Hello Guest September 14, 2024, 23:25:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: SS09 PIC???????????????????  (Read 6876 times)

firestar12

Re: SS09 PIC???????????????????
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2008, 14:32:02 »

It sure looked nice and detailed. Its a shame VSTEP didnt keep it like that.

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2008, 15:36:54 »

Well, I am shure Vstep has a verry good reason for that.

The model was probably much to detailed for a normal pc to handle.

I like the sherpa as it is right now.

B.T.W.:This model was never made for the game.

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2008, 16:01:03 »

I really don't know how you could appreciate a "more detailed" model on a 542x191 pixels picture.

Telling about "a shame" seems me a bit stupid. I really don't see how this model is more detailed ? It's not even realistic, and the actual ship sim model look far closer from the real ship. And, BTW, If you had red the other posts in the same topic before adding yours, you would have understood it's not even a picture from any version of ship simulator ...

firestar12

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2008, 16:12:51 »

I really don't know how you could appreciate a "more detailed" model on a 542x191 pixels picture.

Telling about "a shame" seems me a bit stupid. I really don't see how this model is more detailed ? It's not even realistic, and the actual ship sim model look far closer from the real ship. And, BTW, If you had red the other posts in the same topic before adding yours, you would have understood it's not even a picture from any version of ship simulator ...
All i said is that it looks cool. And Fred said its from a beta version. I just said something.  ::)

TerryRussell

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2008, 16:22:33 »

No, this is what you said, Firestar.

Hence Denis' comments.

firestar12

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2008, 16:25:38 »

No, this is what you said, Firestar.

Hence Denis' comments.
Oh well. The only thing i thought really looked cool was the big splash i guess. My PC cant do that cause ma graphics card.

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2008, 16:58:50 »

Oh well. The only thing i thought really looked cool was the big splash i guess. My PC cant do that cause ma graphics card.

firestar, you right, the big splash looks cool ! But this has nothing to do with ship simulator. The picture (as it has been said in the posts of this thread) doesn't come from any ship sim version, and is far anterior to the first release, ship sim 2006, as this picture has been found on a webpage dated in 2004. This picture is probably a static image, that's why you do not have the limitations of a 3D engine you can have inside a game. You can't compare a static image with a game 3D engine !!

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2008, 00:42:59 »

Well, it is difficult for me to understand beceaus my motherlanguage is Dutch  ;)

What do you mean with black stuff?
The rubber?

Can't you see that the real ship allso doesn't have that.

oh no Sam, what i mean by the black stuff in the picture below

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Nathan|C

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2008, 09:39:06 »

That's rust, where the water has been pumped out.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2008, 11:46:32 »

Actually that marking is due to the damage caused by the ships anchor as it is housed in the hawse pipe. Most of it is mud which has been washed down the hawsepipe as the focs'le head gang wash down the cable and anchor as it comes up from the bottom.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2008, 07:16:18 »

Actually that marking is due to the damage caused by the ships anchor as it is housed in the hawse pipe. Most of it is mud which has been washed down the hawsepipe as the focs'le head gang wash down the cable and anchor as it comes up from the bottom.

yeah let's add that texture to it, makes more alive more of a working class vessel, i mean how come every ship that i see in real life has something like that but the ships over here stay "perfect" not even a scratch, thats what i like about a ship all those stains, thats what makes simulation enjoyable for me, it's getting boring seeing the ships perfect after awhile, but rust me i can't get enough of ships when they contain rust marks around the hull in various places muddy thing at the anchor like Sherpa, thats real ship simulating man
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 07:19:22 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

MrFlappy102

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2008, 01:51:13 »

Kind off looks a little cheesier than SS08. Maybe it's actually an older version.  ???

Nathan|C

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2008, 17:31:37 »

Kind off looks a little cheesier than SS08. Maybe it's actually an older version.  ???

Read the previous posts please  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines