Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 18:32:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copyright  (Read 1288 times)

Minime

• Forum member
Copyright
« on: June 06, 2008, 11:51:31 »

I see some projects cant be finished because of copyright, like the Emma Maersk, but why don't they just do the same thing as they did in ss06 just calling it Emma baersk in stead of maersk?

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
Re: Copyright
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 13:27:48 »

i think that is maybe why there is not many ships in this sim as they cannot get break the copy right

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 17:17:12 »

Ship Simulator isn't the only game that got trouble when it comes to get real ships into the game with ship owners logos and signs. Euro Truck Simulator got the same problem:

2.  Have you licensed real truck and car brands for the game?

We have tried real hard - we piled up arguments, we promised things, we begged, we painted rosy pictures. We tried alone, we tried with the help of our publishing partners in the big European countries. Unfortunately, nobody wanted to listen to us. When we ever managed to get a reponse, it was that the truck manufacturer is not interested in having their brand involved with computer games. Unfortunately, there will be no real truck brands in the game.

From http://www.eurotrucksimulator.com/faq.php

It just explains why many computer games got fictional stuff inside. :)

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 17:20:45 »

Ship Simulator isn't the only game that got trouble when it comes to get real ships into the game with ship owners logos and signs. Euro Truck Simulator got the same problem:

From http://www.eurotrucksimulator.com/faq.php

It just explains why many computer games got fictional stuff inside. :)

Oh no! thats really annoying! i was looking forward to seeing some real trucks in that game, i was thinking about buying it but i think i've changed my mind now :-\
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 19:03:52 »

Oh no! thats really annoying! i was looking forward to seeing some real trucks in that game, i was thinking about buying it but i think i've changed my mind now :-\
Just download the mod that comes out from everyone from a 3rd-party that changes the truck names to real trucks. I have it for Haulin and ALH.

About ships, fictional is better! VSTEP can make it anything they want without having to make it exact. They can "make things work"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines