Hello Guest June 29, 2024, 03:27:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New tugs?  (Read 5852 times)

Kona1988

• Forum member
New tugs?
« on: September 23, 2008, 21:54:44 »

Anyone got any tugs they know and want in the game?

Maybe, the Arctic Warrior from Ghost Ship,

Actually, theres a few ships called The Arctic Warrior.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 21:56:39 by Kona1988 »

Ballast

• Global Moderator
Re: New tugs?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 21:59:28 »

I know a pretty good looking tug that we can use, she's called "Search function".

Click here for a pic!
It's the crew that makes the difference

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 22:30:50 »

Oh... I get it Real in the results. ;D
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

dustytrails

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 13:38:03 »

maybe the SHELLY FOSS.

mvsmith

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 14:08:09 »

maybe the SHELLY FOSS.

Not bleedin’ likely. Friends at Foss, Crowley, McAllister, SIO, and WHOI who are forum members, or have visited as guests, are not happy with the way ships are treated on YouTube, or in topics like the ”damage derby”. They usually mention Dreyfus’ Sherpa as an example of what they don’t want to see done to their ships.

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 14:33:36 »

I've been thinking of what it would be like some day in the future when/if I get the SS Sabino into SS09 and see all the topics like ""

www.llamalord

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 14:35:41 »

How did Microsoft solve this problem? I assume there would be movies on the internet of crashing airplanes in MSFS.

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 14:39:32 »

I think we got enough tugs in the sim right now. 6 is enough. I think it's time for another ship like a nice dredger, or an inland cargo ship would be a nice addition too.

maritiem

People can almost do anything, The only thing they can't is forgive each other.

Brinch

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 15:04:19 »

How did Microsoft solve this problem? I assume there would be movies on the internet of crashing airplanes in MSFS.
You can make a plane with visible damage in flightsim, but most if not all developers choose not to use this option. The result is you get a message telling you, that you have crashed. Much better IMHO, prevents most crashing for fun...

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 18:17:42 »

Plus fsx enthusiasts play it to fly not to crash. And there is so much more to do then just fly land takeoff and crash.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 20:02:01 »

Plus fsx enthusiasts play it to fly not to crash. And there is so much more to do then just fly land takeoff and crash.

SS enthusiasts also play it to sail and not for sinking. Only the ******* kids enjoy sinking. Except the kind of game, there is no difference between a SS fan and a FSX fan, they both like the simulation and keeping it real.

* Edited for language - Mad_Fred
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:02:32 by Mad_Fred »

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 02:21:23 »

It absolutely drives me up the wall when my friends ask me to show them how to fly.

Bot only does it take more practice then there are hours in a month to learn how to fly, ::) They always just ebd up crashing for fun.

www.llamalord

Ky-l

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 09:22:19 »

this seemed like the forum to ask but on ss08 how can you get more tugs i only have the 1 tug, the response vessel if ucan call it one and the sherpa. I read there were 6.

Dave M

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 20:15:07 »

Hi Ky-|,
As you said in the original SS08 there is the Harbour Tug and the Sherpa. If you upgrade to 'New Horizons' you get the 'Bugsier' and the 'Pusher', two very different vessels. You need to buy the upgrade to 'New Horizons' and it will cost you 16.99 Euro for the download version but this includes a new environment, (Padstow), and other ships as well.
There are two other tugs that you can download seperately and they are the 'Elbe', (a restored diesel tug), and the 'Furie', (a restored steam tug). They cost 4.99 Euro each.

Have a look here for all this.

http://shipsim.com/home.php

Regards, Dave
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

Ky-l

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 20:57:15 »

Thanks for your help. I feel like an idiot because as soon as I posted it I found my answers, but isn't that the way it always is. I'm not much of an internet spender and I'd prefer to buy it in a store, but it's hard to find in canada.

Dave M

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 23:25:28 »

Hi Ky-|,
You may find SS08 New Horizons in a shop or a 'Gold edition' SS08, (This includes 'New Horizons' but you will be paying for the full game again!). You will not, (as far as I know), find the two tugs in the 'Shipyard' available in the shops at the moment.
 Regards, Dave

[SJ]Stein

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 00:33:34 »

You can make a plane with visible damage in flightsim,  The result is you get a message telling you, that you have crashed.

I've had that working once in fs9 i believe... forgot about it completely untill i read this... but
that message is rather a bore.. when i've come up short on final again... but i'm still learning everytime i fire up flightsim; it doesn't go wrong EVERYTIME anymore. But i do tempt fate a bit having loaded activesky with real weather.. (would be cool to see an expansion towards ShipSim one day, getting to sail in actual weather.... ahhhh... future dreams eh? keep on trucking Vstep, yer on the right way!)

regards,

Steiny

Chrystine

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 01:59:21 »

One of the ‘illions of Life’s countless ironies…

The mentality of one who would revel in ‘crashing’ an aircraft or ‘sinking’ a ship for sheer fun and amusement is only a half of the matter, as it is, I think equally though of greater weight a question of Spirit and disposition.
  Those who squander are those who have earned nothing of value as yet in life.
  To prevent even the slightest mishaps is a skill born from love and respect.
  At high-enough pitch, one can genuinely suffer pain in the thought of chipping the paint of a good vessel or aircraft.
  ..Or anything held dear – and valued.

All in my opinion, of course …

Best,
  Chrystine

[SJ]Stein

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 09:14:18 »

One of the ‘illions of Life’s countless ironies…

The mentality of one who would revel in ‘crashing’ an aircraft or ‘sinking’ a ship for sheer fun and amusement is only a half of the matter, as it is, I think equally though of greater weight a question of Spirit and disposition.
  Those who squander are those who have earned nothing of value as yet in life.
  To prevent even the slightest mishaps is a skill born from love and respect.
  At high-enough pitch, one can genuinely suffer pain in the thought of chipping the paint of a good vessel or aircraft.
  ..Or anything held dear – and valued.

All in my opinion, of course …

Best,
  Chrystine

They should iron that!

More more more!

Highest regards,

Steiny

Ky-l

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 03:01:04 »

Seaspan Pacer (Seaspan Intl)
Jessie Hodder (Hodder Tug)
Tiger Sun (SMIT)
Seaspan Tepest/Seaspan Venture (Seaspan Intl)

Dave M

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 21:43:16 »

How about the Director class tugs.
They were diesel electric paddle tugs. They were used in RN Dockyards in England in the late 50s and the 60s, (and even later, the last one was scrapped in 2000), I remember seeing two of them in Portsmouth. They were always around and playing a major part in the tow when an aircraft carrier entered Portsmouth. If you go to this link and scroll to the bottom of the list then starting with 'The Director' they are all listed there;

http://www.clydesite.co.uk/clydebuilt/featuredtype.asp

They were very powerful tugs and very manouverable. Unusually for paddle driven vessels, each paddle could be operated independently, this meant that they could turn in their own length.

Regards, Dave

TerryRussell

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 22:11:24 »

Thanks for your help. I feel like an idiot because as soon as I posted it I found my answers, but isn't that the way it always is. I'm not much of an internet spender and I'd prefer to buy it in a store, but it's hard to find in canada.

I did see it in a shop in Toronto a couple of weeks ago. I've been trying to remember which one, but apart from "near the tower", I can't recall where it was. Sorry.

john morris

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2008, 16:17:21 »

I think we got enough tugs in the sim right now. 6 is enough. I think it's time for another ship like a nice dredger, or an inland cargo ship would be a nice addition too.

maritiem
Yes fully agree on the need for a dredger, then I could take some decent size ships into Portsmouth harbour.
John Morris

Ky-l

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2008, 17:05:28 »

It's Ok I'm in Vancouver anyway lol

EMDTractorTug

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2008, 23:25:35 »

I would like to see a Robert Allan Dolphin Class ASD Tug. (Foss has a few)
http://www.ral.bc.ca/index.html
Hook Em Up!
M/V Hope (USGC CONIFER) M/V Mersea (USCG PAWPAW)
Tug Ted, Tug Edith, Tug Carl
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines