Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 12:37:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could someone help me on something?  (Read 2764 times)

Captain Kool

• Forum member
Could someone help me on something?
« on: August 02, 2008, 12:03:56 »

G'day.

I was thinking of buying GOLD edition of SS08.

However. I saw in many Youtube videos, and all the steering controls weren't the same [Not onboard ones in the wheelhouse, the UI ones that you can turn on/off.] E.G. The Latitude has a semi steering wheel and the UI wheel would be a full circle [which would be the same for all ships].

Has this changed for EVERY individual ship? I hope so.

Also have they changed the damage so the SAR boat [The one in demo not sure of its name] [which has RUBBER ring to protect from damage to other ships] so that it actually acts like there is rubber there [causes no damage].

I am sorry if this isn't making very clear sense, I am tired - been working etc.

Could someone also please post a video up on youtube showing the new bridges, and controls?

Also is multiplayer anygood? whats the lag like?

AND... the improved water visuals - is that for all harbours/oceans or just padstow...

Ahh also... does the Agile Solution, Fast ferry, and other ships that in real life would/does have both bow, and stern thrusters have, well... bow and stern thrusters?

Cheers :]

« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 12:34:06 by Captain Kool »

NathanC

Re: Could someone help me on something?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 13:47:06 »

Ahh also... does the Agile Solution, Fast ferry, and other ships that in real life would/does have both bow, and stern thrusters have, well... bow and stern thrusters?

The Agile Solution and Red Jet 4 do not have stern thrusters in real and so not in the game either.

With Bow Thrusters

Pride of Rotterdam
Vermaas
Harbour Tug
P6 Police Boat
Agile Solution
Classic Yacht
Freedom 90
RPA 12

With Bow and Stern Thrusters

Fairmount Sherpa

Without any Thrusters

Arie Visser
Furie
Herkules Atlas
JetSki
Igor.K
Marbella Delight
Northern Star
Pioneer
Powerboat
Red Jet
Titanic
Latitude
Water Taxi

With Azimuths

Ocean Star
Bugsier 2

With Voith Schneider (No Need for Thrusters)

Red Eagle
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 12:46:03 by NathanC »

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 23:06:16 »

Alright, cheers.. So the ferries now much be using Voith Schnider controls? The big wheel was highly inaccurate - it's like driving a car.

Have they individualised the controls uniquely to each boat?

TerryRussell

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 23:34:47 »

To clarify Nathan's list (and fix the hovercraft error):

Freedom 90 does have thrusters (the two jets at the front)

Red Jet, Red Eagle, Ocean Star and Bugsier 2 all have various types of swivelling propulsion and so don't need thrusters as they can be made to move sideways by ajusting the controls appropriately.

mvsmith

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 01:05:54 »

To answer some of your other questions:
Red Eagle is the one ship that uses Voith-Schneider propellers. There are many posts, and a lengthy topic on the VSP. Here is that topic:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,2550.msg26287.html#msg26287

In addition, INFO.pdf and the Mission Editor tutorial give additional instructions for maneuvering Red Eagle:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,2886.0.html

The UI controls for a ship are often very similar to those on the bridge, but there are often differences in size or appearance. The biggest difference is perhaps in Titanic, where the Engine Order Telegraph is replaced by the simple throttles.
The jetski has a wheel in the UI.

I don’t bother with MP, so someone else can answer, or you can just read posts in the Multiplayer section, if you can access it. Lag is a serious problem, depending partly on your connection speed.
Marty
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 02:48:03 by mvsmith »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines