Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 22:36:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie Making Guide [Now Available]  (Read 24844 times)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
Re: Movie Making Guide [Now Available]
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2008, 23:53:18 »

It's about 95 meg, so the upload is taking a few minutes. (The avi was 2Gb!).

I usually export to MPEG 2 for storing them on my PC (untl I back them up on DVD), but I use MPEG 1 for uploading ;)

I am gonna play around with some settings on my next movie though, because I want better quality for my uploads :)

Carl.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

TerryRussell

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2008, 00:03:31 »

I've stored in mine in DV format, which takes a bit of space, but hard disks are cheap these days, so not worried on that score.

I converted to mpeg2 for the upload. That gave a good size image and I could set the quality level as I wished. I went for a good level of quality balanced by a reasonable level of compression. So 2Gb went down to 95Meg.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2008, 00:05:33 »

DV is great quality, and like you, I also have enough space on my HDD's ;)

95meg for MPEG 2 is pretty good going.  I assume that you altered the bitrate manually for the export then?

Carl.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

TerryRussell

« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2008, 00:09:01 »

Sort of. I have a program I created myself. It has a slider which allows me to balance between no compression (i.e. top-notch quality) and maximum compression (i.e. pretty grotty quality). I went about halfway between the two and was pleased with the result. It takes a while to do the conversion (about as long as the video lasts), but it works well.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2008, 00:11:23 »

Real-Time conversion isn't too bad though.  When I first started in 2003, it used to take 3 times longer than that ::)

I played around with bitrates a lot in my early days, but I rarely bother now, unless I'm after something specific from the movie.  The standard plugins seem to work ok most of the time though ;)

Carl.

TerryRussell

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2008, 08:15:11 »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2008, 10:18:58 »

Made a comment on your separate 'Media Board' topic ;)

I rarely use proper video footage of my own now.  I did film my Sister's wedding in 1999, and created 2 different edited versions for her.  I didn't have a PC at the time, so it took much longer than it would now, especially with the music video version I did.................cables everywhere ::) ;)

I do use other peoples video footage of course (that they've filmed), and still do some movies for family and friends, including parody movies.....they always get a laugh ;D

Carl.

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2008, 22:23:23 »

Hiya guys :)

Excuse me for interrupting SA :-[

trains, that's what you call video overlay (using more than one piece of video 'overlayed' on top of others).  You would need 5 pieces of video to achieve what you are talking about, and then arranging them to your liking.  You can see a 4-video overlay in my Ship Simulator 2006 movie, when the helms of each vessel are shown, and you can see 2-video overlays on some of my other movies too ;)

Each piece of video is usually inserted onto a separate track, and then moved around etc. (like SA mentioned ;)).

Hope this helps :)

Carl.
can you mak a video tutorial for that?

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2008, 22:47:18 »

I could do that, but I've always found that if you lead someone by the hand, how will they ever learn to walk by themselves ;)

That's the ex-teacher coming out there ;D

Carl.

P.S.  I could only do a tutorial with the packages I use, and not everyone uses the same packages.  That's one of the reasons that I did a standard guide, not a full rundown ;)

Edit:  There are some tutorials for MoviePlus 5, available here:  http://www.serif.com/community/tutorials/index.asp

Scroll down a little to find them ;)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 23:12:08 by [RWP]DJM »

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2008, 08:31:16 »

Thanks DJM you're doing alot of people alot of good here. ;)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2008, 09:51:13 »

Well, I don't know about that, but it is a pleasure for me to help if I can :)

Capt. Le Velle

• Forum member
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2008, 18:49:41 »

are there any free movie making software

Pain is weakness leaving the body-Special Ops Instructors.
http://www.freewebs.com/shipsimusa/
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines