Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 17:40:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual Core Petition.  (Read 1547 times)

firestar12

Dual Core Petition.
« on: September 23, 2008, 00:53:57 »

Hello everyone. Another topic here from firestar. I think it would do wonders for alot of users if ShipSim got patched to use BOTH cores in a Dual Core System. Sign here if you agree. (Please agree)

mvsmith

Re: Dual Core Petition.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 02:02:47 »

SS 2008 does use the second core in places where it is possible to do so. QuestViewer is not a VSTEP program, so they have no responsibility for when, or if, it will be able to use more than one core.

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 03:03:34 »

Actually it's pretty hard to find a program that Doesn't Use Both Cores if possible.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

firestar12

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 20:41:34 »

Well I think maybe VSTEP should stop using QUESTVEIWER. It always crashes, even for people whos SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS exceed the standard. So...Evenif it DOES mean stopping questV do you guys agreee?

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 20:59:46 »

Personally I don't see that happening...

That would be like you asking them to make a whole new video game just because you wanted the perfect one. :P

www.llamalord

Person264

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 21:11:31 »

It doesn't really matter THAT much if there are a few bugs here and there. If it crashes, just load it again, doesn't take very long. The only games where crashes are very annoying are racing games where you are just about to win the race and... Grid crashes.

[SJ]Stein

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 21:15:03 »

grinn.. questviewer usually crashes on stopping the application here... or when i crash into something in singleplayer..  plowed into a boat with the jetski-race-challenge.. poof.. gone..

Anyways.. i think future releases of the operatingsystem make sure that multiple cores are used in a functional way, i dont think the XP's and Vista's of this world are well enough coded for it. Let alone the games.

Woof ~ Woof

firestar12

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 21:28:03 »

Personally I don't see that happening...

That would be like you asking them to make a whole new video game just because you wanted the perfect one. :P
Well i dont believe THEY should ask US to go out and buy a new Computer because we have a tiny bit slow Processor.

Jayshum

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 21:35:18 »

Then tough. That's how PC games are, and I feel always should be. If you to play games that don't require to update your hardware everyone once in a while, then go buy an Xbox 360. I personally enjoy both my pc gaming and 360-ing.

firestar12

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 21:43:42 »

Then tough. That's how PC games are, and I feel always should be. If you to play games that don't require to update your hardware everyone once in a while, then go buy an Xbox 360. I personally enjoy both my pc gaming and 360-ing.
I know I am updating but all the money lost...But all the hours of fun gained...It all evens out ;D

TerryRussell

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 21:48:44 »

Well I think maybe VSTEP should stop using QUESTVEIWER. It always crashes, even for people whos SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS exceed the standard. So...Evenif it DOES mean stopping questV do you guys agreee?

In all of the hundreds, perhaps thousands, of technical support problems I've worked on here, Questviewer has never been the cause. It is the messenger about problems that people have with their systems. Often their system is below the well-defined minimums.

Sometimes it is a conflict with something another program has installed.

Sometimes it's hardware issues.

But never Questviewer.

I trust that closes this discussion, now?

And this is a General Discussions topic, not feature requests.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 21:50:39 by TerryRussell »

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 21:49:41 »

I know I am updating but all the money lost...But all the hours of fun gained...It all evens out ;D

Or lucky for me, the $20,000 purchase and one year of taking care of my boat doesn't go in that account book. ;D

www.llamalord
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines