,8495.msg98399.html#msg98399

In fact, it was mostly American survivors who mentioned hearing “Nearer My God to Thee” played. The setting that they would most likely have recognized was “Bethany”.
Also, as “Proprior Deo” means “Nearer to God” it is often used to refer to settings other than Sir Arthur Sullivan’s.

However, mvsmith, the band was British, and unlikely to be familiar with the American version of such a song.

mvsmith

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 04:39:11 »

The ship, however, was American owned. Many of the first class passengers were Americans, or from places other than England where “Bethany” was the more familiar setting.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 22:11:49 »

The ship, however, was American owned. Many of the first class passengers were Americans, or from places other than England where “Bethany” was the more familiar setting.
HOWEVER, the ship ITSELF was British, because the entire crew was British!

This includes the entire band.

TerryRussell

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2008, 22:14:16 »

When you say "band", do you mean the orchestra?

"Band" sounds a bit downmarket...

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 23:53:24 »

When you say "band", do you mean the orchestra?

"Band" sounds a bit downmarket...
They were called the legendary Titanic Band.

TerryRussell

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 23:58:16 »

But they were still an orchestra, weren't they?

Somehow "band" sounds like four men with guitars and a set of drums.  ;D

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2008, 00:26:22 »

Then Terry, I say with great confedence that your idea of a bad is very messed up ??? ;D. However, I can see where you get the idea ;). But in this example, I have no idea how you get the idea of people with gutars ;D.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines