Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 03:35:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H. Atlas  (Read 1768 times)

kjh787

• Forum member
H. Atlas
« on: March 28, 2008, 18:58:18 »

Well the barge pusher cannot be sunk and on a side note how do i get to the engine room, because its floating in the air.

Jackobaker53

• Forum member
Re: H. Atlas
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 19:33:48 »

wow that looks baaaaaaaad, i haven't got it yet so this is a bit of a warning for me, especially cos the pushboats what i want most  :D
Gypsies call themselves travellers,but most of their caravans dont have wheels

joeman747

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 12:33:08 »

go out side the control room and go to the bottom deck
 on the left/right is a white door put your cursor on and a sign should come up with stairs on and you click it and then your in the Engine room to go back up find some stairs and look up there should be another sign.
i've got to admit it is hard to find

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 16:21:31 »

It is the after door on the starboard side of the main deck which leads to the engine room. As mentioned above go walkabout until you are facing that door, then left click where you see the notice. OK?
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Dave M

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 23:19:54 »

Hi all,
This is about the pusher mission, (Pusher on Duty).
I thought I would just share these pics with you, I have posted about this before, here,(http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,6498.25.html ), but I thought I would try to re-create the incident. I managed to very successfully  ;D. As you can see, the second lot of barges have a mind of their own if you do some silly things in the mission.
This is not down to 'Bottman' who is responsible for this mission.
As you can see there is a very definite propulsion wake from the stern of both barges. I have completed this mission a few times and this problem only appears when, as I said earlier, you do something you shouldn't.
Regards, Dave
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

donc13

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 17:38:12 »

Hi all,
This is about the pusher mission, (Pusher on Duty).
I thought I would just share these pics with you, I have posted about this before, here,(http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,6498.25.html ), but I thought I would try to re-create the incident. I managed to very successfully  ;D. As you can see, the second lot of barges have a mind of their own if you do some silly things in the mission.
This is not down to 'Bottman' who is responsible for this mission.
As you can see there is a very definite propulsion wake from the stern of both barges. I have completed this mission a few times and this problem only appears when, as I said earlier, you do something you shouldn't.
Regards, Dave

You can also get hit by the AI ships and not suffer any damage.    However, all in all, it is an very good simulation of a tow boat with twin screws and rudders...but only back rudders.   Mississippi River tows use "Kort Nozzles" around the props and have fore and aft rudders at each nozzle.   Makes things like moving sideways MUCH easier than the Atlas can.

If VSTEP could ever come up with a Mississippi tow....I'd be doing nothing but piloting that!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines