Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 04:22:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Painter needed  (Read 3156 times)

Brinch

• Forum member
Painter needed
« on: March 11, 2008, 10:54:20 »

Just having some fun with Blender    ;D

Hmm Photobucket seems to degrade the picture  ??? Well you get the idea

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
Re: Painter needed
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 11:06:48 »

Looks like the paint is stripped. :p

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 11:53:39 »

Looking good  ;D

I'd like to know where you got the texture from, I was having difficulties in finding textures so I started to make my own  :D
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Brinch

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 12:11:17 »

Spencer, Try making a google search for "free textures" - I'm not kidding, I haven't bookmarked any sites, the first page will bring links to my favourite sources of textures, CGTextures, imageafter and others - not sure of the spelling. These are ofcourse not ready to use normally, You'll have to do a lot of editing first. CGTextures has some nicely done photos which works very well, because they have good lightning and shadows, IMO.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 14:32:39 »

Spencer, Try making a google search for "free textures" - I'm not kidding, I haven't bookmarked any sites, the first page will bring links to my favourite sources of textures, CGTextures, imageafter and others - not sure of the spelling. These are ofcourse not ready to use normally, You'll have to do a lot of editing first. CGTextures has some nicely done photos which works very well, because they have good lightning and shadows, IMO.

Thanks Brinch ;)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Chris-S1

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 14:48:10 »

lookses like a steel pontoon or to barge that has gon russty but gd work

Brinch

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 15:39:32 »

Tried putting the barge in water, one render made with Blender internal, two with Indigo, one of them in ice and one in water

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 15:43:53 »

They look nice :)

What do you model in??

Brinch

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 15:49:35 »

I user Blender 2.45 for modelling and Indigo for rendering, both freeware, you can find out more about Blender at www.blender.org - Indigo, I can't remember the address, but should be asy to locate with google. I'm using the plugin called blendigo.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 15:59:29 »

I user Blender 2.45 for modelling and Indigo for rendering, both freeware, you can find out more about Blender at www.blender.org - Indigo, I can't remember the address, but should be asy to locate with google. I'm using the plugin called blendigo.

Ohh right, I find blender quite hard to use to be quite honest. I've got it installed but it's interface is very hard to use  :-\

Brinch

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 16:12:34 »

I felt the same way in the beginning, but I used a few tutorials and read alot on the Blenderartist forums ( http://blenderartists.org/ ), In a few month where I used Blender on and of, I feel like I'm getting the hang of it now. I would say Blender and Gmax are about the same to use for me now. There are some very powerfull tools in blender (some must be downloaded as plugins ) which helps alot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines