Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 18:59:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A new light (.lgt) file for Titanic  (Read 6293 times)

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
A new light (.lgt) file for Titanic
« on: October 04, 2008, 02:09:05 »

In case some of you don't know, there was a beta version of new Ocean Star lights released recently. Thing is, when I asked about making Titanic lights, bbydino05 said he would do it, but didn't seem very excited over the idea.

So, what I want to know is if anyone with the ability to make .lgt files for the Ship Sim ships would like to make a new light file for Titanic, with me being the one to research their location and passing them along to you, using plans from Peter Davies-Garner's book, "RMS Titanic: A Modelmaker's Manual" (with no credit claimed by me, obviously).

Using the book, accurate locations of the lights on the boat deck can be given, and, upon completion, SS08 users will be able to get an accurate picture of what the Titanic looked like at night (I, myself, am curious). Also, just think about what it would be like in MP to watch from the distance, or dock right up beside, the legendary Titanic in the middle of the night, lights ablaze....

The thing about the current lights on Titanic is that, with the exception of the red and green lights, they are all inaccurately placed and are too bright (they should be yellow, not white). It is this that I aim to fix, and have just the info to do it.

So, who will help me?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 02:11:13 by RMS Gigantic »

matt5674

Re: A new light (.lgt) file for Titanic
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 02:57:15 »

i could have but i don't know how to make files but my dad does but he's away on business.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 03:06:08 »

i could have but i don't know how to make files but my dad does but he's away on business.
It's perfectly fine! I still have a bit more research to do, anyway.

matt5674

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 03:08:26 »

once your done and have some spare time can you tell me how to make files for titanic's light?

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 03:09:40 »

once your done and have some spare time can you tell me how to make files for titanic's light?
I do not know, which is why I need someone for a .lgt file, but I know bbydino05 has that ability. I'm going to guess a certain program is needed.

firestar12

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 14:54:00 »

I do not know, which is why I need someone for a .lgt file, but I know bbydino05 has that ability. I'm going to guess a certain program is needed.
No, You can do it entireley with notepad. Yup. NOTEPAD. But i wouldn't suggest it. As Fred once tole me "They are no more than just eye candy and its possible they wouldn't match the real plases and colors on the ship" ok i modified it a little but thats the point. So i highly would recommend it. 

bbydino05

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 14:57:47 »

In case some of you don't know, there was a beta version of new Ocean Star lights released recently. Thing is, when I asked about making Titanic lights, bbydino05 said he would do it, but didn't seem very excited over the idea.

So, what I want to know is if anyone with the ability to make .lgt files for the Ship Sim ships would like to make a new light file for Titanic, with me being the one to research their location and passing them along to you, using plans from Peter Davies-Garner's book, "RMS Titanic: A Modelmaker's Manual" (with no credit claimed by me, obviously).

Using the book, accurate locations of the lights on the boat deck can be given, and, upon completion, SS08 users will be able to get an accurate picture of what the Titanic looked like at night (I, myself, am curious). Also, just think about what it would be like in MP to watch from the distance, or dock right up beside, the legendary Titanic in the middle of the night, lights ablaze....

The thing about the current lights on Titanic is that, with the exception of the red and green lights, they are all inaccurately placed and are too bright (they should be yellow, not white). It is this that I aim to fix, and have just the info to do it.

So, who will help me?
no i am sorta excited but not really cause every time i add a new light im sure my pc will lag even more and right now all i could do is the hull lights (on the black part if im not right) thats why i wasnt that excited

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 20:14:46 »

no i am sorta excited but not really cause every time i add a new light im sure my pc will lag even more and right now all i could do is the hull lights (on the black part if im not right) thats why i wasnt that excited
Deck lights are what I'm looking for. I know where they all are. I can take pics from the book and send ytou them right now, if you want.

And Firestar, even if they are just eyecandy, what's wrong with that?

firestar12

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 20:17:52 »

Deck lights are what I'm looking for. I know where they all are. I can take pics from the book and send ytou them right now, if you want.

And Firestar, even if they are just eyecandy, what's wrong with that?
I would want them to be accurate thats all. And you cant be 100% sure.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 20:31:20 »

I would want them to be accurate thats all. And you cant be 100% sure.
I'm using Peter Davies-Garner's book, so I know EXACTLY where all the yet-to-be rendered lights are located, and will make sure lights are added there.

And that they're yellow, and not white.

bbydino05

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 22:57:59 »

I'm using Peter Davies-Garner's book, so I know EXACTLY where all the yet-to-be rendered lights are located, and will make sure lights are added there.

And that they're yellow, and not white.
ok i will make a release date of the 7 of november

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 23:52:53 »

ok i will make a release date of the 7 of november
Ok. I'll relay you the info asap. Just some stuff I need to get sorted out, first.

Also, looking at the code for Titainc's lights, it seems it WOULD be possible to make a light turn ON when moored or when anchor is dropped, but off at all other times. This is just the sort of property of the docking lamp on the foremast, I believe.

edwinmorgan

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 10:49:53 »

hey in new to the fourm can u help me get the better lights fore ocean star  but can u send me a persnol mesige please not tell me on here  :) ;D

regards edwin

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 12:06:10 »

So, who will help me?

Where is this OS Beta?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines