Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 18:03:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I do I increase wave height >4m  (Read 2688 times)

crispy24

• Forum member
I do I increase wave height >4m
« on: September 11, 2008, 22:13:52 »

Is there anyway I can increase wave height above 4m as this seems rather gentle compared to a realistic storm??

firestar12

Re: I do I increase wave height >4m
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 22:18:42 »

Is there anyway I can increase wave height above 4m as this seems rather gentle compared to a realistic storm??
Hello Crispy24 and welcome to the forum! This topic has been discussed thousands of times, With an illegal file edit you can increase them, but you can only use it for V 1.0. Also it is illegal like i said so dont try it or you will lose your right to technical support. Also, these ships dynamics arnt made to work correctly in 4+ M waves. It is a big topic though and im sure VSTEP is or will be working on it.

crispy24

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 09:18:36 »

Thankyou very much for your speedy response.  :)

firestar12

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 20:57:21 »

Thankyou very much for your speedy response.  :)
You are very welcome.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 21:05:30 »

It is NOT illegal, you will just loose technical support. You couldn't go to jail for it. White Hat hackers like myself just love to modify game files.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_hat

Although we only do it to have fun and see if we can help find bugs. Although I haven't edited any ship sim files other then the horns. And the waves when they first posted it before they said we couldn't do that. All back to normal now.

firestar12

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 21:06:50 »

It is NOT illegal, you will just loose technical support. You couldn't go to jail for it. White Hat hackers like myself just love to modify game files.

Although we only do it to have fun and see if we can help find bugs. Although I haven't edited any ship sim files other then the horns. And the waves when they first posted it before they said we couldn't do that. All back to normal now.
Oh ya? Search Wave Height in the serach bar and you will see. Fred even said so.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 00:55:57 »

Isn't hacking a bit of a strong word for modifying simple game files with readily available tools that turn up at the top of any intelligent google search?   ;D  ;D

Btw, did you forget about the original rules of the MIT's hackers club?
Rule one of hack-club is, you do not talk about hack club!

:P  ;D

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 04:01:23 »

Isn't hacking a bit of a strong word for modifying simple game files with readily available tools that turn up at the top of any intelligent google search?   ;D  ;D

Btw, did you forget about the original rules of the MIT's hackers club?
Rule one of hack-club is, you do not talk about hack club!

:P  ;D
Am I in a hack club?

I have only hacked twice one time my friend hosted a file hosting site, I uploaded a php file that redirected his home page to beautiful men. :p

And hacked chibipaws news system so jared could fix the flaws.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines