Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 16:08:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A little celebration!  (Read 8277 times)

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
A little celebration!
« on: September 09, 2008, 08:15:31 »

Hi everyone!

The Elbe is now working for me, and I hope it is for the rest of you too. Just to celebrate the Elbe's entrance, post your picture's of her here! ;D

Jack
Kind Regards,
Jack.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
Re: A little celebration!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 07:51:26 »

Some picture's from me to start the show off! ;D

Jack
Kind Regards,
Jack.

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 09:57:51 »

Jack

Very nice, will buy it now.

Also glad to see that we all survived the big bang at 0830!!!!

Rgds

Mike

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 15:38:20 »

Jack

Very nice, will buy it now.

Also glad to see that we all survived the big bang at 0830!!!!

Rgds

Mike

All the problem's have cleared up, so you should be able to play it no problem! :) (once you download it)

Yes, phewwww, Hadron Collider seems to be doing its job ok! :D without making lots of black holes :D ;D (Nick named the Big Bang Machine)
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 15:50:36 »

Ahoy Sealords,
I owned the Elbe and Furie for quite a while, till today I had only a few complaints concerning the horn and whistle of those two lovely tugs. Today I recieved the message that there was a free download/patch to solve those problems. Well, the patch worked out alright. BUT after waiting so long for the Elbe I thought that also a view minor graphical problems were solved. Sorry to say, they are not. Still missing the steering wheels from the Elbe AND the Furie when in orbital view (see pics). Hope VSTEP will take care of that too.
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 16:00:38 »

Ahoy Sealords,
I owned the Elbe and Furie for quite a while, till today I had only a few complaints concerning the horn and whistle of those two lovely tugs. Today I recieved the message that there was a free download/patch to solve those problems. Well, the patch worked out alright. BUT after waiting so long for the Elbe I thought that also a view minor graphical problems were solved. Sorry to say, they are not. Still missing the steering wheels from the Elbe AND the Furie when in orbital view (see pics). Hope VSTEP will take care of that too.

Hi aadjepiraatje!

Good to hear that some problems were solved, as far as I know, this is the case with every ship in SS (The problem with no controls on outside view) Just checked now, and its the same with the Fairmount Sherpa, so I assume it is the same for all SS ships, i'd like to see that sorted as well, although, its fine at the minute :) (For me personally)

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Nathan|C

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 16:08:07 »

I'll take some pics tonight. Now my game is working fine (touch wood) i'll be in "Carls Britanny Ferries" server tonight with the Elbe.

Hope to see some of you there  ;D

RJK

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 16:13:14 »

Here's a couple, extra wet.

Russ K

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 16:47:26 »

Funny on walk through got stuck in the Captain's cabin and couldn't get out!!

Nathan|C

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 17:03:11 »

my server is now running come find me please having probs with msn

Carl, i don't have NH installed at the moment so i can't get into Padstow. Can you make it The Solent or another Ocean server?

Person264

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 18:34:28 »

What is it like to sail?

Nathan|C

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 18:57:19 »

What is it like to sail?

Easy  ;D
It does 8kn, hardly roles in the waves. Great ship to sail.

Nathan|C

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 18:59:07 »

Ahoy Sealords,

aad, this is the same with every ship in SS08. Strangely, in 1.0 they were visible from the exterior. I think they were removed for technical reasons in MP.

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 21:15:57 »

Ahoy Nathan|C,
Could be that it's the same on all vessels, but to my knowledge there are not so many vessels with an "outside" steering wheel like the Elbe has, and at most of the other vessels the steering wheel in the wheelhouse isn't visable from orbital view.
Regards
Aad

firestar12

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 00:54:33 »

aad, this is the same with every ship in SS08. Strangely, in 1.0 they were visible from the exterior. I think they were removed for technical reasons in MP.
Not on Titanic.

Nathan|C

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 16:46:34 »

Ahoy Nathan|C,
Could be that it's the same on all vessels, but to my knowledge there are not so many vessels with an "outside" steering wheel like the Elbe has, and at most of the other vessels the steering wheel in the wheelhouse isn't visable from orbital view.
Regards
Aad

True, not every vessel has an outer steering wheel, but if you look inside the wheelhouse for every vessel the wheel is missing  ;)

Nathan|C

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 18:07:23 »

Here is a brilliant image i found on the french forum taken by Chris13

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/2126/elbe4mv7.png

I think this could easily win POTM.

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 23:35:47 »

Quote from: aadjepiraatje
and at most of the other vessels the steering wheel in the wheelhouse isn't visable from orbital view
True, not every vessel has an outer steering wheel, but if you look inside the wheelhouse for every vessel the wheel is missing  ;)
I don't think I stated something else, didn't I? Because in Titanic's wheelhouse everything is visable from outside view :)
Regards
Aad
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 23:41:20 by aadjepiraatje »

Nathan|C

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 06:17:11 »

I don't think I stated something else, didn't I? Because in Titanic's wheelhouse everything is visable from outside view :)
Regards
Aad

The wheels are missing since 1.3 because of multiplayer - getting the wheels to animate on other players ships is a problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines