Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 16:19:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What a fantastic little Tug!-Post your Furie Picture's here!  (Read 17021 times)

Captain Best

• Forum member
Re: What a fantastic little Tug!-Post your Furie Picture's here!
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 18:32:57 »

Thanks ;D i've been taking lots of pictures of the Furie, its a nice vessel. :)

Thanks,
Jack.
is it easy to handle and steering with the ship?

NathanC

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 18:55:20 »

is it easy to handle and steering with the ship?

She turns nicely, but going full ahead she takes her time to stop (but that's realistic, and you can't argue with that)

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2008, 07:22:20 »

Yes, she's just what you'd expect, realistic, but i actually think she's very good as far as controlling her goes ;)

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 07:23:08 »

LOL Nathan, i just realised, we both look the same now hahahaha, with the avatar and Signature's hahaha
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008, 11:44:37 »

LOL Nathan, i just realised, we both look the same now hahahaha, with the avatar and Signature's hahaha
when i got Furie You Can Expect the same from me ;D maybe Elbe too :D

NathanC

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 15:06:46 »

haha, true, we both love the Furie - difference is, you're still putting her through what she was built for, i'm using her as a museum piece  :D

Actually, when you think about it the Furie never got much of a chance as a tug, she was used in the Paper industry for most of her life, and now she's a museum piece

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 07:23:07 »

haha, true, we both love the Furie - difference is, you're still putting her through what she was built for, i'm using her as a museum piece  :D

Actually, when you think about it the Furie never got much of a chance as a tug, she was used in the Paper industry for most of her life, and now she's a museum piece

To me she's a "Work Horse" (that looks nice), not just to sit there and look good haha. But i have to admit, i do like to just sail her around like you as well.

Where did you find all of this information Nathan? if there's a website to this info i'd gladly take a look.

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

NathanC

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2008, 15:58:18 »

To me she's a "Work Horse" (that looks nice), not just to sit there and look good haha. But i have to admit, i do like to just sail her around like you as well.

Where did you find all of this information Nathan? if there's a website to this info i'd gladly take a look.

Jack.

Jack, here is the English version of the Furie site, with lots of info!

http://english.furie.nl/

And now some pictures of the real thing

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2008, 20:19:01 »

Isnt the Furie on Sea of guiding people on the sea when she's drive?

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2008, 21:03:35 »

i know she is sea going but is she still used as a tug

NathanC

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2008, 06:14:55 »

No, shes now a museum piece and you can visit her on Saturdays and Wednesdays in Rotterdam (Maassluis)

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2008, 10:44:22 »

No, shes now a museum piece and you can visit her on Saturdays and Wednesdays in Rotterdam (Maassluis)
okey, do you know if it is possible to into the bridge or Engine Room?

NathanC

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2008, 15:05:56 »

okey, do you know if it is possible to into the bridge or Engine Room?

Yes, you can visit every part of the ship, and i think on these dates she sails down the river

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 17:45:57 »

Ahoy Sealords,
Can somebody tell me if the steeringwheel inside the wheelhouse is simulaair to the picture (see attachment)?
This screenie is taken from the Elbe & Furie Edition version of the Furie, NOT from the Shipyard version.
I ask this 'cause I can't find a reason why there is a) a double steeringwheel (one big, on small)and b) only the small one is actually moving when the rudder is activated (by using the mous and/or the arrow keys).
Regards
Aad
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2008, 18:06:08 »

Hello Aadjepiraatje,
I could imagine the small wheel with the chain is a servosteering, while the big one is the standard one, only engaged (there is a clutch to disengage the gears) when the servo is out of order (or without power).
Regards,
Luc

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2008, 18:24:53 »

Hello everyone,

This morning, i decided to give the Furie some thorough testing, i decided to try and go the the little harbour in the Phi Phi islands, i started out on my journey from the spawn point near the "Hin Dot" (i think that is what it is called :D )

I Carefully approached the little harbour as i knew the shallows and the risk of becoming beached would be quite high. I came to about 15 Metre's away from the gangway and started to turn starboard then violently shook the ship into Full reverse when near the gangway,
Then when at a comfortable speed i knocked the engine back into Slow Ahead and turned starboard even more, then, i lined up the stern with the gangway then reversed slightly and took the bow in. This is an excellent ship and i certianly didn't expect the great responce time from the engines, i am very pleased with the Furie and as you can tell from my signature and avatar this is now my favourite ship,

I'd advise anyone to purchase her, great price for a great vessel, and the money raised goes to the up keeping of the real ship as far as i know. The Furie can be bought from the official ship simulator website (in the shipyard section), the link is below.

http://www.shipsim.com/shipyard/shipyard.php

All of the docking was done from inside the wheelhouse and outside on the Telemotor platform where the compass and external wheel is, along with the telemotor.

Do you have any image's of you sailing the Furie, if so, post your pictures here!

Kind Regards,
Jack.
Ahoy Jack,
I did so quite a while ago. Have a look at:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,2979.msg99288.html#msg99288
and further.
Regards
Aad

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2008, 19:21:43 »

Hello Aadjepiraatje,
I could imagine the small wheel with the chain is a servosteering, while the big one is the standard one, only engaged (there is a clutch to disengage the gears) when the servo is out of order (or without power).
Regards,
Luc
Ahoy Luc,
Tnx 4 UR answer. Must be that.
Regards
Aad

<edit correct answer about those double wheels>

Ahoy Luc and the rest of You Sealords,
Beeing on board of the Furie lately I had a chat with one of the crewmembers about those double steering wheels.
The reason is that they use the small one in harbours etc during manouvering when the speed of the action really counts. The small wheel is coupled by a servo and can be handled with one hand on your back and two fingers from the other hand in your nose.
The large wheel however is used at open water when it dosn't matter so much about accuracy and fastness of steering.
The outer steering wheel as in SS08 is not correct with those eight spokes, the real thing has only six. On the attached pic it's covered with an old plastic bag (they do that all the time in harbour), but You can count the spokes.
Regards
Aad
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 13:15:11 by aadjepiraatje »

NathanC

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2008, 08:07:33 »

More pictures of Furie

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2008, 08:57:02 »

Nice photo's Nathan, i hope to make this an Elbe and Furie topic when the Elbe arrives.

Jack ;D
Kind Regards,
Jack.

NathanC

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2008, 09:15:25 »

I have a feeling Elbe is near....possibly today

It seems the site is being updated now, i can't access the Shipyard page.....i'm excited  ;D

matt5674

« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2008, 09:19:09 »

hey that picture of that hallway was it the interior of the furie?

NathanC

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2008, 09:39:02 »

hey that picture of that hallway was it the interior of the furie?

Yep  ;)

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2008, 08:09:10 »

Ahoy Luc,
Tnx 4 UR answer. Must be that.
Regards
Aad

<edit correct answer about those double wheels>

Ahoy Luc and the rest of You Sealords,
Beeing on board of the Furie lately I had a chat with one of the crewmembers about those double steering wheels.
The reason is that they use the small one in harbours etc during manouvering when the speed of the action really counts. The small wheel is coupled by a servo and can be handled with one hand on your back and two fingers from the other hand in your nose.
The large wheel however is used at open water when it dosn't matter so much about accuracy and fastness of steering.
The outer steering wheel as in SS08 is not correct with those eight spokes, the real thing has only six. On the attached pic it's covered with an old plastic bag (they do that all the time in harbour), but You can count the spokes.
Regards
Aad

Those are great pictures! its always nice to see pictures of the real thing.

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines