Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 15:21:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you tow the disabled yacht  (Read 1251 times)

tonytigerca69

• Forum member
How do you tow the disabled yacht
« on: March 09, 2008, 22:07:38 »

I'm try the disabled yacht scenerio but I can not get the yacht to move. I have all the patches 1.3 build 1018. I connect the tow ropes inside the green circle, but no matter how much I pull the yacht will not move.  Anyone got any ideas on what I'm doing wrong.

Tony

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
Re: How do you tow the disabled yacht
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 09:22:49 »

hi there Tony, i'm afraid i cannot help you on this one, try posting your question on the "small talk" section, you should get your answer there ;D
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 10:23:08 »

Hi Tony,

I have no idea why you are not able to tow the yacht.. you are using the towline and not a mooring line, right? (although that should work too..)

I just played it and it works o.k.. Drive up to her, connect your towingrope from your stern to her bow and give it some umph... It should move..  Though it might be slow progress, I don't get much more than 3-4 kts.  :-\

(Btw IrishJack, the Small Talk area is for Small Talk, not for game related issues. Posting there about game issues will not get an issue solved faster, but it will make things messier. :))

Regards,
Fred

mp3neo

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 23:24:10 »

i have also towing problems.
also with the disabled yacht. there is a connection with a red line and red crosses but no fisical towing line.
not only in that mission but also in the mission to tow a rig to norway with 2 sherpa`s.
i can just go full ahaed with no load. but it says mission complete while the towable object is stil in place.

it might be same problem. but i cant also mova a crane up and down forw. backw. lift right does work well.
a already changed my controls for this action but it stil aint working.

and i dont know. but if i moor there are also no fisical mooring lines and i can ride the boat al over the place even wehe its moored.
im running v1.1

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 05:36:33 »

Hi mp3neo,

It might be wise to upgrade to V1.3 first, to see if that fixes some of the problems.

The mission with the Sherpa's and the Oilrig has a known bug. So it's not you, that rig cannot seem to be towed.

Do you have the Dutch retail version V1.1 build 1009?  In that case, install the Benelux patch first, then the V1.1 to V1.3 patch.

Regards,
Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines