Hello Guest April 30, 2024, 15:08:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: visit my site  (Read 3018 times)

coolsky

• Forum member
visit my site
« on: May 01, 2008, 02:07:02 »

go towww.marinecrazyman.webs.com

beechjetkid17

• Forum member
Re: visit my site
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 02:15:54 »

is there really a new to double post? prehaps you should delete one of the topics ;)

coolsky

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 02:27:40 »

ok visit my site

beechjetkid17

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 04:47:23 »

it is a very good site...does it cost money to take the courses? and how do i know its for real?

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 09:44:00 »

Hiya coolsky :)

Seeing as you've created 2 topics relating to the same subject, the other one will now be removed :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

coolsky

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 01:59:24 »

no, no money at all. I cant prove to you that i am a commanding officer, you will just have to believe me. I have 11 other people taking courses also. If you want to try, go to my site www.marinecrazyman.webs.com and click on apply,

thanks

skyler

webhead1015

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 03:47:54 »

picture of your USCG license wouldn't suffice for proof? =]
* webhead1015 isn't sold yet.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 04:12:36 »

picture of your USCG license wouldn't suffice for proof? =]
* webhead1015 isn't sold yet.
I'm with you, I want proof.

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 07:26:55 »

Very Good site, Keep Going. im sure you can made it ;D

coolsky

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 00:02:25 »

Hi,

I noticed some of you want proof of my licsence, but im not shure how i can put pictures on here. If one of you could help me out, that would be great. Listen, im not trying to cheat you or anything i just thought that since you guys like this stuff, i love it, that you might want to learn about the real thing. If your not intrested, thats fine, i have no problem with that. If you change your mind, come to my site at www.marinecrazyman.webs.com and click on apply. Thanks and ships rule,

skyler

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 00:09:14 »

no, no money at all. I cant prove to you that i am a commanding officer, you will just have to believe me. I have 11 other people taking courses also. If you want to try, go to my site www.marinecrazyman.webs.com and click on apply,

thanks

skyler

Hiya skyler :)

I'm not sure how the rules work for this kind of thing, but I feel that this is something of a young age to be a Commanding Officer................of any kind :-\

Hey everyone,

im Skyler. I took a cruise on Royal Caribbeans Vision of the Seas. Since then, ive wanted to be a Royal Caribbean Captain. I am 13 years old. If anyone else would like to be a cruise ship captain, contact me at skyguy1994@gmail.com

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 00:13:14 »

Hiya skyler :)

I'm not sure how the rules work for this kind of thing, but I feel that this is something of a young age to be a Commanding Officer................of any kind :-\

Regards.

DJM.

:o>:( are my statements.  8)

coolsky

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 02:01:46 »

You guys have it all wrong. I have achieved this rank in SeaScouts, a division of BSA. Its for people who are ages 14 to 20. I have just achieved the rank Commanding Officer, so im not a real commanding Officer, but i know a lot about this stuff. What i am the Commander of is the 111ft. SeaScout ship called Liberty that ports in the Sacremento river. Just cause im a kid, does not mean i dont know about this stuff.

Skyler

webhead1015

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 04:27:10 »

Fair enough... but while it is a good idea in theory, it is pretty hard to teach stuff like navigation and such <in person>, let alone through online courses.  I have plenty of friends who have failed terrestrial navigation this past semester taught by some of the best merchant mariners in the nation.  I know even more people who failed celestial navigation, also taught by some of the best.  You could teach stuff like rules of the road, lights and signals, simple stuff like that online, but to try teaching some of the meat and potatoes of becoming an officer is pretty tough in person, let alone online.  If you want to try teaching stuff, stay <as basic as possible> and just scratch the surface otherwise there will be confusion faster than you can say "Iceberg dead ahead."

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 07:30:19 »

You guys have it all wrong. I have achieved this rank in SeaScouts, a division of BSA. Its for people who are ages 14 to 20. I have just achieved the rank Commanding Officer, so im not a real commanding Officer, but i know a lot about this stuff. What i am the Commander of is the 111ft. SeaScout ship called Liberty that ports in the Sacremento river. Just cause im a kid, does not mean i dont know about this stuff.

Skyler

Could have told us. Never heard of SeaScouts, but I am in Boy Scouts. :p

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 08:13:47 »

hello skyler
In england there called sea cadets and join from around 10 years old and it
is similair they are funded by royal navy and other organizations i spent 4 years
in it as a boy and enjoyed it very much.
                                                             Eric

TJK

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 08:38:26 »

Could have told us. Never heard of SeaScouts, but I am in Boy Scouts. :p
we have Sea Scouts in Norway.It's for people who are ages 14 to 20 here to and they use a old rescue ship( sail ship) http://www.seascout.org/ships/international/Norway/
Read more here  http://www.seascout.org/ they hawe it in US to
Regards
TJK
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 08:40:45 by TJK »

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 10:54:04 »

hello skyler
In england there called sea cadets and join from around 10 years old and it
is similair they are funded by royal navy and other organizations i spent 4 years
in it as a boy and enjoyed it very much.
                                                             Eric
I go to Sea Cadets in the UK ;) However, I don't know a 13 year old Cadet obtain a Commanding Officer rank.. :-\

Maybe the ranks a bit different in the USA..
Regards,
James

James89uk

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2008, 14:01:26 »

Nice initiative, coolsky!

However, I share the same concerns raised by others; whilst nobody seems to doubt your knowledge as a Seascout Commanding Officer, life as an Officer in the Merchant Navy is quite different.

I am due to start a Deck Officer cadetship with "Carnival UK" to become an Officer onboard one of their cruise ships.  It takes three years of intensive study to gain your basic Officer of the Watch Certificate of Compentancy; then many months of subsequent study and sea experience to obtain your Chief Officer and Masters Ticket - this usually takes at least 8 years (often longer).  Within the cruising industry I believe you need your Chief Officer certificate to become a 2nd Officer, and your Masters to become 1st/Senior 1st Officer.  It takes 20 - 25 years (and upwards) to become a Cruise Ship Captain - the youngest Captain in the cruising industry, at present, is almost 40 years old (which is relatively young)!

Perhaps you could try writing a few articles on your website for anyone to read, rather than operating a course - especially since people are having to give away some of their personal details on your site at present.

Just an idea...

James

TerryRussell

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2008, 18:52:12 »

I love the "Marine Bog" on your site. Is that what I would call the "heads"? Or is it a place where sailors sink into the peat?

From this thread starting with "I am a Commanding Officer" and going to "I am a 13 year old Sea Scout" seems to be quite a bit of longshore drift involved.  ;)

What insurance do you carry to cover you if someone acts on your advice and then gets injured, or worse still, dies? You can't just say "not my fault". In the USA and any EU country you are liable for the advice you give.

If someone dies or is injured in an EU country, there is an extradition arrangement that would ensure you were brought to that country to face trial. Within the USA, the injured party or their survivors could prosecute you in their state or yours, I believe. Have you thought about the dangers of providing advice?

coolsky

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 20:54:02 »

ok, your right, but can i still teach the basics?

TerryRussell

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2008, 21:39:35 »

ok, your right, but can i still teach the basics?

As I say, it can be fraught with difficulties. Just be careful. Make very certain you have reviewed what you are saying before you give that advice.

Obviously what I said above is "worst case" and hopefully it will never happen, but there is always a chance that it might, so reduce the chances for error and reduce the impact if something goes wrong.

coolsky

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2008, 22:15:32 »

ok, please everyone apply at my site

www.marinecrazyman.webs.com

MMMMMM

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2008, 11:37:42 »

cool sight howed you make it :o

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2008, 13:54:54 »

cool sight howed you make it :o
Freewebs ;) they have a site builder too, with loads of templates to choose from.
Regards,
James
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines