Hello Guest May 21, 2024, 00:11:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SS professional  (Read 1518 times)

Tomaten

• Custom Mission Managers
SS professional
« on: November 25, 2008, 07:48:25 »

Why does Vstep put all our ideas in SS pro??
it got amazing water, a military boat (  :o )
It just feels like they have listened on our ideas and now they put them in a game that nearly no one can affort.
I just don't like it...
We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!
Also known as Tomaten 2006 from the old Ship Simulator 2006 forum.[/c

Bottman

• Global Moderator
Re: SS professional
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 08:44:50 »

Well, they have got some ideas themselfes... ::)

My thoughts are going the other way round: let them develop new and impressive things for the expensive pro-series and wait, until we get them in a slightly reduced version for the regular game a little later!

And keep in mind, that some new developments asking for more computer power for example. Guess a few users will be not happy, if there is a need to upgrade their PC every second year to follow the new specs of just one game. By the way, the frigate wasn't on the task list of VSTEP firstly. But they've got it and so there were demands to implement it into the pro version.

Regards
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 16:33:42 by Bottman »
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

mvsmith

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 09:33:17 »

Your ideas?
Very few worthwhile ideas have been posted on this forum that had not already been considered by the developers. It is arrogant to believe that VSTEP has to depend upon the members of this forum for ideas.

sonarman

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 12:48:52 »

I wonder if VStep is doing the right thing in pandering to the pro market which already has far more advanced training software than anything quest3d will probably ever manage while they have a virtual monopoly with Ship Simulator in the games sector.

TerryRussell

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 13:22:09 »

If you had access to such data, I think you might find that the sale of a single Pro version would give Vstep more profits than for the entire set of Shipyard sales.

I'm guessing, but basic economics would certainly indicate that. It's a little thing known as "Profit Margin".

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 13:29:25 »

You're right, Terry - if the pro-version sells as estimated. The first attempt with SS06-Pro indeed failed that target absolutely! But now we have a complete new game with loads of new features. In my opinion there is still a lack of some things to become a real pro-version, not just a semi-pro.

@mvsmith: You are quite hard, several ideas from the forum have been realized in the game since the beginning.

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Second Mate

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 14:09:01 »

i agree terry, looking at the number of people registering with the forum, which i guess is the the majority of players, how does VSTEP make any money from ss08 ?

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 14:27:44 »

Like pjotr says, he is very grateful for all in this forum gives him ideas to the game.

TerryRussell

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 14:47:03 »

i agree terry, looking at the number of people registering with the forum, which i guess is the the majority of players, how does VSTEP make any money from ss08 ?

I don't know what the actual sales are, so I couldn't hazard a guess. But I do wonder sometimes how many people don't join the Forum and then end up missing on all of the updates, add-ons, missions and other freebies.

There's probably no way to let those people know what they're missing.

Tomaten

• Custom Mission Managers
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 15:37:05 »

Okey Bottman, I do agre with you when you say it that way  :P
We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!
Also known as Tomaten 2006 from the old Ship Simulator 2006 forum.[/c

sonarman

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 15:44:25 »

I think that the main "problem" most players will have, is things like the advanced wave modelling being left out of the game version. It's a bit odd to have a ship simulator missing a key feature like this.

In my view the main differences between pro & games version should be things like instructor network scenario creation / intervention/communication, scenario event analysis, interfacing with professional maritime software hardware etc & not things like wave modelling , types of ships and bouyage, night  etc which should also be key features in the games version. Imagine MS Flight Simulator without wind, proper runway lighting etc.

This is closer to the model E-Sim games have used with the Tank Sim "Steel Beasts Pro" which has both public and military versions.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 15:46:35 by sonarman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines