Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 14:05:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: RMS Olympic Model  (Read 3353 times)

NathanC

Re: RMS Olympic Model
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 18:01:20 »

There is no online shop selling the Titanic version by Gilbow so i'm going to get this Olympic

mvsmith

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 18:09:35 »

allthough the survivors give a great insite into the titanic they can also mis lead or have different ways of seeing things as many people said the titanic when down in one piece not we know that not to be true but the survivors did have more pressing matters at the time of the ship going down so realy unless we can go back to when titanic sunk we will never realy know the details

You are right about that, Paul.
It is easy to see why people would prefer to believe the hymn was played rather than a rag, but if the band’s purpose was to avoid panic among the passengers, perhaps ragtime is a better choice than one dealing with imminent death.
Marty

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2008, 18:11:35 »

yes i know if i was there is would be to bissy trying to get off the ship to listen to what music was playing but it is nice to thing that even in the face of death they kept palying but they were not fooling any body everone know the ships was sinking
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 18:17:00 by pauljanaway1 »

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 01:10:14 »

If the last song WAS "Nearer, My God, To Thee", many say the Proprio Dio was the most likely version for 3 reasons (though I'm a bit skeptical at this point on the last reason, but I'lll include it anyway)

1. It was the band leader's favorite version
2. He wanted that version played at his funeral
3. (a bit skeptical on this one) He told one of his friends if he was on a sinking ship, he would play that song

Ship Sim

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 05:32:32 »

Im makeing a model of a gato class sub from Revell
http://www.shipmodels.co.uk/561_1_2502607.html Info on it
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines