Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 21:11:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: waves  (Read 4202 times)

chouby-20

• Forum member
waves
« on: July 18, 2007, 12:38:42 »

hello, I think that the waves are very small in Atlantic Ocean, it will be better waves of about 9meters

Orinoco

• Forum member
Re: waves
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 14:21:47 »

30 foot waves  :o

Sandpatch

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 14:22:33 »

I agree  ;)

chouby-20

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 14:57:23 »

you have about 9 to 10 meters (and more sometimes) during the winter. I hope they will prepare something in the next patch. ::)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 15:03:16 by chouby-20 »

Stealth

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 16:53:08 »

It's normal with 18-20m (59-65feet) waves in the north-sea outside Norway in wintertime.
4m is nothing..

drakonwulf

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 17:49:24 »

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,982.0.html

There's this alternative 'till they do it officially.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 23:30:26 »

I am hoping that eventually they manage to put
in wave crest so they actually surf and break
like they do in real gales ;D :(

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 23:33:33 »

I am hoping that eventually they manage to put
in wave crest so they actually surf and break
like they do in real gales ;D :(

1 thing to remember is the time-scale here.  Ship Simulator is still very young, so in the future......anything is possible :D

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 23:41:31 »

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,982.0.html

There's this alternative 'till they do it officially.

Remember that if you moify your copy of SS08 then you do so at your own risk and Vstep aren't going to accept blame if it all goes wrong.

There. That's said. ;)

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Orinoco

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 00:01:08 »

Remember that if you moify your copy of SS08 then you do so at your own risk and Vstep aren't going to accept blame if it all goes wrong.

There. That's said. ;)

Stu

It's an .XML file, not a nuclear warhead.  :-*

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 00:06:29 »

I know, but nevertheless it is part of the licence agreement. If you follow the link above and read my comment, you will see that I make that point and it isn't exactly reverse engineering for piracy reasons.

But you must realise it does have to be said. If people ignore it, then they were warned. I think any software developer is concerned that self modified copies can cause unforseen problems on your computer that could cause them problems.

As you sa though, not a nuclear warhead. Bang ;)

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

drakonwulf

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 02:17:40 »

I know, but nevertheless it is part of the licence agreement. If you follow the link above and read my comment, you will see that I make that point and it isn't exactly reverse engineering for piracy reasons.

But you must realise it does have to be said. If people ignore it, then they were warned. I think any software developer is concerned that self modified copies can cause unforseen problems on your computer that could cause them problems.

As you sa though, not a nuclear warhead. Bang ;)

Stu

I think they intended for us to modify that file, because it is not encrypted, and it's so easy to just put other numbers... The only way to be sure is to ask the DEVS about it.

check the config.xml, there are some instructions there for manual modification.

Maik

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 06:28:25 »

I think they intended for us to modify that file, because it is not encrypted, and it's so easy to just put other numbers... The only way to be sure is to ask the DEVS about it.

check the config.xml, there are some instructions there for manual modification.

If they intended for us to modify the files they woudn't warn us for problems when whe do it would they ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines