Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 11:41:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: An amazing Titanic monument and memorial: a new Titanic!  (Read 13257 times)

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
Re: An amazing Titanic monument and memorial: a new Titanic!
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2008, 03:05:30 »

After seeing these videoes, I REALLY want to see the ship sail again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVniKtlnl70&NR=1 Building the Titanic Part I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UMahhkMEwQ&feature=related Building the Titanic part 2

andrey33

• Forum member
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2008, 18:23:34 »

I highly doubt the probability of a "Titanic" replica being built. I mean, many anti-pollution laws would STRONGLY prohibit any coal powered ships (all that smoke that goes in the air, all the Greenpeace guys would go CRAZY ). Not only that, but let's think about this for a second : What major company would spend houndreds of millions of dollars(or whatever the price wich would be extremely large) on a ship that wouldn't make a profit as large as the expense itself.

A small company doesen't have the slightest chance of gathering the money, the human resources, operational planning and that petty website isn't going to atract anyone's attention, a website is extremely important since it is one of the most powerful types of comercials of today (anyone who studies marketing should know this), if a company doesen't have a strong image than no one will even bother make a large scale investment on such a large project.

And even so let's be honest, how many people will want to sail on a ship that already sank ? I know the movie Titanic made a lot of fans but how many would be willing to go on it with the thought "God I hope this won't end like the last one". Who would man the coal furnaces ? There are many ships that are larger and more luxurious therefore the "Titanic" replica would only have a few voyages before going bankrupt.

"For those who loved theyr ships more than theyr women, as was expected of them"

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2008, 00:25:01 »

how many would be willing to go on it? Who would man the coal furnaces?
Die-hard Titanic (ship, not movie) fans, like myself :P

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2008, 08:01:03 »

Die-hard Titanic (ship, not movie) fans, like myself :P

Count me in mate, blahhh.... laws these days, this is Titanic were talking about, no law should stop her no matter how much coal she has or what ever system of movement it has in my book that ship has all the freedom in the world...after they build the ship us die-hard fans will make sure she has smooth sailing.What can i say Titanic is a really has really captured my attention from the moment i first saw the movie theres no explanation all i have of the ship is a model, some soundtracks and a briefcase full of pictures of the ship and everything that has to do with Titanic .Oh yeah nice English fluency mate"andrei" i use to live in Romania to but, moved to NZ for more of a smoother sailing though out life.Once again I'm with the idea of the ship being built.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2008, 12:37:42 »

Count me in mate, blahhh.... laws these days, this is Titanic were talking about, no law should stop her no matter how much coal she has or what ever system of movement it has in my book that ship has all the freedom in the world...after they build the ship us die-hard fans will make sure she has smooth sailing.What can i say Titanic is a really has really captured my attention from the moment i first saw the movie theres no explanation all i have of the ship is a model, some soundtracks and a briefcase full of pictures of the ship and everything that has to do with Titanic .Oh yeah nice English fluency mate"andrei" i use to live in Romania to but, moved to NZ for more of a smoother sailing though out life.Once again I'm with the idea of the ship being built.
I, too have but several models (okay, maybe it's just a sinking one, a book on how to make the most detailed model in the world, and the ss06 one, but still), a Titanic dvd (Titanic's Final Moments: Missing Pieces), and several pictures (in the previously mentioned book), and I WANT HER TO LIVE AGAIN! (so what if I don't have a lot of Titanic stuff? I'm 15! I want this 18ft model from the book built and an RC model, too! ;D oh, and the ss08 one, and any ship sim later ;))

Oh, and also, I signed up for the Encyclopedia Titanica Message Boards.... I hope the acceptance email came....

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2008, 05:12:00 »

I, too have but several models (okay, maybe it's just a sinking one, a book on how to make the most detailed model in the world, and the ss06 one, but still), a Titanic dvd (Titanic's Final Moments: Missing Pieces), and several pictures (in the previously mentioned book), and I WANT HER TO LIVE AGAIN! (so what if I don't have a lot of Titanic stuff? I'm 15! I want this 18ft model from the book built and an RC model, too! ;D oh, and the ss08 one, and any ship sim later ;))

Oh, and also, I signed up for the Encyclopedia Titanica Message Boards.... I hope the acceptance email came....

Oh good Lord.... :o thats alot... looks like you can just about have a museum over there :D

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2008, 15:05:04 »

I've visited the Titanic Museum in Branson Missouri on Spring Break, where I saw a copy of the model and picked up the book (along with this really cool SOS shirt that, coincidentally, I'm wearing right now)!

Oh, and my neigbor is a carpender, and said he would like to help in the model's creation!

This is what it should look like when it's done:

« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 15:06:56 by RMS Gigantic »

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2008, 23:33:00 »

I've visited the Titanic Museum in Branson Missouri on Spring Break, where I saw a copy of the model and picked up the book (along with this really cool SOS shirt that, coincidentally, I'm wearing right now)!

Oh, and my neigbor is a carpender, and said he would like to help in the model's creation!

This is what it should look like when it's done:

Man thats good, too bad there are no Titanic museums all the way here or anything like that  :(, consider yourself lucky :D, but im still living.Again the waterline should have that color more likely, can hardly tell the difference if that ship even has a water line.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 23:36:58 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2008, 00:42:45 »

Man thats good, too bad there are no Titanic museums all the way here or anything like that  :(, consider yourself lucky :D, but im still living.Again the waterline should have that color more likely, can hardly tell the difference if that ship even has a water line.
Stop it, you're gonna make me feel bad :( :P

TJK

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2008, 08:50:28 »

Bold edit by TJK
What is this then
http://www.titanicbranson.com/
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 09:08:00 by TJK »

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2008, 10:47:31 »

What is this then
http://www.titanicbranson.com/
He was saying there are none in New Zealand.

That site is for the museum I went to! :D

That place was great ;D

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2008, 04:11:54 »

Wow :o, this is amazing, you know i always had a dream once since the first time i saw the movie "Titanic", my dream is to sail on the RMS Titanic once more.And now It will come true.Since i live all the way in New Zealand, i better start saving up for a second class ticket.THIS IS GOING TO BE SO GREAT! ;D, I must go on this, must.
why second class? what if they don't sort by class? but if they do, how about first?

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2008, 04:20:05 »

why second class? what if they don't sort by class? but if they do, how about first?
Then you don't get the bow and stern... but still more than 2nd class!

Crew would be best: They got all the most scenic areas! ;D ... for some odd reason ???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines