Hello Guest May 15, 2024, 00:56:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: An amazing Titanic monument and memorial: a new Titanic!  (Read 13367 times)

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
Re: An amazing Titanic monument and memorial: a new Titanic!
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2008, 22:20:55 »

That above is my point
The organization needs some financial help, and their goal is set on this year.

We aren't sending them our money.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 22:39:10 by RMS Gigantic »

Eemspoort

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2008, 06:15:11 »

The organization needs some financial help, and their goal is set on this year.

We aren't sending them our money.

Your right, we will not send them money. Therefore, they will never raise any money. So this project stranded before it even started. Wich is a good thing. Because if this project would take a start, then somebody will be very happy to go on a looooong vacation with other peoples money.  :-\

And IrishJack, i know what you said, i read the whole thread. ;) I just wanted to strongen your points.

Let it be, Gigantic, it's a worthless project. In fact, it isn't a project at all. It's just a scam, or at the best, a nice dream that will never come out.
Only serious big company's could start a project like this.

m/s "Eemspoort"
1961, Hilgers A.G.-Rheinbröhl
76,2 x 8,20 x 2,72 mtr, 1085 ton
Deutz RBV 6 M 545, 800 HP @ 380 rpm
Daf KMD 250.2, 250 HP @ 1800 rpm, bowthruster

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2008, 14:30:29 »

It's just a scam
What solid evidence do you have of this?

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2008, 14:41:32 »

Here's a thought: if this thing was known to truely be a scam, wouldn't the government have shut this thing down by now? The site's been up for a number of years!

TJK

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2008, 14:49:14 »

Here are a site RMS Titanic museum
http://www.titanicinbelfast.com/welcome.aspx

Here's a thought: if this thing was known to truely be a scam, wouldn't the government have shut this thing down by now? The site's been up for a number of years
[quoteThe site's been up for a number of years!][/quote]
That says well all, now one has gone to this scam then, have you prove at this as for real?
This was post 54 of this meaningless thing.
Titanic is gone for ewer and it will not be a new one, they had a plan for about 30 years ago to build Titanic 2 seek on BBC's website their you will find some about that project.
TJK

the website of TiTANiCTRiBUTE 2012
http://www.titanictribute2012.com/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 15:04:41 by TJK »

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2008, 15:03:52 »

That says well all, now one has gone to this scam then, have you prove at this as for real?
This was post 54 of this meaningless thing.
Titanic is gone for ewer and it will not be a new one, they had a plan for about 30 years ago to build Titanic 2 seek on BBC's website their you will find some about that project.
TJK

I don't see this as a scam, because I can see how a project by a company that no one's ever heard of wouldn't make "global news headlines". I can also see how an unpopular company wouldn't have the flashiest or most popular website in the world.

The following criteria do NOT make a scam:
not popular
not a flashy site
not being "global headlines" (may I remind you this project is still in the research stage)

The following criteria is where it's safe to presume something is a scam:
asking for YOUR money directly out of YOUR wallet
saying you get something free for giving money

TJK

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2008, 15:12:33 »

That's now prove it's real and how mutes money do you think this will cost?
Sorry i don't believe it and for me there are only one Titanic :'( sad she lyes on the  sea floor sad but that's the trot :'( :'( So if it will be a Titanic2 it's Will never be R.M.S Titenic :'(  Just a sadly copy
TJK ;)

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2008, 22:03:16 »

That's now prove it's real and how mutes money do you think this will cost?
Sorry i don't believe it and for me there are only one Titanic :'( sad she lyes on the  sea floor sad but that's the trot :'( :'( So if it will be a Titanic2 it's Will never be R.M.S Titenic :'(  Just a sadly copy
TJK ;)

I can't bear the idea that Titanic will never be seen in her former greatness.... :'(

This is the closest we'll ever get to seeing her.... :'(

Just drop by the site (the one in my frst post) once in a while, and time will show if this is real....
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 22:18:14 by RMS Gigantic »

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2008, 22:21:14 »

oops! got their months mixed up! Rereading the info reveals that they plan to be fully into the research phase in May, and registered as a company/start the planning stage in October....

Ship Sim

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2008, 05:01:49 »

I dont mean to depress anyone. But... I dont think anything like this will ever happen. Reasons are below

1. Hull is not modern. Without the bulbus ( Im sure I spelled it rong.) it will have greater resistance to water.

2. As I said above the desigen is not areodinamic and will resist the wind. Increase drag.

3. If no one has noticed. Ships are not built with coal fired boilers anymore. so coal power is out of the question and would probably make the ships company pay fines for polution. (It would have to run off disiel fuel)

4. Sorry to tell you but the cost probably out weigh the profit. There are ships that are faster, bigger and to some people (not all) more luxturious. <- cant remember how to spell the word.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2008, 06:56:56 »

Show me a ship that's more luxurious than the queen of the sea. I'm curious. :-\

TJK

« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2008, 15:07:09 »

Look here RMS Gigantic here are she TITANIC 2 and the forum obout her

http://www.titanic.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=121&amp;forum=1&amp;post_id=20362

« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 15:21:22 by TJK »

TJK

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2008, 15:15:07 »

Show me a ship that's more luxurious than the queen of the sea. I'm curious. :-\
  Independent of the sea are the most luxurious ship on the sea now, and are the biggest in the world
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 15:19:23 by TJK »

Ship Sim

« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2008, 16:08:14 »

Got  to remember I said SOME My self I like titanics desigen. I like ships with a older designe. ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 16:11:25 by Ship Sim »

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2008, 19:57:28 »

Look here RMS Gigantic here are she TITANIC 2 and the forum obout her

http://www.titanic.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=121&amp;forum=1&amp;post_id=20362

Who said anything about Titanic 2? I'm talking about Titanic here! The replica's name will be Titanic, with an almost identical design! (the exception is the stuff that is manditory today, but that will be hidden or disguised, leaving a look identical to the original!)

TJK

« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2008, 01:29:36 »

Here are some facts about
Thomas Andrews Trans-Atlantic Line
Who?
Josh Behn,president,Ben Fields, http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=12145457
and others
What?
"full sized,near exact replica" (called Titanic)
When?
Centennial in April 2012
Website?
Yes
What For?
Transatlantic crossings and historical cruises
"Every voyage would be a historical recreation of life on Titanic...minus the iceberg and sinking"
Comments
Of all the proposals,the most determined to replicate the original as closely as possible...down to the 1st/2nd/3rd class accomodations and menus and keeping all modernized elements camouflaged out of sight. Behn wants to avoid any structural or visible difference from the 1912 original wherever possible.
Coal powered,for a while had number of passengers clipped to 900 to minimize increase in lifeboat capacity.Crew 900 also.

Has sent inquiry to Harland & Wolff and implies future of project may hinge on response.H&W wants to see financing,he is looking for backers.

Despite long lead time,in 1998 was taking reservations for 2012 voyage. Estimated ticket prices astoundingly cheap,$1000 3rd/$2000 2nd/$4000 1st,now retracted in favor of "all under $10,000".

Associated with the Raise The Titanic Foundation which recently abandoned hope of refloating the original and closed its website.

Announced in late December 1998 that they would "open the company's doors in mid-2001"...not moving 2012 target date,but they are currently without financing and will suspend seeking it until Behn has more time on his hands.Reservation-taking was also suspended.

In February 2001 announced,"returning as we said we would... essentially starting from scratch...".Intending this time to do "research",making no public announcements until funding has been secured in response to a prospectus based on the research,and a SOLAS-compliant design.Financing and arrangements targeted for 2008, and sailing remaining set for 2012 centennial.

Formerly used names White Star Line Inc., Trans Atlantic Inc.
Based in Massachusetts and in Utah(Behn,from Brockton,is a BYU student).

Contact
Josh Behn(AOL address)
Josh Behn(college address)
Josh Behn(new address)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 01:50:56 by TJK »

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2008, 01:46:46 »

Here are some fakts Firts off, there is no "k" in "facts", lol about
Thomas Andrews Trans-Atlantic Line
Who?
Josh Behn,president,Ben Fields, http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=12145457
and others
What?
"full sized,near exact replica" (called Titanic)
When?
Centennial in April 2012
Website?
Yes
What For?
Transatlantic crossings and historical cruises
"Every voyage would be a historical recreation of life on Titanic...minus the iceberg and sinking" This line makes my lol ;D
Comments
Of all the proposals,the most determined to replicate the original as closely as possible...down to the 1st/2nd/3rd class accomodations and menus and keeping all modernized elements camouflaged out of sight. Behn wants to avoid any structural or visible difference from the 1912 original wherever possible. I love this part about them! ;D
Coal powered,for a while had number of passengers clipped to 900 to minimize increase in lifeboat capacity.Crew 900 also.

Has sent inquiry to Harland & Wolff and implies future of project may hinge on response. I hope this goes well! H&W wants to see financing, <-- Why I keep visiting the site: give them cash from hits! he is looking for backers.

Despite long lead time,in 1998 was taking reservations for 2012 voyage. Estimated ticket prices astoundingly cheap,$1000 3rd/$2000 2nd/$4000 1st,now retracted in favor of "all under $10,000".

Associated with the Raise The Titanic Foundation which recently abandoned hope of refloating the original and closed its website.

Announced in late December 1998 that they would "open the company's doors in mid-2001"...not moving 2012 target date,but they are currently without financing and will suspend seeking it until Behn has more time on his hands.Reservation-taking was also suspended.

In February 2001 announced,"returning as we said we would... essentially starting from scratch...".Intending this time to do "research",making no public announcements until funding has been secured in response to a prospectus based on the research,and a SOLAS-compliant design.Financing and arrangements targeted for 2008, and sailing remaining set for 2012 centennial.

Formerly used names White Star Line Inc., Trans Atlantic Inc.
Based in Massachusetts and in Utah(Behn,from Brockton,is a BYU student).

Contact
Josh Behn(AOL address)
Josh Behn(college address)
Josh Behn(new address)
my comments are in bold
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 01:50:12 by RMS Gigantic »

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2008, 02:29:44 »

Old news, guys!
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,1884.msg18936.html#msg18936

http://www.put.com/gigantic/

CaptainSpencer must be chuckling over the déjà vu. ;D

Marty

lol yeh this is defo Dejavu!!

I can't believe people fall for these kind of things. It's so fake even the most simple minded person can understand - or can they!?
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

TJK

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2008, 09:56:11 »

lol yeh this is defo Dejavu!!

I can't believe people fall for these kind of things. It's so fake even the most simple minded person can understand - or can they!?

I are so agree with you , but lat him haw this little naive dream ;D
This are like at this  is trot

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2008, 15:20:34 »

I are so agree with you , but lat him haw this little naive dream ;D
This are like at this  is trot

^So many spelling errors, it's hard to understand^

Sorry, but it's true!

TJK

« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2008, 15:43:11 »

^So many spelling errors, it's hard to understand^

Sorry, but it's true!
here are the translation fore you: I are so agree with you CaptainSpencer , but lat him haw this little naive dream  TJK
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 15:45:01 by TJK »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2008, 18:56:05 »

Hiya all :)

I'd like to point something out here if I may.  Forum members are from many different Countries, and not all have English as a first language.  A little more understanding towards your fellow members isn't that difficult :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

TJK

« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2008, 19:13:24 »

HI
Thanks for that DJM we non English speaking members do our best, we do not use English daily so misunderstanding can happens and are the something you don't understand, joust pm and you got a pm back, with a explanations watt we mean.
Kind Regards
TJK

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2008, 00:05:40 »

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2008, 00:10:12 »

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone.

Hiya RMS Gigantic :)

When we post comments like I did above, they're not aimed at one specific member.  We're aware that all members read these posts, and it's just a polite reminder :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines