Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 13:44:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where do Ships Dock?  (Read 8150 times)

firestar12

Where do Ships Dock?
« on: September 07, 2008, 16:55:37 »

Can anyone Provide Areas in the Game (for most harbors except ones like PhiPhi Of course) That tell Where large ships dock, Can/Could Dock/or are Funy to dock? Please? Like i would like to know good places to dock large ships like ocean star or agile or somethin.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
Re: Where do Ships Dock?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 17:04:55 »

solent marellie and newyork both have lots of places large ships can dock

firestar12

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 17:07:00 »

solent marellie and newyork both have lots of places large ships can dock
Can you provide real places where cruise ships and ships its size CAN dock? (Sorry i like to be accurate)

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 17:11:00 »

well you got all the piars in new york for a start

mvsmith

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 17:34:48 »

That’s not true, Paul. Most of the piers as they exist in the New York environment are too short or lack the depth for large vessels. The Westside Cruise Terminal on Manhattan Island is north of the limit for that environment.
The best thing is to just go into the Mission Editor and try placing Vermaas or Ocean Star in places like Bayonne (New Jersey) or Brooklyn. There are Cruise Ship Terminals in both of those locations in the real NY.
Marty

The Bayonne cruise ship terminal is on the long pier closest to Robbins Reef.

The Brooklyn cruise ship terminal is in Red Hook, east of Governors Island. Pier 12 is south of the container terminal on the west side of Atlantic Basin. Pier 11 is on the east side of the basin.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 18:45:50 by mvsmith »

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 17:40:31 »

i got the ocean star into them so they are deep anought

Nathan|C

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 18:07:43 »

The Pride of Rotterdam docks here:

Brinch

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 18:10:29 »

There is a cruise ship terminal in Hamburg, a little further in from Blohm&Voss ship yard, on the other side of Elbe... (The cruise Terminal looks like a colorfull stack of containers at first glance, there is also a small look out tower at the location, hard to miss)
For Southampton, this map should be pretty helpfull : http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/files/pos.pdf

IIRC then Port of Rotterdam has a pretty good website with a decent map.(google might help here)

firestar12

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 14:39:51 »

Wher does ships like Rpa, arrie visser, and stuff dock?

Nathan|C

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 15:30:59 »

RPA docks at many places in Rotterdam (There are over 30 RPA ships), the area where the Arie Visser works is not in the game.

firestar12

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 16:02:30 »

RPA docks at many places in Rotterdam (There are over 30 RPA ships), the area where the Arie Visser works is not in the game.
Could you show areas where she might? I like terminals like not just empty quay. Those are are types im looking for. Also does anyone know where cruise ships dock at San Fransicso?

Nathan|C

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 17:24:42 »

As far as i know there are no RPA jetties modeled in the game. There is one, it's in Maasuis, you posted in another topic asking what it was.

There is meant to be one directly in front of the P&O Terminal for the RPA 14/15.

firestar12

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 20:16:17 »

As far as i know there are no RPA jetties modeled in the game. There is one, it's in Maasuis, you posted in another topic asking what it was.

There is meant to be one directly in front of the P&O Terminal for the RPA 14/15.
Oh, so that one that i didn't know what it was is one for Rpa?

Nathan|C

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 09:03:18 »

Yes, i think so, but other ships can use it too.

firestar12

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 15:19:02 »

Yes, i think so, but other ships can use it too.
LLike, any Cruise ship Terminals? Where a cruise ship actually WOULD dock in San Fran

Nathan|C

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 17:17:58 »

I know there is a cruise ship terminal in Rotterdam, just in front of the bridge in the far east, behind the Coromuel (Unplayable Ferry)

firestar12

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 17:25:27 »

I know there is a cruise ship terminal in Rotterdam, just in front of the bridge in the far east, behind the Coromuel (Unplayable Ferry)
Can you show me on the map? Or somthing like a pic in the game please?

Capt Muka

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 12:56:43 »

i am able to dock at the wharf, then it won't allow me to tie up and how do u get to work the cranes to unload and load containers

firestar12

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 15:11:52 »

i am able to dock at the wharf, then it won't allow me to tie up and how do u get to work the cranes to unload and load containers
Hello Capt Muka, You have to have a crane mission to get the cranes to work. ;) Also, It is against forum rules to start up an old topic like this without reason, But since you are new its okay (You didnt know) ;) Maybe You should take a quick look through the forum rules: http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,26.0.html A lot of good info there. lol. It saved me a couple times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines