Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 10:04:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saving game during a mission  (Read 5890 times)

eric

• Forum member
Saving game during a mission
« on: May 01, 2007, 08:01:56 »

Did I read somewhere that Ship Sim 2008 will have a facility to save a game in the middle of a mission so that it can be continued later on. If there are going to be some longer missions this will be needed for those of us leading busy lives who cannot sit at the computer all day/night!! ;)

Wout

• Forum member
Re: Saving game during a mission
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 13:08:07 »

Yes, this feature is going to be included in the 2008 version.
Wout

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 09:55:20 »

It's good that we are going to have that because i'm in the middle of a big mission then i have to go somewhere. It's annoying stopping half way through!

KDS

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 15:49:12 »

Yer I hate it when i have to leave half way through a mission.
Best Regards
Kevin

Captain Davies

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 18:48:00 »

The risk of not being able to finish a mission is the one thing that stops me playing some of the tougher missions, especially if they require time and care.

tman

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 21:27:34 »

Also I think a good thing the developers could do to make missions shorter is ad something that speeds up time like they do in Flight sims :)

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 02:27:25 »

The risk of not being able to finish a mission is the one thing that stops me playing some of the tougher missions, especially if they require time and care.
I completly agree, I don't do many missions because of the time and care required, (and some days i just don't have the patience ;)) KM

captainmcd

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 14:17:37 »

I think that being able to both sped up and save a mission would be a big help.   I know you can pause, but then you can't use the computer for anything else.   One problem I can see is that those who want only to post a high score will use the save feature to boost their score.  You could complete the first leg at your best time, then save it and use that as a base for the second leg, etc.   
A collision at sea can ruin your entire day.
Thucydides, 500 BC

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 14:26:16 »

Probably too late to do anything about it now, but next version...

If the programme was to record the number of saves next to a high score it will be clear if someone is merely stopping for their dinner or if they are cheating.

Mabe you could lose X points for saving mid game. IF you're bothered about other peoples scores that is.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 08:48:11 »

Loosing points for saving doesn't sound very good...

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 11:00:10 »

Maybe it IS a bad idea. But as Capt mcd said, people will save and re-start continiously to get the best score.

OK so how about a bonus point for completion without stopping.

Anyway, the same applies now- you can re-do the mission until you get the score you want and upload that.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 11:22:33 »

yeah same here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines