Hello Guest July 27, 2024, 07:46:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Which ferry or car ferry would you like to see added to Ship Sim in the future?  (Read 95042 times)

RJK

• Forum member

How about this one?

http://www.ssbadger.com/newhome.aspx

S.S. BADGER FACTS

A little history, a lot of fun!

The S.S. Badger offers the largest cross-lake passenger service on the Great Lakes and an authentic steamship experience. The relaxing four-hour, 60-mile cruise takes passengers, autos, RVs, tour buses, motorcycles, bicycles, and commercial trucks across Lake Michigan between Ludington, Michigan and Manitowoc, Wisconsin from mid-May through mid-October.

DIMENSIONS:

Length: 410 feet 

Width: 59 feet, 6 inches

Height: 106 feet, 9 inches (7 stories)

Weight: 6650 tons displaced

Amenities: Outside deck areas , deli-style snack bar , buffet-style dining area , private staterooms , upper deck lounge , aft end lounge , video arcade , children's playroom , gift shop/ship's store , free quiet room/museum , two free TV lounges , free movie lounge , and FREE parking at both terminals for passengers not taking vehicles on the ship.

Staterooms: 40

Propellers: Two cast steel, 4-blade propellers, 13' 10'' in diameter and weighing 13,800 pounds each

Anchors: Two Stockless anchors weighing 7,000 pounds each

Engines: Two Skinner Unaflow four-cylinder steam engines
rated 3,500 horsepower at 125 RPM (total 7,000 horsepower). The Badger's propulsion system burns domestic fuel, and is designated as a mechanical engineering landmark by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.

Boilers: Four Foster-Wheeler "D - type" coal-burning

Average speed: 18 miles per hour (15.6 knots)

Number of crew members on each trip: 50-60

Capacity: 620 passengers, 180 automobiles, tour buses, RVs, motorcycles, and commercial trucks

Number of crossings per season: Approx. 490

Years in service: Built and launched in 1952; began daily service on March 21, 1953 (For more on the history of the S.S. Badger and car ferry service on Lake Michigan, click here)

« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 22:58:18 by RJK »

captain03

• Forum member
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 12:40:54 by captain03 »

dannyman1995

• Forum member

I Would Love Dover And calais Ports Alongside MV Pride Of Dover

http://www.poferriesenthusiasts.co.uk/fleet/podover/externalphotographs07.html

There you can find pictures of all the P&O Ferries Current & Past Fleet Also Deatails Of The Ships

captain03

• Forum member

Denis

• Global Moderator

Hi Captain03,

I think all of us are starting to know what your favorite ships look like ... Maybe you should have started a topic named "Pictures of my favorite ferries" ! it's hard to follow the discussion with all the picture there are to download when you load a page of this topic !!

By the way, your pictures are fine, but it wasn't the initial purpose of this topic - or  the subject text isn't well choosen !

captain03

• Forum member

Nathanael

• Forum member

Maybe he doesnt speak english  :-\

Captin Button

• Forum member

Hi, i would like to see the Pride of Dover in Shipsimulator. It would be interesting to see this classic ship in ship sim. (or the port of Dover would make a good enviroment as well) ;D

Captin Button

• Forum member

If Captin03 shows his rescect to his 'Ferries' i would be glad to join in.

orcades

• Forum member

What is the point in adding extra ferries, if the present ferries have crap handling characteristics, surely it would be more like sense to get the present ferries up to scratch. As opposed to adding more crap handling ships.

Cheers,

Person264

• Forum member

What do you mean by rubbish handling?

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member

Color magic and pride of York!
DiamondEagleDB09rms On youtube! Now with New Playlist!
<br />Thanks to TJK for this awesome Sig!

feli

I would like to see th Enez Sun III from Bretagne in France:
ENEZ SUN III (1991)
250 passengers
2 x 1700 CV  /15 knots
Bow thruster
stabilisers

Gloat

• Forum member

İstanbul Car Ferries
LxB                       :73x18
Speed                   :12.5
Passenger Capacity :600
Vehicle Capacity     :80

Istanbul car ferries for me too! I have very close relations in Turkey, And I would like to say the Izmir Car ferries are actually a bit better. They are generally the same. I would also like the istanbul normal ferry.

Come and join us at the ship sim wiki! www.shipsimulator.wikia.com
Head Aministrator at Ship Simulator wiki.

andrej

• Forum member

JADROLINIJA
ferryboat I S T R A
Loa: 92,66 m
Speed: 15 / 19,5 knots
year of bulld: 1966.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 20:35:30 by andrej »

andrej

• Forum member

JADROLINIJA
ferryboat I S T R A
Loa: 92,66 m
Speed: 15 / 19,5 knots
year of bulld: 1966.

jim.smith

How about Condor Ferries from Weymouth to the Channel Islands

Capt Jim

matt5674

i would want every ferry on the earth in a future ship simulator

captain03

• Forum member

Marmara Pendik-Yalova's Ferry-Cat

captain03

• Forum member

captain03

• Forum member

FOYEN

We have enough quantity of ferries here in SS: Red Eagle, Red Jet 4, Pride of Rotterdam. And you still want more, or you think that something is still missed in the SS Ferry Service? It should be named "Ferry Simulator" then.  :D

Maybe I'm not a ferry fan, but if you ask me which ferry I'd like to see in future SS, the answer will be so:

http://www.shipspotting.com/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=691181

But I'm 100% sure that this ship won't be added here just like lots of other requests  :-\
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 21:34:03 by FOYEN »

bbydino05

• Forum member

We have enough quantity of ferries here in SS: Red Eagle, Freedom 90, Red Jet 4, Pride of Rotterdam & even a Taxi. And you still want more, or you think that something is still missed in the SS Ferry Service? It should be named "Ferry Simulator" then.  :D

Maybe I'm not a ferry fan, but if you ask me which ferry I'd like to see in future SS, the answer will be so:

http://www.shipspotting.com/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=691181

But I'm 100% sure that this ship won't be added here just like lots of other requests  :-\
actually the freedom 90 and the water taxi are passenger ships not really ferries

matt5674

i never saw ferries in real life but after getting ss08 its like im on them real time and i really like to see ferry pride of hull
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines