Hello Guest July 27, 2024, 05:09:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What Type Of Ships Do You Want More Of?

Historic Cruise Liners
- 39 (4.4%)
Container Ships
- 55 (6.2%)
Cruise Liners
- 61 (6.9%)
Yachts
- 45 (5.1%)
Historic Yachts
- 25 (2.8%)
Tankers
- 55 (6.2%)
Historic Tugs
- 22 (2.5%)
Tugs
- 52 (5.9%)
Record Breaking Ships (Biggest Container Ship ect.)
- 55 (6.2%)
Historic Cargo Ships
- 35 (4%)
Fishing Vessles
- 57 (6.5%)
Small Fishing Boats
- 37 (4.2%)
Cargo Ships
- 63 (7.2%)
Speed Boats
- 17 (1.9%)
Steam Powerd Ships
- 46 (5.2%)
Patrol Boats
- 33 (3.7%)
Historic Patrol Boats
- 17 (1.9%)
Ferry
- 72 (8.2%)
Historic Ferry
- 23 (2.6%)
Other - (Please State In Post)
- 15 (1.7%)
War Ships
- 57 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 153

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: What Would You Like More Of In Ship Simulator  (Read 25454 times)

ABCRic

• Forum member
Re: What Would You Like More Of In Ship Simulator
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008, 10:55:02 »

HUGE Cruise Liners!
What should I write here?

paulusfiret

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2008, 14:10:08 »

Dear All,
Instead of going for 'quantaty' (good sales), I would strongly suggest to look now more to 'quality', meaning:
You tow a SOS vessel with force 8 from the North Sea towards the entrance of the NRW; Than you have to switch to 'Rotterdam' scenery and you find yourself suddenly in mirror condition water, between the two piers of Hoek van Holland. So, the most important simulation part- entering the NRW in bad weather with a heavy tow- is lost. This has nothing to do with simulation, but it is than just playing a game;
1) I think the developers should do at first a seamless transition feature between the several area's. (Silent Service has this for many years).
2) Than we should have controllable towing winches. (Flight sim is doing this)
3) Current/tides feature. I know there has been ask for before, but without these features there is no need to have sofisticated tugs in the game.

Harbour tugs can also tow over the bow. (steering assistance); in SS2006 I saw this feature but now in SS2008 I can not find it? Otherwise no point to do harbour shift tows.
Of course there are request for cargo- bunker- and ballast controls effecting drafts and stability, but we could wait a little longer for that, if the above was getting implemented.

Don't get me wrong: It is a great game, but I feel we are going too much for the 'commercial'.
k/rgd PF

jemagnussen

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2008, 18:39:16 »

Hi llamalord,

I'm looking forward to see the Dredger in Operation doing actual Dredging in some of the environments...

"MS Magnus"

Cpt. of "MS Magnus"

Nathan|C

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2008, 18:40:38 »

Hi llamalord,

I'm looking forward to see the Dredger in Operation doing actual Dredging in some of the environments...

"MS Magnus"

They certainly need it  ::)

Ship Sim

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2008, 18:46:43 »

War ships, Id love a bismark add on. ;D

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2008, 21:48:48 »

One word:  ::)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

Ship Sim

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2008, 06:25:25 »

One word:  ::)
Explane more. ::) Im starting to think you are complaning about my post. >:( Listen up everyone whos going to complain. IT IS MY OPINION..... I voted warships because no one has made a decent sim for warships. Im not saying that theyer guns have to fire, I had no plans on asking them to do so. I just would like to have a good size ship that dosent go 21 knots, Most large warships had a full speed over 29 knots. Id be happy with a Dostroyer of Corvette. On the old fourm, A guy was creating the Yamato class battle ship and everyone seemed happy. ::)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 07:19:32 by Ship Sim »

Ship Sim

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2008, 07:16:47 »

Llamalord, I need to know who you were talking about, Cause If it was me. I have plans to delete my account and make my next post my last. >:(

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2008, 09:45:08 »

my favorite ships are:

Easycruise Life(medium sized cruiseship), the Queen mary 2,megayacht octopus, icebreaker kapitan khlebnikov,some other different vessels like inland cargos and somekind of a dredger.(i have seen your dredger llamalord very impresive!)and maybe another big ferrie like silja serenade for example.  :)

but i prefer more other things like way more bridge control, people moving around the decks,light on the ships and city,moving cars e.g asking for assistents,using the lifeboats would be awsome! a realistic looking bridge, and using the cranes wich is standing onboard of the ship. actually i want to have more control over my own ship. that is the most important future in the game and will the game even make more look like a real simulator.  ;D

i know it is much but these are my biggest wishes in the next shipsim.   ;)

regards maritiem   

People can almost do anything, The only thing they can't is forgive each other.

Nathan|C

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2008, 09:49:38 »

Llamalord, I need to know who you were talking about, Cause If it was me. I have plans to delete my account and make my next post my last. >:(

Yes, he was talking about you. Don't delete your account, that would be silly.

If you look here, the developer clearly explainst that there is never going to be any warships in Ship Simulator, which is what Llamalords reply was about:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,2341.0.html

Capt. Le Velle

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2008, 05:47:46 »

Nathan what happened to your old account

Pain is weakness leaving the body-Special Ops Instructors.
http://www.freewebs.com/shipsimusa/

Brinch

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2008, 13:13:14 »

Voted -"Other"

1 - Realism. SS08 is getting better, however most ship dynamics still feel like there is to much resistance and to little inertia. Another point for realism is all cargo ships is on even keel, you will allmost never see this IRL and except for tanker and bulk cargo ships will rarely be seen loaded to the load lines.

2 - Realistic propulsion systems. Vermaas type of ships need a lowspeed reversing engine with all the limitations for this kind of propulsion, like limited amount of starting air pressure and limitations to what revs the engine can oprate at.
Ships with CPP like the supply vessel and Agile Solution need a true fixed RPM and/or combined modes
Waterjets need a makeover - the way it works now is pretty much of, major work over needed.

3 - Clutter. More stuff for towing, like Yokohama fenders, small barges, dredgers and such stuff, make the ports come alive. small piers which can be placed in the mission editor and a berthing for the double ended ferry also to be placed with the mission editor.

The next points are probably for the next version(s)

4 - Weather. Make wind influence the ships.

5 - Current. both in river and tidal scenarios. This will probably be a really tough one to implement, if done realistic.

6 - AI a more script based system for controlling the AI and some Intelligence to the AI so they will try to not run you down all the time.

Tyla

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2008, 14:30:42 »

I would love to see Carpathia, or other mid-sized historic ships of such. On another not, SS Canberra would be a sight for sore eyes  :D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Canberra

Lt Cdr West

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2008, 14:39:34 »

I would LOVE to see some war ships in there. Like HMS Ark Royal or even HMS Ocean.  ;D
HATO - Highways Agency Traffic Officer
Retired Police Officer

Nathan|C

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2008, 14:43:24 »

I would LOVE to see some war ships in there. Like HMS Ark Royal or even HMS Ocean.  ;D

VSTEP have said no military ships will be included in Ship Simulator unfortunately.

Ozy783

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2008, 21:57:14 »

VSTEP have said no military ships will be included in Ship Simulator unfortunately.

That sucks....... :-[
Ship Simulator 2006 & Ship Simulator 2006: Official Addon
Ship Simulator 2008 & Ship Simulator New Horizons
Ship Simulator Extremes & All DLC

My PC:
AMD Athlon x4 630 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
4096MB RAM
Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 (Approx. Total Memory: 2423MB)

Captain Tony

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2008, 03:04:05 »

I voted for cruiseliners and historic cruiseliners, since there was no "passenger ship" category. I'd like some of the big transatlantic liners, like SS France, SS United States, Queen Elizabeth (1940) and QE2 (1969), original Queen Mary (1936), and of course QM2.

But we do also need more realism. Like winches for the landing lines. Ships and cities lighting up at night, and please, PLEASE program the AI ships to "see" and avoid or yield to player vessels.

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2008, 03:08:42 »

If you stop right in their path they do stop but not if you try to overtake them they don't do anything which is more of what I think your looking for.

www.llamalord

Captain Tony

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2008, 03:16:07 »

If you stop right in their path they do stop but not if you try to overtake them they don't do anything which is more of what I think your looking for.

Not exactly, they were overtaking me as if I was not there. If you are moving two barges with the push boat, you won't get much speed, maybe 4 or 5 knots. The "AI" ships will attempt to overtake you and in the process they will sideswipe your vessel (or its barges) as they attempt to stay on their path. They just don't recognize that there is a player vessel in their path.

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2008, 03:24:56 »

I thought the AI in SS06 was better than in SS08 but, Hey it's a trade off. :-\

www.llamalord

Thruster

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2008, 18:54:47 »

How about a BIG RoRo-vessel like Stena Germanica, to compete with Pride of Rotterdam (it will bring more diversion in the game ;) )
All right, it isn't just as big as the Pride of Rotterdam, but she hasn't got such a bit of a strange back and has a higher cruise speed (at least than the game version).

Besides, she is beautifully white. And, most importantly, this is a big ferry which you can easily walk on. it has a nice sundeck at the back (behind the funnel), two decks to walk on over the whole lengt of the ship on both sides plus a big deck with heliplatform between the funnel and the bridge. At the back of the ship there are 'balconies' that are connected with the main deck by stairs.

Hope I convinced you  ;)

Regards,

Thruster

Ozy783

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2008, 21:10:05 »

I downloaded this from vstep

Quote from: Vstep
It has some amazing ships! Port of Rotterdam Incident Configurator

Interactive incident configurator for the Port of Rotterdam authorities. Used in a classroom training on incident management. The instructor can configure elements such as size of the fire, wind speed and direction, day/night, fog, and environment. The view can be changed between helicopter point of view or from an incident response ship nearby. After creating the virtual incident, the instructor discusses the best course of action with the class.

Maybe there could be some of these!

Direct Download Link
http://www.vstepvideos.com/download/VSTEP_Rotterdam_harbour.exe

If you don't trust me
http://www.vstepoffice.nl/vstep2006/scenario.php

The DDL is at the bottom of the page!

Regards:
            Oli
Ship Simulator 2006 & Ship Simulator 2006: Official Addon
Ship Simulator 2008 & Ship Simulator New Horizons
Ship Simulator Extremes & All DLC

My PC:
AMD Athlon x4 630 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
4096MB RAM
Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 (Approx. Total Memory: 2423MB)

Chrystine

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2008, 23:17:49 »

I voted for Yachts, Fishing Vessels and Small Fishing Boats – and ‘Other,’ as I’d as much love to have a nice Oceanographic Research Vessel – diving and surveying platform, sample(s) collection, tag & release ops., etc…
  That would be sweet!

Best regards,
  Chrystine

mvsmith

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2008, 09:26:12 »

Hi Chrystine,
I, too, would like to see at least one oceanographic research vessel. Naturally, I’d like it to be R/V Melville because she’s the one I spent the most sea time on—next to R/V Argo, a much smaller ship. I’d even defer to our sister institution and have R/V Knorr instead.
From your post, it sounds like you have done some marine biology. I was more into rock thumping—marine geophysics.
Regards,
Marty

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2008, 14:20:44 »

(it will bring more diversion in the game ;) )

Could you please explain that?

Biceaus I can't see how a big ferry can bring diversion in the game.
Maybe a small ferry or a wave piercing catamaran will bring diversion, but I don't think a big ferry will bring diversion.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines