Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 19:09:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible Glitch whilst towing with the Bugsier.  (Read 1559 times)

Jayshum

• Forum member
Possible Glitch whilst towing with the Bugsier.
« on: March 28, 2008, 10:07:54 »

Hi all, just wanted to let everyone know about (what I think is) a new glitch. I've just finished a 7-hour session on a custom mission I made in Marseilles (lot's of ships to tow and try!). Whilst towing with the Bugsier, I noticed that the longer I towed a ship for, the longer the rope became..! It caused me to have to disconnect whilst swinging/docking the ship. It got so long at one stage, that you could easily fit a Vermaas in the gap between me (Bugsier), and the Latitude I was towing.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has had the same problem, and if it is a glitch, just to raise awareness of the issue. I apologise for not taking any screenshots (keep forgetting to, much to my annoyance lol), but it's not hard to imagine a short tow-line turning into a really long one. Thanks :)

Jayshum

• Forum member
Re: Possible Glitch whilst towing with the Bugsier.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 17:26:44 »

Sorry to double-post/bump, but I think it is indeed a problem with 'Towing' lines (doesn't do it on mooring lines, and it's not unique to the Bugsier). I tried towing with many different ships (all tugs, RPA, and Pilot boat), and found that the towing line would 'stretch' out to a really long distance! The only way I can describe it better, is to say it's almost like the skippers knocked the switch on the winch that lets more line out. :)

Not really a big deal, but it is a bit of an annoyance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines