Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 21:19:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ss 2008 editor  (Read 1106 times)

dustytrails

• Forum member
ss 2008 editor
« on: October 11, 2008, 04:46:28 »

how do you save mission/s in the editor. when i just completed a missioin or a map i go to save,and it tells me  all it needs is title/description etc,etc and will save.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 04:50:29 by dustytrails »

mvsmith

Re: ss 2008 editor
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 05:26:52 »

Hi dustytrails,
Welcome to the forum. Most of what you need to know to use the mission editor, and to save your missions, is covered in the Mission Editor Tutorial, which you can download from here:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,2886.0.html

Specific to your question: You need to specify a title and a starting player vessel in the [Mission] panel.
You must put at least one letter in the Description: box.

Then click File in the upper left corner of the screen, and click Save mission in the drop-down list.
Type your user name—dustytrails—into the box, and then click the Save button.

Do not click the Upload mission unless you have a complete mission that you wish to submit to the CMMs for approval. It is not necessary to upload a mission in order to play it.

If you have any further questions, you can send me a PM.

Good luck,
Marty

TerryRussell

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 09:10:49 »

Further to Marty's splendid advice, adding your name and a mission title is probably fairly obvious, but having done that, people sometimes report that they still can't save the mission because they get the same message from the game.

Go to the Waypoint section (click the "flag" icon, marked 1 in the image below)

Then click on the vessel that is to be the main "player" vessel (example marked "2" in the image below).

Then click the "Set as start" button (marked "3" in the image below).

Make sure that you have a description in the "Description box (marked "4" in the image below).

Then just enter your name in the box when you save the mission.

dustytrails

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 13:24:19 »

:Dthanks i now have a well i'm yet to play but your advice worked thanks ;D

dustytrails

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 13:31:06 »

a couple of vessels in ship sim 2008 that just plain too crazy control and they would be "bugsie 2" tug boat, and the car ferries oh and the ocean star all use the new hull thrusters. 

Nathan|C

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 14:39:33 »

a couple of vessels in ship sim 2008 that just plain too crazy control and they would be "bugsie 2" tug boat, and the car ferries oh and the ocean star all use the new hull thrusters. 

Practice makes perfect  :)

On the Ocean Star Controls, the little white arrows on the controller is the way the prop is going to push the water. For example, if the white arrows are facing left, the water is pushed left, turning the ship left.

mvsmith

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 15:27:28 »

You can download INFO.PDF from the same place you get the ME tutorial. It has directions for operating the container crane and some other objects.
A very simple way to operate Ocean Star is in this post:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,9012.msg104399.html#msg104399

mvsmith

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 14:24:39 »

Hi dustytrails,
As I said in my previous post, you must not click the File > Upload mission button unless you are prepared to submit a tested mission that meets the requirements of the guidelines posted at the top of the Missions section of this forum.
Your recent submission does not meet that requirement.
Marty
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines