Hello Guest May 10, 2024, 20:24:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: New vessels & environments  (Read 19554 times)

mvsmith

Re: New vessels & environments
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2008, 17:32:19 »

For those who have, or will get, Collector’s Edition, there is an excellent video included. It gives a good look into VSTEP, and much information on new developments in SS 2009—or 2010 as it is called in the included booklet “Captain’s Journal”.

The video has developers demonstrating the tools used to create Ship Simulator, and also shows the improved sea and harbor environments. Sidney is very impressive. They are also working on Bora Bora. SS2009 should be worth waiting for.

The video also introduces you to some of the developers, who seem to be real people—or very good CGI.

If you are considering getting the NH add-on, CE is a better deal. In addition to the extras, it offers a one-step installation instead of a half-dozen updates.

bbydino05

• Forum member
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2008, 14:00:17 »

well talking about a new vessel and environment jumbo jevelin is freee

but do you know of any missions

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2008, 14:50:21 »

Hi bbydino05,
When you get Jumbo Javelin from the Vstep website you also get 10 missions using that vessel. You should really check the information provided both here on the forum and on the shipsim website.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 16:00:22 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

mvsmith

« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2008, 16:26:58 »

Hi Angus,
I think that the JJ missions are found in Play > Custom missions instead of Play > Missions.
There are about ten missions for JJ there.
Regards,
Marty

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2008, 17:10:08 »

Hi Angus,
I think that the JJ missions are found in Play > Custom missions instead of Play > Missions.
There are about ten missions for JJ there.
Regards,
Marty

Marty

Yes, have only just found them there myself, I wonder why they load to Customs Missions when they are issued by VStep? Do you think that they can be manually moved?

Regards

Mike

mvsmith

« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2008, 18:11:54 »

Hi Mike.
They were in Custom missions while we were beta testing them.
That is actually a better place for them, in case it is necessary to revise them.
In the past, when it was necessary to correct a VSTEP-supplied mission by posting a new version for in-game download, the older flawed mission remained in Play > Missions—where it was a constant source of confusion.
They are, in fact, custom missions.

You can move them into Play > Missions if you like, but we can’t be responsible for any unintended consequences.
There is a difference in the way SS scans those two lists to get the displayed title from the file. The file name is not always the mission title.
The two lists are in different locations. Custom missions are in your user section and are preserved when you update SS. “Official” missions are in the SS program section, and may be overwritten when you update or re-install.
Regards,
Marty

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2008, 18:22:11 »

Marty

Succinctly put as usual. I'll leave them where they are!!

Mike

bbydino05

• Forum member
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2008, 01:04:21 »

Hi bbydino05,
When you get Jumbo Javelin from the Vstep website you also get 10 missions using that vessel. You should really check the information provided both here on the forum and on the shipsim website.
i didnt know it was under custom

DS1

• Forum member
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2008, 08:00:07 »

I think this is something we should need in ShipSim in future:

http://www.cruisebusiness.com/images/20080827/Pages%20from%20CBR_lehti_102-110.pdf

• The Helsinki-Tallinn route is one of the busiest in the world.
• Vessels range from catamarans to roro vessels and even pure cruise ferries.
• Cross the Gulf of Finland in about two hours year-round.
• Main operators between Helsinki - Tallinn: Tallink, Viking Line, Eckero Line, Linda Line

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:05:31 by DS1 »

scand

• Forum member
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2008, 06:47:08 »

I hate to say this but I have to agree with the lengthy post here. I have been envolved in Simulations dating back to DOS 5.0 and 6 and there are no simulations of that quality and graphics so fine today, thanks to Windows Operating System. Majority of the software companies of yesteryear are no longer writing Programs for the PC, Thanks to Microsoft.

Majority of the software today, due to the flaw in Windows, is iinferior.

Back to the topic, VSTEP should have had addtional ships in the works prior to the release of 2008 and NH.
I bought both the download version and the boxed version and also the two new ships and NH. Total cost slightly under or mayby slightly higher due to the currency conversion of the download version from $ to eros.  Any the boxed version was 1.3 and the download vesion 2.42. Now with NH beibng released, it was a task never before have seen to upgrade.  The Chart created showing the steps envolved looked more like the blueprint of the Empire State Building!

Also to add to to the confusion is the fact there are two mainin versions of Windows XP, the American Version and the European version. That comes into play here. If you noticed in most releases in European Software, two versions are available for purchase, American and European.  Only one is offered by VSTEP.

I have run numerous CUSTOM MISSIONS and have had problems that other players haven't had. True it is computer problems, but unlike hardware problem, problems are caused by software, uncontrollable by the user.

Also there was the major patch released rather than releasing a  new full release and having all previous vversions removed. Now you are having different versions  and new addons. There is a possibilty that on some user's PC's, the updates did not fully installed properly even though the lates version is displayed.

So really, you haven't missed very much by waiting.  You have saved yourself from a lot of confusion!

Alex

bbydino05

• Forum member
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2008, 15:31:47 »

I hate to say this but I have to agree with the lengthy post here. I have been envolved in Simulations dating back to DOS 5.0 and 6 and there are no simulations of that quality and graphics so fine today, thanks to Windows Operating System. Majority of the software companies of yesteryear are no longer writing Programs for the PC, Thanks to Microsoft.

Majority of the software today, due to the flaw in Windows, is iinferior.

Back to the topic, VSTEP should have had addtional ships in the works prior to the release of 2008 and NH.
I bought both the download version and the boxed version and also the two new ships and NH. Total cost slightly under or mayby slightly higher due to the currency conversion of the download version from $ to eros.  Any the boxed version was 1.3 and the download vesion 2.42. Now with NH beibng released, it was a task never before have seen to upgrade.  The Chart created showing the steps envolved looked more like the blueprint of the Empire State Building!

Also to add to to the confusion is the fact there are two mainin versions of Windows XP, the American Version and the European version. That comes into play here. If you noticed in most releases in European Software, two versions are available for purchase, American and European.  Only one is offered by VSTEP.

I have run numerous CUSTOM MISSIONS and have had problems that other players haven't had. True it is computer problems, but unlike hardware problem, problems are caused by software, uncontrollable by the user.

Also there was the major patch released rather than releasing a  new full release and having all previous vversions removed. Now you are having different versions  and new addons. There is a possibilty that on some user's PC's, the updates did not fully installed properly even though the lates version is displayed.

So really, you haven't missed very much by waiting.  You have saved yourself from a lot of confusion!

Alex

you mean 1.4.2

scand

• Forum member
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2008, 19:16:07 »

Yes.

Alex

TerryRussell

« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2008, 09:52:44 »

Gentlemen,

this thread has been somewhat depressing since it started. Last night it degenerated further with one member becoming most foul-mouthed and abusive.

As a resul, a moderator moved the thread to a location where it couldn't be accessed.

The abusive member has now departed. I have cleaned this thread up somewhat and will now return it to where it can be viewed again.

But, if things deteriorate again, I'll just wipe it completely.

Please think happy thoughts, siing merry songs and tell hilarious jokes around the fireplace.

Thanks for your co-operation.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 18:12:47 by TerryRussell »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines