Hello Guest September 21, 2024, 23:53:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bugsier 2  (Read 1997 times)

shipmania2007

• Forum member
Bugsier 2
« on: August 16, 2008, 11:01:20 »

Hello,

im not sure if this is the wrong place, but every time i tap a wall or a boat with the bugsier 2 it always sinks, my damage was on 14% and it sunk in like 20 secound

is this meant to happen or is it a glicth?
;) I love this game

Capt.Bluebeard

Re: Bugsier 2
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 11:06:34 »

Hello,

im not sure if this is the wrong place, but every time i tap a wall or a boat with the bugsier 2 it always sinks, my damage was on 14% and it sunk in like 20 secound

is this meant to happen or is it a glicth?
If the damage are under the water line you sink even with 2% demage
is this meant to happen?
so yes

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 11:12:59 »

Best then to avoid touching anything which could cause a problem. B2 is very prone to damage, so if you do not crash her she will not sink. Any ship holed below the waterline is liable to sink if the water comes in fast. I always pretend I am using eggshells as fenders and I don't want to break them. ;) (see picture)

Angus.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 11:20:42 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Alex Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 12:25:27 »

It is possible to touch walls, ships and anything else with B2, but only at a very low pace. In real life, would you thump a wall at greater than 2knots in something that big without causing damage?
If you are pushing up on a latitude to assist in a berthing though for example, you must ensure that you do not slide along the hull - when you make contact, make it carefully, and when you are pushing, do not allow your tug to slide, or you will cause damage. I am aware of quite a number of users on multiplayer who will not allow others to push on them since they think they will get damage, where infact that need not be the case.

Traddles: since she's a tractor tug, B2 would be best suited 180 degrees around for that kind of tow, so that the propulsion is at the stern - it helps towing quite a bit :)

-Alex

NathanC

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 13:17:27 »

It's strange, i can push a Latitude with a B2 with no damage  ???

Alex Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 13:54:20 »

It's strange, i can push a Latitude with a B2 with no damage  ???

So you're being careful then, and only touching at a very slow pace? - anything else and I'd guess you've got the bump protection on ;)

A good run on control is to get latitude going along at around 5knots, and then go in from the side and push up without making fast whilst still holding your stern in position.

-Alex

NathanC

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 14:07:26 »

Slowly nudge the Lat, then build up the throttle  ;)

shipmania2007

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 14:23:35 »

thanks for the advice  :D
;) I love this game

Alex Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 23:35:12 »

To get the best towing control with B2 since she's a tractor tug, something like this is what you're looking for....

With this rope setup, it does almost handle realistically, although without the wind or current it does make it easier.

-Alex

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines