Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 12:01:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: She wont fit right.  (Read 5231 times)

firestar12

She wont fit right.
« on: September 11, 2008, 22:11:50 »

Howcome at the Red Funnel Terminal in the Isle of Wight, Red Eagel's Ramps wont line up perfectly with the other  ramp? Or is it just me?

rich84

• Forum member
Re: She wont fit right.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 21:36:38 »

I`ve noticed that as well & it seems Vstep are quite good at overlooking the minor details such as the ramp alignment & where is the jetty in Southampton where the Red Jet catamarans dock at. It`s little things like this that really bug me.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 14:39:34 by rich84 »

firestar12

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 21:47:12 »

I`ve noticed that as well & it seems Vstep are quite good at overlooking the minor details such as the ramp alignment & where is the jetty where the Red Jet catamarans dock at. It`s little things like this that really bug me.
I know where the..both of them are. Ok, let the pics speak for themselves! The first one is the isle of wight one. The second is the southamton one.

TerryRussell

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 23:03:44 »

Sorry to disagree, chaps, RED EAGLE: if you pull up right against the piles on the port side as you go in, you DO line up. Same as in real life.  ;)

You might find that the height of the ramps isn't quite the same, but again, just as in real life. With a 8-16 foot tidal range, the ship can be much higher or lower at any stage, depending on the tide.

PS if you have downloaded the latest beta patch from Creators Forum, Red Eagle's ramps align prettty much spot on.

firestar12

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 23:09:15 »

Sorry to disagree, chaps, RED EAGLE: if you pull up right against the piles on the port side as you go in, you DO line up. Same as in real life.  ;)

You might find that the height of the ramps isn't quite the same, but again, just as in real life. With a 8-16 foot tidal range, the ship can be much higher or lower at any stage, depending on the tide.

PS if you have downloaded the latest beta patch from Creators Forum, Red Eagle's ramps align prettty much spot on.
Tell me more about the Beta Patch and Creators forum. Are there any more patches?

TerryRussell

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 12:14:47 »

Creators Forum is a place where Mission Creators and others can release their works. Members of the forum then try them out and provide feedback. The Creators can then fine-tune their offerings and release them to the wider Ship Simulator community.

For the members of the forum, they get forthcoming updates much earlier, and can have an active part in the shaping of what is produced. Many of the in-game Custom Missions are released via the Creators Forum and subsequently submitted to the CMMs for approval. The fact that the missions have already gone through the process means that the CMMs are more likely to approve it.

We also test proposed changes to vessels (e.g. Red Eagle, Pride of Rotterdam, Vermaas and others).

Plus we have some goodies that you can't get elsewhere, such as an 84 page report, detailing every aspect of a large azipod driven Cruise Liner (if you want to know the power ratings of the azipods, as well as which team cleans the toilets on Deck C, this is the one for you!).

Easiest thing is to click on the link in my signature and have a poke around. If you like it, you can apply to join. We have an active membership in the hundreds, so it can't be too bad.

Nathan|C

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 13:54:27 »

Like i said in my PM Terry, i still haven't got an email. I definetly entered my address correctly, and nothing is in my spam folder.

Damn  :-\

firestar12

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 14:21:31 »

Creators Forum is a place where Mission Creators and others can release their works. Members of the forum then try them out and provide feedback. The Creators can then fine-tune their offerings and release them to the wider Ship Simulator community.

For the members of the forum, they get forthcoming updates much earlier, and can have an active part in the shaping of what is produced. Many of the in-game Custom Missions are released via the Creators Forum and subsequently submitted to the CMMs for approval. The fact that the missions have already gone through the process means that the CMMs are more likely to approve it.

We also test proposed changes to vessels (e.g. Red Eagle, Pride of Rotterdam, Vermaas and others).

Plus we have some goodies that you can't get elsewhere, such as an 84 page report, detailing every aspect of a large azipod driven Cruise Liner (if you want to know the power ratings of the azipods, as well as which team cleans the toilets on Deck C, this is the one for you!).

Easiest thing is to click on the link in my signature and have a poke around. If you like it, you can apply to join. We have an active membership in the hundreds, so it can't be too bad.
Sounds kinda fun!

TerryRussell

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 14:55:25 »

Like i said in my PM Terry, i still haven't got an email. I definetly entered my address correctly, and nothing is in my spam folder.

Damn  :-\

Hi Nathan.

I've reset the password and sent details to you in a PM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines