Hello Guest May 18, 2024, 23:20:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Simulator Extremes-unlocking the secrets  (Read 377979 times)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
Re: Ship Simulator Extremes-unlocking the secrets
« Reply #775 on: May 10, 2010, 21:07:48 »

Agreed, but corrected

I agree we need DCitSE pics

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #776 on: May 10, 2010, 22:26:35 »

They can't hide everything for ever. But a pic of DC(ITSE) would be very much appreciated.
Even better if it had a SR-N4  Incat  Saipem 7000 in the middle of it.

Agreed, but corrected again.
keep it gnarly

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #777 on: May 10, 2010, 22:31:08 »

Agreed, but corrected again.

No, just no

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #778 on: May 10, 2010, 22:38:54 »

No, just no

Why?

Just imagine this standing in the middle of DCITSE!  :2thumbs:

keep it gnarly

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #779 on: May 10, 2010, 22:40:18 »

:o

That would be impressive

Though to be fair a picture of DCitSE alone would be something - we have seen next to nothing of this environment...

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #780 on: May 10, 2010, 22:57:25 »

This is blasphemy. How dare you cross out SR-N4 and put (I spit at the word) 'Incat'.

Have you no appreciation for British Engineering? What would Ismbard Kingdom Brunel say of this?
Almost never here, try here.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #781 on: May 11, 2010, 11:38:09 »

If it was just my system you really think you would see plenty of posts about it on the forums?
Also the lag that is messing up with some servers causing your ships to sink isnt really helping either.

And i played it last night aswell , spend like 30 min. going through new york with a latitude.
Then all the sudden the game decided to crash.

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,12580.msg151656.html#msg151656
I find it odd that you are so certain your system is fine for the game and yet when asked to post your Dxdiag some time ago you appear to have declined to do so.  So very many players find the game to be playable without the problems you describe that it does really seem strange that more do not make the same complaint.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #782 on: May 11, 2010, 12:05:16 »

Happy now ?
Still doesnt change the fact that ship simulator really need to spend way more time on more details to be called a proper simulator.
Right now trying to get a huge tanker from point a to point b can be done in a way to simple way.

Things like low and high tides.
Being able to moar your ship online , something that cant be done in multiplayer except with anchors.
Also with the new released ships like the inland ships where to bow proppeller isnt working like it does in real.
Also being able to change from full ahead to full back goes way to fast , most ships you have to wait a few seconds before being able to do this.

I can go on and on with this and give plenty of reasons why this ship isnt really a good simulator.
Things that are small details which can make the game way and way better on the simulator part.

Then again if you have to pay over 4000 euro's to get something like that i find that pretty much a rip off , i might aswell just steer the ship on my work a bit more then.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 12:09:45 by Daisai »

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #783 on: May 11, 2010, 12:13:24 »

I am neither happy or unhappy really. I do think you are very rude though. However as was pointed out on January 20th, 2009, your graphics card is actually "stealing" 1279MB of memory from your RAM. The RAM is 3070MB which with the 1279MB subtracted leaves only 1791MB of RAM free to play the game. If you care to read the requirements for the game when using Vista you will find that a minimum of 2000MB is needed. Thus you problem would appear to be quite clear. I trust then, that you too, might be happy now.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #784 on: May 11, 2010, 12:17:52 »

As far as i can see its also 32bit Vista. That can only realistically use 3.5GB RAM. So with your card stealing memory from your RAM and only limited to 3.5GB with 32 bit, your options are limited as to a remedy.
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #785 on: May 11, 2010, 12:38:41 »

Shared memory doesnt really effect it that much , it only uses some of it if it needs to.

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #786 on: May 11, 2010, 12:43:53 »

In a game such as Ship Sim with high intensity graphics, it does effect it quite a lot. If your card needs more RAM to display the graphics, it leaves the overal system short to effectively run the game properly. This could actually be the root of your issues.
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #787 on: May 11, 2010, 13:09:14 »

How come i dont have this problem then with other way high demanding games ?
Cant seem to change the shared memory in the bios it seems.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #788 on: May 11, 2010, 13:33:55 »

Happy now ?
Still doesnt change the fact that ship simulator really need to spend way more time on more details to be called a proper simulator.
Right now trying to get a huge tanker from point a to point b can be done in a way to simple way.

Things like low and high tides.
Being able to moar your ship online , something that cant be done in multiplayer except with anchors.
Also with the new released ships like the inland ships where to bow proppeller isnt working like it does in real.
Also being able to change from full ahead to full back goes way to fast , most ships you have to wait a few seconds before being able to do this.

If ShipSim would have all the functions and possibilities you've mentioned, the game would be inaccessible for most players.  I am sure i don't have to mention to you that there are qualified officers with years of experience required 'to sail a huge tanker from A to B'.

It's the crew that makes the difference

abcabcabc5000

• Forum member
« Reply #789 on: May 11, 2010, 13:36:30 »

How come i dont have this problem then with other way high demanding games ?
Cant seem to change the shared memory in the bios it seems.

I don't really know what other high demanding games you're referring to, but 3GB ram is definitely not that High-End for ship simulator. I have 6GB ram and I have no problems with it, I can even play Ship Simulator smoothly on maximum setting, 1920x1080 plus forced 8X AA...... so it should be your computer problem.

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #790 on: May 11, 2010, 13:38:15 »

If ShipSim would have all the functions and possibilities you've mentioned, the game would be inaccessible for most players.  I am sure i don't have to mention to you that there are qualified officers with years of experience required 'to sail a huge tanker from A to B'.

Such as ballast  ::)

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #791 on: May 11, 2010, 13:43:16 »

You really think that would make the game unplayable ?
Things like low and high tides are pretty simple for anyone who puts a little intrest in ships.

And yes things like ballast would be nice aswell , for example in the port of hamburg so some ships can pass some bridges.

And i dont have 3gb of ram i have 4gb of ram + 1gb of vid memory.

mvsmith

« Reply #792 on: May 11, 2010, 13:46:22 »

Shared memory doesnt really effect it that much , it only uses some of it if it needs to.

Ship Simulator always needs to. It takes all of the memory that it can grab.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #793 on: May 11, 2010, 13:56:36 »

You really think that would make the game unplayable ?
Things like low and high tides are pretty simple for anyone who puts a little intrest in ships.

Well there's the first problem that new players would face - How do you adjust for set and drift caused by the tide?

At the middle of the sea you probably won't be bothered much, you make an educated guess while you are enjoying your coffee. But to stay in the sphere of sailing your 'huge tanker from A to B' - Sailing with an 18 meters draft vessel in the Eurogeul with 6 knots current coming in from abeam, an educated guess won't do the job  ::)

I agree with you that ShipSim isn't perfect at this stage, but for now it's the closest to the real thing that a player can get for an affordable price. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 14:00:15 by Ballast »
It's the crew that makes the difference

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #794 on: May 11, 2010, 14:05:55 »

Ship Simulator always needs to. It takes all of the memory that it can grab.

Ah well suppose ill just buy a extra 4gb of memory when i return home.

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #795 on: May 11, 2010, 14:14:20 »

I think your system is 32bit according to your dxdiag. 32bit only recognises 3.5 or something like that as the max. You could shoe-horn in 16GB RAM but the system would still only recognise 3.5GB. There maybe ways around that but im not too sure. If you were to add extra RAM im not sure it would have any effect - someone correct me if im wrong  ;D

mvsmith

« Reply #796 on: May 11, 2010, 14:28:43 »

Ah well suppose ill just buy a extra 4gb of memory when i return home.
You will need to switch to Windows 7 64-bit in order to use that extra memory.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 14:33:08 by mvsmith »

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #797 on: May 11, 2010, 16:55:14 »

Even better. Buy a decent Graphic card with at least 512 MB DDR Ram ON-BOARD. Then switch off the internal Graphic card and be surprised.  !:)
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #798 on: May 11, 2010, 17:54:48 »

The 2 i have already got 512 mb each + shared memory.

hansi26

• Forum member
« Reply #799 on: May 15, 2010, 17:00:28 »

Why?

Just imagine this standing in the middle of DCITSE!  :2thumbs:

this one i standing in stavanger norway
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines