Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 15:31:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ATTENTION: MSN Messenger Virus, do NOT open.  (Read 979 times)

NathanC

ATTENTION: MSN Messenger Virus, do NOT open.
« on: June 08, 2008, 20:17:30 »

Tonight on MSN i was talking to a friend and he gave me a message saying "haha is this you" with a link to imageshack. After looking twice at the link it actually said "imageshaack" with 2 A's. It then turned out he had not sent the message and it was a self sending MSN virus, pretending to be your friend and using there name but actually sends itself. When you click the link it asks you if you want to open the file. DO NOT open the file. It will install a virus on your computer. Here is a screenshot to show exactly what i am talking about. I have blanked out my friends name and my e-mail address (Strangely my email address was posted in the message that contained the dangerous file, i have changed my password to my email account ;) )

No i didn't get the virus as my friend alerted me of what the file contained just before i was going to click "Open".......

Hope this Helped you all.

Nathan.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
Re: ATTENTION: MSN Messenger Virus, do NOT open.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 20:22:52 »

Hi nathan,

remember i told you about the virus i had? that is the exact same sort but mine was disguised as a picture, and in actual fact it was a virus. You got off lucky there my friend.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
Re: ATTENTION: MSN Messenger Virus, do NOT open.
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 20:26:21 »

Hiya guys :)

These type of viruses have been floating around on MSN for a while now.  I was sent a similar thing 2 years ago.  Luckily my Virus Checker picked it up, and removed it ;)

Regards.

Carl.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines