Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 17:06:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you have your own real boat/vessel?  (Read 131980 times)

TerryRussell

Re: Do you have your own real vessel?
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 21:45:15 »

Well, I was hoping to go out today in my boat, but the weather forecast was not good. But when I do go out, I am going to take my video camera (which I bought specially for this) and I shoot some scenes from within Chichester Harbour and out on the Solent.

Then I will post a link from the Creator's Forum so that people can see it in real life. All being well, probably during week beginning 30th June. (weather permitting). Tomorrow I will go and fill her up with petrol. You'll hear the sound of my crying.....

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 21:46:02 »

would it count if i said  my uncle owns one?

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 07:27:25 »

MY BOAT IS BACK IN THE WATER!

A little while ago, I posted a shot, saying "my boat is here", and DJM thought I was joking (at that time). I could see why he thought that, and I was teasing a little. The boat was exactly where I said it was (amongst 1,000 others). Since then, it had to be lifted out and some work done to teh hydraulic ram on the drive leg. But now it's back!

Here are some shots I took a few minutes ago.

Nice boat Terry :)
Kind Regards,
Jack.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008, 07:44:24 »

I cant really take a picture of it because it is sitting in the garage and there is stuff all over, so you wont really be able to see most of it. Further more, I do not have a picture of it :-\.

Ok, thats fine :)
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008, 08:04:25 »

I've lived here for over 20 years. To be honest, I don't notice it any more, which is kind of a shame.

But most evenings I go for a walk around the village and along the sea wall. I hear it then. I can sit on a seat facing the sea and drift off... I find it very soothing.

It is soothing untill a flock of seagulls come and do there thing on your head.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2008, 08:08:57 »

It is soothing untill a flock of seagulls come and do there thing on your head.

Thats true haha or you here them "squak squak" flying around you, your just waiting for it to happen, then POP *goes home to get a shower* :D
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2008, 08:15:49 »

Thats true haha or you here them "squak squak" flying around you, your just waiting for it to happen, then POP *goes home to get a shower* :D
Just dunk your head in the salt water.  :P

TerryRussell

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 09:28:16 »

Just dunk your head in the salt water.  :P

There speaks someone who doesn't have sea water currently at 8 degrees centigrade (42 F)...

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 09:31:20 »

There speaks someone who doesn't have sea water currently at 8 degrees centigrade (42 F)...
Our fresh water is freezing due to snow melt. Although I took my dog to the lake and had to go in waist deep.  >:( Did I mention I was wearing jeans and tennis shoes.  :(

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2008, 20:48:01 »

In florida, the average temperature is about 80 degrees. You want to complain abou the cold, or the heat ;D?

TerryRussell

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2008, 21:10:34 »

Well, here next to the Solent, the temperature range is not great. We rarely get frosts and we rarely get much above 80F. Since my wife came here from New Jersey, she finds that the only way to tell the time of year is by how long the rain is visible in daylight. ("No seasons" she says).

My sister in law just laughs. She lives in Tampa, FL.

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2008, 21:30:58 »

The weather has been very bad here in florida, raining every day for the past week :(. It is almost as if we are cursed with rain, to never see sunshine again ;D.

Has your wife ever considered judging the time of year by when the flowers bloom :D? I am sure you guys have some nice flowers.

TerryRussell

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2008, 22:22:05 »

In the first year that my wife was here, she looked out onto our garden on Christmas Day and said "When do the flowers stop?".

"They don't", I replied.

We have flowers all year round here. See shot from February. For the first time in ages, we actually had snow. It lasted about 2 hours then melted. A few hours later it was about 75F.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2008, 22:39:23 »

you shouuld live in england we never get some good sun we get hot sun for more than 4 days and it makes the papers in england

TerryRussell

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2008, 22:46:39 »

you shouuld live in england we never get some good sun we get hot sun for more than 4 days and it makes the papers in england

Errr.... I do. I live on the South Coast (West Sussex).

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2008, 22:48:45 »

no not you i can see you live in engalnd you have the uk flag on your profile i was aim the post at the captain  the captain

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2008, 07:25:50 »

In the first year that my wife was here, she looked out onto our garden on Christmas Day and said "When do the flowers stop?".

"They don't", I replied.

We have flowers all year round here. See shot from February. For the first time in ages, we actually had snow. It lasted about 2 hours then melted. A few hours later it was about 75F.

God that must have been a seriously low temperature :o
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Saphire

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2008, 07:57:33 »

Up here in Orkney the temperature never goes up above 20C, or below 0C.

Teamspeak member!

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2008, 07:58:43 »

Up here in Orkney the temperature never goes up above 20C, or below 0C.

Ireland's weather can be beutiful in summer, but the winters are VERY hard.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

TerryRussell

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2008, 10:18:17 »

To drag this thread kicking and screaming back to the topic....

I don't know if you're interested but I'll tell you anyway. Anything much larger than a big rowing boat needs special equipment to lift it out of the water. At the Marina where I keep my boat, they have a set of large slings that can handle vessels up to about 25 metres.

I'm sure that it won't happen in Ship Simulator 2008 but it would be cool to have a way of taking boats out of the water (a bit like the cranes for Vermaas). "Ship Maintenance Simulator 2010".  ;D

Here is a picture of the smaller set of slings used at the marina. In the background you can see the small blue tractor that pulls it around:

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2008, 14:10:18 »

I don't know if you're interested but I'll tell you anyway. Anything much larger than a big rowing boat needs special equipment to lift it out of the water. At the Marina where I keep my boat, they have a set of large slings that can handle vessels up to about 25 metres.

I'm sure that it won't happen in Ship Simulator 2008 but it would be cool to have a way of taking boats out of the water (a bit like the cranes for Vermaas). "Ship Maintenance Simulator 2010".  ;D

Here is a picture of the smaller set of slings used at the marina. In the background you can see the small blue tractor that pulls it around:

Very nice, i'd like to see a slipway that works in ship sim, and cranes that could lift boats in and out of the water, i also think sem-submersibles would be a nice idea. I think that ship sim needs to be more interactive, like being able to open bow doors, being able to use lifeboats etc. all that sort of thing. Maybe we will see this in ship sim 09/10
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Chris-S1

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2008, 16:34:57 »

Name of vessel: humbug
Age/Year Built: 2001
Vessel Type: 6ft rib
Engine Type: 4stroke 60hp yamaha
How many knots produced: around 45

Name of vessel: Mingaly
Age/Year Built: 1998
Vessel Type: moody 32
Engine Type: dono
How many knots produced: about 6

will post pics wen both are in water

I'm sure that it won't happen in Ship Simulator 2008 but it would be cool to have a way of taking boats out of the water (a bit like the cranes for Vermaas). "Ship Maintenance Simulator 2010". 

terry do u no thay also use hidrolic hoysts thay take them right into the water and the hidrolics lift the boat.
thay fold down and the boat sales on the hidroics get to work and the hole thing comes out the water very clever and no need for a tractor

Chris S
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 16:45:37 by Chris-S1 »

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2008, 16:45:01 »

All nice boats, keep them comin' ;D
Kind Regards,
Jack.

TerryRussell

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2008, 17:08:53 »

terry do u no thay also use hidrolic hoysts thay take them right into the water and the hidrolics lift the boat.
thay fold down and the boat sales on the hidroics get to work and the hole thing comes out the water very clever and no need for a tractor

Hi Chris.

Yes, in the Marina, they have a very large set of slings that go into the water (I'll take a photo when I'm there next). That is under a gantry that rolls over the water out on jetties. They bring the boat in over the slings under the water and then pull up the sling. The Gantry then rolls back off the jetty onto the tarmaced area and puts the boat wherever it needs to be stored.

That tractor is just for towing boats sat in the sling round to wherever they're being stored. The Marina is about 1 mile aound the edge and boats are stored all the way around it.

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2008, 17:14:05 »

Not all boats have to be lifted to get out of the water. They also can be hooked up to a trailer. Does anyone have one of those? I do ;D.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines